Ligue 1 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalfordCitizen

PSG will easily end this season with ZERO defeats.
In that case get yourself down to the bank to get all the money out of your account and then to the bookmakers and put every penny you own on it. Ask friends/family to loan you the money and say you'll give it them back in May when Ligue Un ends. You'll probably get 5-1 or 8-1 maximum odds on PSG going undefeated, what are you waiting for.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
PSG will easily end this season with ZERO defeats.
Nah.

They'll win it very early, like last season, and then take their foot off the gas/rest a few players and get a couple of defeats at the end of the season. PSG players basically get an early holiday..

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Nah.

They'll win it very early, like last season, and then take their foot off the gas/rest a few players and get a couple of defeats at the end of the season. PSG players basically get an early holiday..
It's not early holiday but depression symptoms generated by the Champions League

Nigel Refalo

That's a hell of a game to attend, enjoy!
As soon as i stepped out the metro three hrs before kick off the ultras were already having a go with the police and everything looked chaotic and unsafe as water cannons were involved, however it followed with a cracking pre-match atmosphere outside the velodrome and the match was somehow okay, a Marseille team with a good striker would have taken something from that match.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
As soon as i stepped out the metro three hrs before kick off the ultras were already having a go with the police and everything looked chaotic and unsafe as water cannons were involved, however it followed with a cracking pre-match atmosphere outside the velodrome and the match was somehow okay, a Marseille team with a good striker would have taken something from that match.
Yeah, on second thought I should have said be safe but glad everything was fine.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Surprise: Mbappe with the 1:0 in the 70th minute again.

CallyRed

PSG broke Tottenhams 58 year European record for consecutive wins at the start of a season.

Sauldogba

First time watching the french league tonight.
Was shocked at how poor the quality of football was.
Neymar running into blind alleys and losing the ball every 5 minutes.
The lille team not being able to string two passes together.
Pepe doing his best impression of danny wellbeck.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Jonathan Panzo on the bench (Chelsea youngster they signed in the Summer).

But yeah, they're struggling to really create anything substantial.
Liverpool youngster Ojo is on the Reims bench. Didn't realise he ended up there, not really done much in his championship loans.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
First time watching the french league tonight.
Was shocked at how poor the quality of football was.
Neymar running into blind alleys and losing the ball every 5 minutes.
The lille team not being able to string two passes together.
Pepe doing his best impression of danny wellbeck.
and last time :D

el3mel

The more games we go into the season, the more the idea of Monaco relegating, as ridiculous as it's, starts to not look very far away thinking.

el3mel

Monaco ended up losing. Henry yet to register his first win.

Their problem was far more than Jardim as we all know. The board fecked up the team.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I'm not necessarily convinced by Henry as a coach in a vacuum but it looks increasingly like an emergency and in these cases you don't want a novice but an experienced caretaker like Courbis or Dupraz.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
No one is going to fix this. I think Henry knew what he was signing up for, just as Monaco also must be aware there is no turning this around in a quick fix. They've completely gutted their team and haven't properly fixed what they've lost. I'm not judging Henry as a coach on this season just yet, it'd just be mighty good if Monaco actually spent some real money and showed at least a sign of intent to be back among the top dogs in the league.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Think this was a stupid move by both parties. Henry had a good opportunity to stay under Martinez in a pretty cool job, you can travel around and watch/scout your players while improving your knowledge outside of being a head manager, you get to train the very best players in the world in your Hazards, Courtois and Alderweireld and get some experience under your belt without any massive pressure. Here his jump, brave as it was, seemed to be pretty stupid too, Monaco was in a freefall and I doubt many people have seen Jardim as the problem.

It's not really criticism of Henry himself or a prediction that he'll be a shit manager, it's just what did he and the board expect to achieve? That he'll 'inspire' the players because he was a great player and they'll magically get 'back on track' despite being deprived of their core players year in year out? Ultimately it's on the board and I echo @BBRBB's sentiment about the caretaker manager.

Yagami

Good post resistant
So dumb from Rafael. Knew it'd be a red straight away.

Guoan

Supports
Beijing Guoan
No win in two games for PSG. A 2-2 draw at Bordeaux followed by a 1-1 draw at Strasbourg last night.

PSG and Lyon matches have also been postponed this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.