Ligue 1 2019/20

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
PSG are heavy favourites to win a 3rd title in a row. Tuchel will be under pressure to do better in the national cups and in Europe. Will it be their year in the CL?

Can Lille confirm their solid 18/19 season? It could be complicated with some of their best players set to leave and the added burden of European games. They'll have to rely on the expertise of Luis Campos on the transfer market to build the squad they need.

Lyon are the same as ever, consistently strong but replacing 2/3 of their starters every year may prevent them from reaching the very top.

I expect Monaco to comeback strong. The paradox of having a very poor season is that they will be able to work more quietly without interference from richer clubs poaching their best players. Without Europe L1 will take full focus and the players have a point to prove.

Marseille is a good case study for FFP. They bought a few experienced players and a couple prospects for values between €10m and €30m after the previous owner sold every valuable asset in a firesale, found themselves in the red and are now crippled by FFP sanctions. Even selling a couple players they still look potentially good enough for a top 5 but the threat of a vicious circle is real.

Who else can challenge for the top spots: St-Etienne, Bordeaux, Nice, Rennes?

Metz and Brest are the promoted teams who replace Caen and Guingamp.

The 19/20 season opens on Saturday 10 August 2019.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Trophée des Champions (French supercup) starts in 30 min between PSG and Rennes in Shenzen China.

Hopefully a good game and a first trophy!

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
And that's a win 2-1 for Paris!
I couldn't see the game but it's important to keep the habit of winning.

freeurmind

weak willed
What did everyone make of Neymar and Mbappe yesterday?
Just watched it. Neymar didn't play, Mbappe was ok so was Ander. PSG dominated but they'll have to be better than that if they want to win in Europe.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Very good match to kick off the new league season, Monaco-Lyon kicking off in 3 minutes.

Monaco got some interesting players starting, Jonathon Panzo and also Lyle Foster, South african striker gets a debut.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Really wish we had the intelligence to snatch Thiago Mendes from Lille. Next Fernandinho

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Cesc Fabregas sent off, think it went to a VAR review.

Lyon 2 up now. Memphis.

Are Monaco going to sack Jardim again and call him back in March to save them from relegation once more?!:lol:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Surprised just how awful Monaco still are. Unfortunate with the sending off, sure but the showed absolutely nothing in this match. I fear for them and Jardim again.

bucky

Watched the first half so far and can confirm he's very impressive. Hard to believe he's only 16.

izec

Lyon look good. I like that they bought Thiago Mendes from Lille. Remember him when i watched Sao Paulo a few years ago randomly in a league game when Pato was also there, looked really good even then.

paulscholes18

Camevinga looks like he is going to turn into one hell of a player, big money move next summer I reckon

freeurmind

weak willed
We have to be in for this kid, I know its been 2 games but I'd happily pay 50 mil plus for him.

freeurmind

weak willed
Based on this performance maybe PSG are a bit hasty trying to get rid of Neymar, theyve lacked cutting edge.

Hulksmash

PSG are stupid to sell Neymar. Neymar is by far the best player there , Mbappe is a Speed merchant. I think everyone in PSG knows that Mbappe doesn't have the Talent that Neymar has

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Based on this performance maybe PSG are a bit hasty trying to get rid of Neymar, theyve lacked cutting edge.
That's why we aren't trying to get rid, it's from Neymar's camp.

We've been pretty average since preseason, this defeat is not surprising.

Monkers

I think Lyon look great this first 2 games, they look better than they did with Fekir last season.. but only 2 games in.
Psg also already a loss, hoping to see another champion this season.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
This would probably sound knee-jerk but I’d thought the same thing at the end of last season: Tuchel seems to be a little bit overrated, in my humble opinion. He hasn’t done better than Emery results-wise, with and without Neymar. Just my point of view.

bucky

This would probably sound knee-jerk but I’d thought the same thing at the end of last season: Tuchel seems to be a little bit overrated, in my humble opinion. He hasn’t done better than Emery results-wise, with and without Neymar. Just my point of view.
Ironically, I think Blanc has been the best of the lot.

FootyCrew

Typical redcafe....overreacting just for one game.

So now PSG need Neymar to win Ligue 1, uh?

:lol:

LiquidSnake

I dont know if PSG need Neymar to win the league but they certainly dont need Draxler to achieve it :lol: Still not convinced by Marquinhos in CDM role.

Any semi decent team away for home seems to be a pain in the ass for this PSG.