Ligue 1 2019/20

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What do people reckon Tuchel will do when we get to CL KOs and say Mbappe, Icardi, Neymar, Di Maria and Cavani are all fit and firing?

At least one will have to be left out if not two as I'd play Gana and Herrera in the away leg at least and Verratti is obviously a certain starter if fit.

Easy choice I guess is to leave out Icardi but he's made a very good start to this PSG career.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
What do people reckon Tuchel will do when we get to CL KOs and say Mbappe, Icardi, Neymar, Di Maria and Cavani are all fit and firing?

At least one will have to be left out if not two as I'd play Gana and Herrera in the away leg at least and Verratti is obviously a certain starter if fit.

Easy choice I guess is to leave out Icardi but he's made a very good start to this PSG career.
What a problem to have. Cavani doesn't get much of a look in.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What a problem to have. Cavani doesn't get much of a look in.
Cavani will still be in for his workrate I reckon unless they let him go in January. Mbappe obviously a must pick so guess it will come down to if Neymar has his annual injury/vacation at the carnival and then decision is made a bit easier.

Di Maria also seems to have had a very strong start to the season.

ctp

I guess Verratti + two of Gueye/Marquinhos/Herrera in midfield. Cavani is clearly the lowest in the pecking order among the strikers, which of the other four gets dropped is more difficult. I'd agree that Icardi would be easiest to drop, but all of them are amazing when in form.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Cavani will still be in for his workrate I reckon unless they let him go in January. Mbappe obviously a must pick so guess it will come down to if Neymar has his annual injury/vacation at the carnival and then decision is made a bit easier.

Di Maria also seems to have had a very strong start to the season.
Neymar must be due a holiday soon or his sister's birthday or something.:lol:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Rather one sided half to put it mildly... PSG 1/33 for the title already. Value for money :lol:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Replacing Icardi with Lukaku has been such a masterstroke by mr 100-euros restaurant Conte (for Utd and Juve)! :wenger:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Mbappe is a stone cold killer, plain and simple.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Draxler booked for kicking the ball away, when they are losing. How stupid.
That's a guy that's frustrated he's never going to live up to his potential. He's just been non-existent in the last few years outside of one goal against OM, which doesn't say much.

Congrats to Dijon though, they have never beaten PSG. Only Mbappe can say he had a good game, the rest of the team simply couldn't be bothered.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Great win for Dijon. This is already PSG's third defeat of the season. It's good that teams aren't that scared of them anymore. PSG's issues are ever the same, they can win the league with their B team

Demyanenko_square_jaw

I only watched part of the game, but PSG midfield seemed very poorly constructed, big gaps between the players and a flat footed plodder that can't defend well (Paredes) left isolated in the centre far too often. It looked a textbook example of how not to do a midfield 3.

Nigel Refalo

Marseille Vs Lyon tonight and Rudi Garcia's first match against marseille! A marseille win takes them in second place of the Ligue 1 table, Villas Boas is doing wonders with the resources he was given for the season. Atmosphere will be outstanding with a complete sell out Stade Velodrome!

Ludens the Red

Marseille Vs Lyon tonight and Rudi Garcia's first match against marseille! A marseille win takes them in second place of the Ligue 1 table, Villas Boas is doing wonders with the resources he was given for the season. Atmosphere will be outstanding with a complete sell out Stade Velodrome!
Watched the game, unbelievable atmosphere. I knew Marseille were a rowdy bunch but that was nuts, was watching the crowd more than the match. How does any away team win there?

Nigel Refalo

Watched the game, unbelievable atmosphere. I knew Marseille were a rowdy bunch but that was nuts, was watching the crowd more than the match. How does any away team win there?
For me they are the best fans in europe when it comes to stadium atmosphere and I can vouch for this as I have attended several matches the last two years. Eventhough the club has been struggling for several years they still generate the highest crowd attendances in France.

cusmarr

Supports
PSG
For me they are the best fans in europe when it comes to stadium atmosphere and I can vouch for this as I have attended several matches the last two years. Eventhough the club has been struggling for several years they still generate the highest crowd attendances in France.
Even in France they aren't the best, Saint-Etienne is far above them in terms of atmosphere.
We can talk about the game in Europa league vs Limassol with only 5000 people in the stadium?
In Europe there are plenty of clubs like Olympiakos, Dortmund, ATM that have a better one.

Nigel Refalo

Even in France they aren't the best, Saint-Etienne is far above them in terms of atmosphere.
We can talk about the game in Europa league vs Limassol with only 5000 people in the stadium?
In Europe there are plenty of clubs like Olympiakos, Dortmund, ATM that have a better one.
Saint Etienne Can't even fill their own stadium in big matches.

Nigel Refalo

Two decent Ligue 1 matches this evening.

Third place Angers host Marseille.

Lyon face Lille at home.

Foxbatt

Until just now in the Guardian, Bordeaux are competing in a beer drinking contest. It said they were 7 pints behind PSG. But in the last few seconds they have corrected it to points

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Mbappe is just ridiculous.
Most goals by 22 y/o

Mbappé is 20 :lol:

He has 4 goals in 6 games at the WC and 7 in 10 in CL knockout games

He's going to shatter every goalscoring record :lol:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
FT Nimes 0-4 Lyon

Two red cards for the home team before half-time. Memphis scored two (first one from the spot), Aouar & Andersen the other scorers.

Lille 1-0 Brest.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Marseille winning once again. I didn't rate AVB a huge amount in his two premier league spells but looks like Marseille was a very good choice to get his managerial career going again.

Also pleased to see they're 2nd. I got some stick on here in the summer when I dared to suggest it was a more attractive job than likes of Lyon and Monaco, Marseille miles ahead of both so far and got some great quality like Payet, Amavi and Sanson to work with for AVB.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Marseille winning once again. I didn't rate AVB a huge amount in his two premier league spells but looks like Marseille was a very good choice to get his managerial career going again.

Also pleased to see they're 2nd. I got some stick on here in the summer when I dared to suggest it was a more attractive job than likes of Lyon and Monaco, Marseille miles ahead of both so far and got some great quality like Payet, Amavi and Sanson to work with for AVB.
I like AVB as a coach and think he was a little unlucky at Chelsea and he was decent at Spurs but people forget how young he was/is.

Was not an accident what he did with Porto in 2010/11 which is one of the best Porto teams I remember seeing.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
I like AVB as a coach and think he was a little unlucky at Chelsea and he was decent at Spurs but people forget how young he was/is.

Was not an accident what he did with Porto in 2010/11 which is one of the best Porto teams I remember seeing.
AVB is doing an amazing job with Marseille. He get results while having an entertaining brand of football. And he's doing it with an average squad. 6 wins a row is really impressive.
If he can keep it up until the end of this season, he'll be back on track to manage a top club soon.