Ligue 1 2020-2021

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Just seen Lens have signed Farinez. He’s probably in the top 3 shot stoppers worldwide. Amazed he was in SA for so long, can only think teams were put off by his height. Assuming he adapts pretty quickly Id be surprised if he stays at Lens long before a big club comes after.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Nico Kovac is taking over at Monaco apparently. Get ready for a season full of no surprises! :lol:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Just seen Lens have signed Farinez. He’s probably in the top 3 shot stoppers worldwide. Amazed he was in SA for so long, can only think teams were put off by his height. Assuming he adapts pretty quickly Id be surprised if he stays at Lens long before a big club comes after.
FM legend.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
How long has Moreno been at Monaco, doesn't seem that long
Was an odd appointment. Seems to be this feeling in football that anyone who's ever worked at Barcelona must be some sort of football genius.

Didn't work out well for Kovac at Bayern Munich but he did well at Frankfurt previously so Monaco might be the right sort of club to kick start his managerial career.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Nico Kovac is taking over at Monaco apparently. Get ready for a season full of no surprises! :lol:
Just seen a snippet on Sky where a french reporter talked about how the new DoF of Monaco wants to switch playing philosophy to a high line, high press appoach, and how they think this is what they are going to get from Kovac.
You couldn't make this up :lol: Dis' gonna be good, muahaha

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Didn't he do well at Frankfurt?
Relative to the frame of expectations for Frankfurt. I'd say he can work well for an underdog club, where the team is not expected to dominate matches and reacting to the opponent is enough to get by.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Relative to the frame of expectations for Frankfurt. I'd say he can work well for an underdog club, where the team is not expected to dominate matches and reacting to the opponent is enough to get by.
So something that he can achieve at Monaco i guess.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
So something that he can achieve at Monaco i guess.
Sure, have a bus parking hoofball merchant try to implement the kind of football he never had in his locker. What could go wrong...

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Coupe De France final started now on BT Sport. Looks like there's a couple of hundred fans in there. Are France doing test pilots of crowds in stadiums?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Well Mbappe almost got his ankle chopped off, ridiculous challenge.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Shame for Mbappe, hope not serious, but thats never a red. Would be 8 vs 8 each week based on that.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Shame for Mbappe, hope not serious, but thats never a red. Would be 8 vs 8 each week based on that.
That's 10000% a red card, to even debate it is ridiculous. Didn't make contact with the ball, last defender, serious risk of injury, no control of his challenge.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
That's 10000% a red card, to even debate it is ridiculous. Didn't make contact with the ball, last defender, serious risk of injury, no control of his challenge.
Nonsense on all accounts.

1. A red card is not based on non contact with the ball
2. Nearly every sliding challenge is a risk of injury
3. There was a defender much further back so 100000% not the last defender
4. See those challenges each week

The way his ankle goes in slow motion with contact from the trailing leg is blinding people. Also because its Mbappe.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Nonsense on all accounts.

1. A red card is not based on non contact with the ball
2. Nearly every sliding challenge is a risk of injury
3. There was a defender much further back so 100000% not the last defender
4. See those challenges each week

The way his ankle goes in slow motion with contact from the trailing leg is blinding people. Also because its Mbappe.
Good thing the referee knows better than you.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Not best, just better than you on this one. You can keep arguing to the wall about it, I'm really not interested.
Not interested but still replied. That makes perfect sense!

No point wasting more time on it.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Not interested but still replied. That makes perfect sense!

No point wasting more time on it.
Good job, you got some attention out of it.

Anyways, game seems to have settled down now, looked like it was going to get completely out of control.

wr8_utd

:'(
I think the defender is a little bit unlucky. He seems to kind of get the ball with his left leg but the trailing leg unfortunately catches Mbappe's ankle under him. Don't really see that as malicious or intentional at all.

mu4c_20le

Surely if it was obvious they would have told ref its a clear red, rather than let him got to the monitor?
And the ref would've given it as he was right behind the action. I believe he upgraded it after looking how badly it caught the ankle, initially it was just a mistimed challenge.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
And the ref would've given it as he was right behind the action. I believe he upgraded it after looking how badly it caught the ankle, initially it was just a mistimed challenge
Agreed, the slow motion video clearly makes it look worse. If Mbappes ankle never went like it did, I 100% believe the yellow would have stood.

Also the site is full of wee girls who act like tools when someone has a different view. :houllier:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Agreed, the slow motion video clearly makes it look worse. If Mbappes ankle never went like it did, I 100% believe the yellow would have stood.

Also the site is full of wee girls who act like tools when someone has a different view. :houllier:
You say that but you’re the one being childish :lol: