Ligue 1 2020-2021

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Would love to hear what I said that suggets that.
Also the site is full of wee girls who act like tools when someone has a different view. :houllier:
Honestly, you just seem very defensive about a senseless argument, whether it's the referee, commentators, pundits at half time, everybody is in agreement it's a red, but you know better, right?

It doesn't mean it was malicious or intentional, but it was a lack of control in the tackle that resulted in a dangerous foul and the red was given, simple as that.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
So much for not being interested, eh.

Think you will find you were the defensive one and quoted me first. Then resorted to stupid points about amateur football etc.

Well Im not the only one in the thread who thought it was a harsh red. What pundits are they? Because no pundits and only one commentator on my screen.

NYAS

Anyone want to explain to me why France stopped their league on the back of a government announcement that was something along the lines of “no sports to be played until September”, and now, not only are said sporting events taking place in July, fans are also attending?

Am I missing something here? Happy to be corrected if it didn’t actually happen that way.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Anyone want to explain to me why France stopped their league on the back of a government announcement that was something along the lines of “no sports to be played until September”, and now, not only are said sporting events taking place in July, fans are also attending?

Am I missing something here? Happy to be corrected if it didn’t actually happen that way.
Looks early now in hindsight, I thought it was at the time also. They should define waited a little longer.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona

Not sure who said it, but someone high up in France said they made a hasty decision.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
I'd tuned out of this match after the red card but watching those last few minutes the ref didn't wanna give much to St.Etienne did he?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

The players union demanded the end of the season. Otherwise they didn't had to cancel it, it was possible to restart it in August or apparently one week before August, September is for sporting events with more than 5000 people.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
The players union demanded the end of the season. Otherwise they didn't had to cancel it, it was possible to restart it in August or apparently one week before August, September is for sporting events with more than 5000 people.
Monaco home matches should be fine then

NYAS

Ah, apologies for my misunderstanding, thanks for the clarification. Strange that the player’s unions demands didn’t cover the two cup finals.

JPRouve

Scout
Ah, apologies for my misunderstanding, thanks for the clarification. Strange that the player’s unions demands didn’t cover the two cup finals.
The finals concern the teams involved and I don't think that they were going to be cancelled, they would have been played whenever possible. While the leagues concerns all players and apparently the majority of them were against restarts for sanitary reasons.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Referee gave Macron a signed referee shirt and he hands it straight over to his lackeys over the barrier. That's like Jon Moss giving his personalised boots with "mossy" to Prince William at the FA Cup final.:lol:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
anyone watching ligue cup final?
Yep. Rather sloppy, but expected really. PSG are not great. Lyon have done well. Also interesting that there are some crowd in attendance. Except the sound quality is not great. I had to turn it right up to even hear the commentator.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Memphis is taking the same vitamins as Traore

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Herrera, Di Maria, Depay and now a Rafael appearance! Glory be.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
PSG are looking really average.

Neymar is the only quality up top and he’s missing mbappes willing runs.

They look pretty short of fitness and I think they’re going to really struggle against a fully fit Atalanta.

DomesticTadpole

PSG are looking really average.

Neymar is the only quality up top and he’s missing mbappes willing runs.

They look pretty short of fitness and I think they’re going to really struggle against a fully fit Atalanta.
They definitely cannot under-estimate Atalanta. PSG look very rusty and as you say pretty average. A very big fish in a very small pond.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
This wasn't a very good game. Rafael sent off last minute but no consequence. Now the PKs :nervous:

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
Amazing that the picture outage happened when Neymar took his pen, then somehow popped up during both replays so you see him stepping up 3 times but you don't see the shot. :lol:

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
fecking awful coverage from BT or wherever from France's end. 120 mins and the picture starts cutting out on the pens.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Either Lyon were great defensively and Juventus will struggle against them or PSG were just very shit compared to their pre lock down form and are gonna get torn apart by Atalanta.

Wonder which one it is

DomesticTadpole

Either Lyon were great defensively and Juventus will struggle against them or PSG were just very shit compared to their pre lock down form and are gonna get torn apart by Atalanta.

Wonder which one it is
They were all over Neymar, he had his moments but they miss Mbappe big time. Without him they look an better than average side in an average league. Not a great side.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

They were all over Neymar, he had his moments but they miss Mbappe big time. Without him they look an better than average side in an average league. Not a great side.
They beat Dortmund without Mbappe to be fair so I don't think that's entirely true in normal time they'd be able to come in as easy favorites even without Mbappe.

JPRouve

Scout

Wonder which one it is
It's both, Juventus already struggled during the first leg and while Lyon are awful to watch Garcia made them difficult to beat. While PSG lack creativity, Icardi is only usefull in the box and when he scores goals, their midfield is underwhelming when they add defensive minded players, you are not dominating in midfield with Marquinhos, Gueye and Verratti.

Verratti is a deep lying playmaker, he has never been one to get into the the last third while Marquinhos and Gueye are very defensive minded.

JPRouve

Scout
@JPRouve

is Tuchel going to be their manager next season and why is Cavani leaving? I always liked him as a player and thought he has been very important for PSG.
Yeah Tuchel should be their manager next season. And Cavani is leaving because he has declined, struggled with injuries and has become a backup but he wants to play more often, PSG would have kept him if he wanted to.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@JPRouve

is Tuchel going to be their manager next season and why is Cavani leaving? I always liked him as a player and thought he has been very important for PSG.
Tuchel - If PSG gets kicked out by Atalanta, then I wouldn't be surprised if he is sacked.

Cavani - End of contract this summer. He is 33 years old and used to earn 18 millions per year (gross salary). PSG was not willing to offer him a 30-million contract extension due to the Financial fair play and Covid 19 generating financial constraints. Icardi is less onerous and younger. And the clubc needs to be in a financial position to offer Kylian a crazy extension contract. Great career, great stats but less important than Zlatan, Mbappe, Neymar, Verratti, etc.

Carolina Red

Staff
Matchday 1 is on.

Bordeaux vs Nantes

Will be really nice to have this ongoing while waiting for September and the new EPL season.