Ligue 1 2020-2021

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
This season's L1 scriptwriters are on fire :cool:

mu4c_20le

Metz actually had a few chances to seal the upset, but seem to have run out of gas as they played even worse after the red card.

I thought PSG were poor. Hardly created anything despite seeing a lot of the ball, I can only remember the two Icardi chances where he shot it straight at the keeper. Got very lucky at the end.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
PSG is simply awful and I don't think they'll really click on until the end of the year. They need reinforcements in defense, but I suspect they'll make the proper adjustments. I'm not concerned about Ligue 1, they might as well give every club a 10 points lead, they'll still win it in the end.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Think I may frequent this thread a bit more this season with saint-etiennes current form!

Charlie Foley

Nice 2-0 win for Bordeaux today, another clean sheet (think that's 6 in 8 so far this season), need a few more of those wins. A real double blow for Nimes with the 2 goals coming so close together. Bordeaux could have added a few in injury time I thought Ben Arfa really good today.

Looking forward to this Nice-Lille game and of course Lyon-Monaco later. I want Lille to win I think for the sake of a "title race" (:lol:) but always interested to see ex-reds play (Schneiderlin) and I've always been curious about Dolberg's potential

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just looked at Lyon team and didn't realise they got in Lucas Paqueta from Milan in. He joins his countrymen Thiago Mendes and Bruno Guimaraes in that midfield area. Wonder which of those three will go on to have the best career, Guimaraes was in last Brazil squad so most advanced of the three so far.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Monaco have not been bad, but Lyon on the break are devastating and now it is 0-4. The commentator is correct about the experience players in that defence are not helping the inexperienced ones.

JuriM

Just looked at Lyon team and didn't realise they got in Lucas Paqueta from Milan in. He joins his countrymen Thiago Mendes and Bruno Guimaraes in that midfield area. Wonder which of those three will go on to have the best career, Guimaraes was in last Brazil squad so most advanced of the three so far.
Prob him ye, Fabinho & Casemiro are only pure DM's on that squad. If they go with something like Firmino, Ricarlison, Neymar, Coutinho - Fabinho/Casemiro - Guimares on the midfield/striker department, they should need 2 DM types in middle to wipe up.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Prob him ye, Fabinho & Casemiro are only pure DM's on that squad. If they go with something like Firmino, Ricarlison, Neymar, Coutinho - Fabinho/Casemiro - Guimares on the midfield/striker department, they should need 2 DM types in middle to wipe up.
Douglas Luiz been playing DM role for us last six months very well although Brazil played him slightly more B2B in last round of games so he's another to add to mix as he did well for them.

Didn't realise Mendes already 28 so probably rule him out of international contention.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Lyon is only good in counterattacks. Monaco are silly to have played such a high block with 75% possession

Lyon is legitimately trash vs low blocks, can't score a goal to save their lives in open play against teams that park the bus

Pep's Suit

So PSG can start with Florenzi, Di Maria and Kean in front 3 and it's still enough to beat a 3rd place team 3-0? Ugh, the quality of that league is absolutely hilarious.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Who's this Kadewere guy who's turned the Lyon game in 10 minutes?

Hugely enjoyable night of football this, so many storylines.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
AS Monaco vs PSG tonight

Will be interesting to see how our beloved Bayern legend Niko Kovac can do at his new club, against the league favourites. Will he attack? Will he sit back? Of course, he'd be the first to concede that with a mediocre car you can't go 200 km/h on the Autobahn, so he'll likely opt for a cautious approach.

Teams:

AS Monaco
Mannone - Matsima , Disasi , B. Badiashile , Ballo-Touré - Diop , Tchouameni , Fofana , Gelson Martins - Volland , Geubbels
Subs:
Majecki (Tor), Caio Henrique, Maripan, Pavlovic, Fabregas, Florentino, Matazo, Millot, Jovetic

Paris SG
Navas - Dagba , Diallo , Kimpembe , Kurzawa - di Maria , Danilo Pereira , Rafinha , Sarabia - Mbappé , Kean
Subs:
Sergio Rico (Tor), Bakker, Florenzi, Marquinhos, Pembelé, Paredes, Ruiz, Fadiga, Neymar

"Geubbels" :nervous:

Charlie Foley

Great win for Bordeaux away to Rennes. Ben Arfa with a nice goal.

Rennes hit the crossbar in the first half and the inside of the post in the second but I wasn't all that impressed with them.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Vito Mannone, that's a name from he past.

Been in English lower leagues since leaving Arsenal.

Charlie Foley

Monaco have brought it back to 2-2. Volland with 2 goals from close range. Much better from Monaco this second half, Fabregas coming on has made a huge difference. PSG took off Mbappe after Monaco equalised

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is Ben Yedder still there, him and Volland is nice strikeforce for Monaco.