Ligue 1 2020-2021

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Vieira getting sacked then by Nice.

Think he started with 3 or 4 straight defeats but then got some good form from them over next 18 months. Ultimately with Jim Ratcliffe takeover the other year there's been much bigger expectation on them to challenge and get CL spot like Rennes did as not every mid table team can go and sign someone like Kasper Dolberg so league position really disappointing.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
PSG down to 3rd....

Is Kadewere the next big Lyon striker prospect? Another big goal from him, Moussa Dembele not even first choice anymore.

Edit: ..Neymar stretchered off.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Uh oh, Lille are in trouble.

Looks like Elliott are going to get some more control of Lille with this change.

Raredaredevil

PSG playing Lille away in top of the table clash with 75 minutes played, still goalless.

stu_1992

:eek:

I actually couldn't believe it when I watching it. He looked in absolute disbelief afterwards but laughed it off. Shame he will be known for this as he had an otherwise solid game. :lol: Could do better at times this season, but he's go pretty decent potential IMO. He had an unbelievable run of form last year for a time. To be fair he's not helped by the fact that Brest are not at all a defensive team. Make for highly entertaining games at times!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Marseille fans allegedly tried to burn the training center.

JPRouve

Scout
That's Marseille, everything is going as usual.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
That's Marseille, everything is going as usual.
Who do you think will take over as manager there? Are there any obvious candidates?
And how would you judge AVB's tenure there, overall?

I seem to recall they were doing rather well before the Covid cancelation of the league last spring, but this season they seem to have been struggling?

I was kind of surprised to see him doing so well, I remember the game against PSG last year where they were a pretty strong unit (and employed massive amounts of gamesmanship, too..). Must have been one of the more brutal games of football I've seen in my life :lol:

JPRouve

Scout
Who do you think will take over as manager there? Are there any obvious candidates?
And how would you judge AVB's tenure there, overall?

I seem to recall they were doing rather well before the Covid cancelation of the league last spring, but this season they seem to have been struggling?

I was kind of surprised to see him doing so well, I remember the game against PSG last year where they were a pretty strong unit (and employed massive amounts of gamesmanship, too..). Must have been one of the more brutal games of football I've seen in my life :lol:
He did well, the team was full of terrible footballers and he made them win games in the only way they could. As for your first question, I'll be honest, I don't care enough about Marseille to follow their stupid plans.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
He did well, the team was full of terrible footballers and he made them win games in the only way they could.
That's exactly what it looked liked, I was just surprised to see Villas-Boas being the operator of that.
As for your first question, I'll be honest, I don't care enough about Marseille to follow their stupid plans.
Fair enough :lol:
Sorry for treating you as the go-to source for everything French.

JPRouve

Scout
That's exactly what it looked liked, I was just surprised to see Villas-Boas being the operator of that.

Fair enough :lol:
Sorry for treating you as the go-to source for everything French.
No problem. I'm willing to make an effort for everyone but Marseille. :D

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Crazy, has he actually gone?

I wonder where next he will end up. I want him to do well but I don’t really know why

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
It's been official as of 40 minutes ago.

The fact that Marseille are making this look like they're in charge and disciplining Villas-Boas is so petty.