Ligue 1 | French Football 2021/22

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Hey someone has to plow the fields and throw projectiles at the wolves to protect the herd.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Sampaoli is a nutter just like his mentor Marcelo Bielsa hahaha Terrible situation there though

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Payet did not help the situation throwing that bottle back.
He did not, but i can understand it though, he received a 1st bottle (full) in the back, then another one when he was on the ground, I can't guarantee I wouldn't do the same...

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
I never thought about the proximity of the two teams, of course.
When I lived in Paris, I could easily tell you that every fan of every team hates Marseille. Ever since their early 90s team and that Champions League campaign especially. Been to Marseille a few times, my friend Soprano the rapper lives there and we've been to Marseille games, absolute mayhem, those guys are nuts. Ready to fight over anything. This derby is always hostile too.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I'm pretty sure that COVID pass checkpoints played a role in the whole thing. You usually don't have that many bottles in a stadium, it's usually lighters, coins or paper. Because of COVID they're probably not checking the bags that thoroughly.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
When I lived in Paris, I could easily tell you that every fan of every team hates Marseille. Ever since their early 90s team and that Champions League campaign especially. Been to Marseille a few times, my friend Soprano the rapper lives there and we've been to Marseille games, absolute mayhem, those guys are nuts. Ready to fight over anything. This derby is always hostile too.
Wasn't it Marseille where there was a rumpus with England fans. I know they a volatile from watching games on BT. Remember them playing the Benny Hill music if I remember when they were really bad.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What a flex, my friend Soprano, the rapper ;)

Ludens the Red

Presumably the cafe will show condemnation and outrage for these events. And demand a change in french football supporter culture. :p

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Presumably the cafe will show condemnation and outrage for these events. And demand a change in french football supporter culture. :p
The caf will probably start by saying french supporter aren't competitive and only PL fans are.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I think it would be more appropriate to get the top RedCafe posters to sing together on social media for the cause. Should fix everything.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Ultras have been kept away from stadiums for one year and half.

Expect some spicy action during PSG/OM, OM/OL and Saint-Etienne/OL

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
You gotta love the commitment of Marseille's staff

Jaxa

Payet did not help the situation throwing that bottle back.
Guess it depends who you are as a person,

I agree smart thing to do would be hold your emotions and not react but then again if someone launched a beer can at my head I’d launch myself at them in rage, It’s disgraceful players aren’t protected more in these situations, you see it all the time and they’re just supposed to get on with it

cotumely

Supports
Chelsea
It happens to a certain extent over here as well. Somebody at The Emirates threw a bottle at Reece James after he scored. Just missed him.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I think losing the game, 2 games behind close doors and 100k in various fines would be fair for these type of incidents.
They're talking about resuming the game with or without the Marseille players :lol:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
So, per the rules, Nice had to restart the game so the ref could acknowledge the fact that Marseille didn't want to continue. They had to play a corner with only one team on the pitch. Obviously, it wasn't possible so the ref stopped the game for good. This is absurd ^^

stu_1992

I'm pretty sure that COVID pass checkpoints played a role in the whole thing. You usually don't have that many bottles in a stadium, it's usually lighters, coins or paper. Because of COVID they're probably not checking the bags that thoroughly.
I can only speak of my experience of ligue 1 games this season so far in Brest, but the Coivd pass for the 2 games has caused delays yes, but I haven't seen any impact on the security. I have still been searched to the same level I was in the previous 2/3 years. Obviously it could be different at other stadiums.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I can only speak of my experience of ligue 1 games this season so far in Brest, but the Coivd pass for the 2 games has caused delays yes, but I haven't seen any impact on the security. I have still been searched to the same level I was in the previous 2/3 years. Obviously it could be different at other stadiums.
I stand corrected, it seemed to be open plastic bottles, so it's probably something sold inside the arena (they sell plastic bottles but remove the cap so it cannot be used as a weapon).

Charlie Foley

I stand corrected, it seemed to be open plastic bottles, so it's probably something sold inside the arena (they sell plastic bottles but remove the cap so it cannot be used as a weapon).
Yeah I remember that. When we would go to Chaban-Delmas we’d sneak bottle caps in so we could stick it on whatever capless Pepsi bottle or whatever they gave us. We got really creative, one I liked was during the winter bring gloves and take them off before you go in, with the cap wrapped in them then. Or hide it in your scarf :lol:

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
What a flex, my friend Soprano, the rapper ;)
Never had the chance to name drop Said(Soprano) till this haha. Damn I miss France, going to try and watch a PSG game this year, stayed in Epinay just outside Paris, used to go to Parc regularly back then when Kombouare was manager, back when they had a soul. I was hoping Lille would maintain their challenge but Letang had to mess it up. Lyon are a mess with Bosz, I expected this, Monaco were amazing in the second half of the season last year but now can't buy a win and Marseille are well Marseille. PSG by February it is.

Last edited: