Ligue 1 | French Football 2021/22

bucky

Trophée des Champions today. Starts 7 pm.

Last edited:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
With all their new signings PSG should make a mockery of the division. Anything less than champions is dismal failure and they should be champions by double digit points margin.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Actually this maybe the first season ever Im lkinda looking forward to the League One as a Dutchman... For the first time ever one of our Channels (Ziggo) is going to live air French games.. Probably no coincidence:

- Wijnaldum at PSG
- Botman at Lille
- Stengs, Rosario, Kluivert (& Dolberg) at Nice
- Boadu at Monaco (alsmost certain)
- Peter Bosz as Lyon manager

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Did PSG play Hakimi in a back 4? If yes: how did that go?

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Actually this maybe the first season ever Im lkinda looking forward to the League One as a Dutchman... For the first time ever one of our Channels (Ziggo) is going to live air French games.. Probably no coincidence:

- Wijnaldum at PSG
- Botman at Lille
- Stengs, Rosario, Kluivert (& Dolberg) at Nice
- Boadu at Monaco (alsmost certain)
- Peter Bosz as Lyon manager
Boadu to Monaco confirmed.
Also Marco Bizot (AZ keeper and 3rd/4th keeper of the national team) is moving to France, to Brest

stu_1992

Boadu to Monaco confirmed.
Also Marco Bizot (AZ keeper and 3rd/4th keeper of the national team) is moving to France, to Brest
A bit of a random move for Brest in my eyes, but he must be brought in to compete with Larsonneur who is usually a solid choice himself but had a dodgy last season (although he was still initially called up to the French Olympic team). Brest already signed a 3rd choice keeper this summer who I figured would be cover for the second choice Cibois who suffered a long term injury. Considering the needs of the team, I was very surprised to see a second keeper come in.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
OGC Nice have made some interesting signings

always_hoping

With all their new signings PSG should make a mockery of the division. Anything less than champions is dismal failure and they should be champions by double digit points margin.
Low hanging fruit more than ever for PSG.

Should be double digit points ahead by Christmas with the league wrap up anything less will be time for the PSG owners to show Poch the door.

bucky

Opening game of the season at 8 pm. Monaco v Nantes.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Nübel was really shaky at the end for Schalke and he basically didn't play at all for Bayern last season. I was surprised that a club as big as Monaco wanted to sign him on loan and I'm curious to see how stable he really is for them.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Nice to see Boadu immediately starting! Really curious how he will develop..

bucky

Good pass/cross from Henrique to Gelson Martins. 1-0 Monaco. Fabio sadly didn't look good there.

bucky

Just as I wrote it, Badiashile could have looked better for the equaliser. Disasi should have done better, too. Nantes score following a corner kick. Half-time.

bucky

Ended 1-1. Fabio had a rough game. Jean Lucas was very good for Monaco.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I missed most of the game, how did Tchouemani do?

bucky

I missed most of the game, how did Tchouemani do?
Solid as usual defensively. Missed a big chance towards the end, that he should have scored probably. Otherwise he was okay.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Solid as usual defensively. Missed a big chance towards the end, that he should have scored probably. Otherwise he was okay.
Cheers, huge fan of the guy, hope he builds on his excellent last season.

Robaldo

Granted it's against the 10 men of Metz that are 3-1 up and have no need to press, but I do like Renato Sanches' ball progression ability. If Pogba were to leave, I'd be more than happy with him as a replacement.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Granted it's against the 10 men of Metz that are 3-1 up and have no need to press, but I do like Renato Sanches' ball progression ability. If Pogba were to leave, I'd be more than happy with him as a replacement.
We've seen a huge improvement in Renato Sanches the past season, he really starts showing the player he was meant to be. I'm not sure Gourvennec is the right fit to continue his progression though (he isn't).

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Burak Yilmaz rescues a point for Lille with the last kick of the game after being 3-1 down.

Metz down to ten men and were pushing for another goal in the 96th minute when all they had to do was take the ball to the corner to see out the final 10 seconds.. incredibly dumb from their forward players there.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Montpellier v. Marseille. Players being taken off as missiles being thrown from the crowd. Montepellier were leading 2-0 and now losing 2-3. Referee has gone off, players were supposed to follow, they are going off now.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Pretty nice goal from Lyon, very good game against Clermont (sorry low quality).

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I just found out there's a OL player called Malo Gusto :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PepG

Supports
Ajax
I see Peter Bosz continues with his sheningans in France too.... No matter what team is he coaching it is always the same. Too much attacking and way too much open to counters .. A man who never learns from his mistakes.

Charlie Foley

Good game so far between Nice and Marseille, very open, end to end. Dolberg and Kluivert a nice ex-Ajax contingent at Nice

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Nice supporters about to get their club a 10 points docking. Absolute morons...

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Sampaoli wanted to fight the whole stadium :lol:

Between this psycho on the touchline and that joke of a defense and formation, Marseille games are going to be very entertaining. He's like Bielsa with Fast and Furious Nos gas installed.