Ligue 1 | French Football 2021/22

Wayne's World

PSG play like a team where everyone hates each other. :houllier:

I mean the lack of a functional team here is frightening to see with all the talent they have.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Impressed with Lens, have some good players. Fofana isnt only great in FIFA 22, what a great player. He is literally untouchable for PSG.

Lens should have been up by a few, great counter attacking play but these teams lack the attacking talent to hurt PSG.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Fofana is ridiculous, all he does is good, been a long time since I saw something like this.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's a really good box-to-box CM. Ridiculously strong, good pace, good on the ball, fairly smart and disciplined, awesome in 1vs1 duels, good in the air...

He's just a really good, fairly complete CM. Was really weird that he signed for newly promoted Lens actually

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He's a really good box-to-box CM. Ridiculously strong, good pace, good on the ball, fairly smart and disciplined, awesome in 1vs1 duels, good in the air...

He's just a really good, fairly complete CM. Was really weird that he signed for newly promoted Lens actually
Thanks for the reply, will try to follow him.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
FK dangerous area, Messi to score.

Also, Mbappe is just something else. Changed the game.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Thanks for the reply, will try to follow him.
It's a 2 years old scouting report tbf, haven't seen him for Lens at all :D

Also, more of a between the boxes type rather than box-to-box. Not much of a goalscorer. Also only average as a passer, which kinda caps his value at DM/ball winning runner for a top side

Unless he improved further in france

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
PSG are a carbon copy of United this season. Going forward they need individual brilliance and then they have no cohesion when they lose the ball. The number of times Lens had like 4 on 3 after just 2 passes was ridiculous

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
PSG managed to make Lens look like City in their prime. A recurring theme.

KingCavani

Poch is going to destroy his reputation there and probably lose the United job. It was literally the worst possible job he could have taken. The antithesis of what his teams usually are.

Bole Top

Poch really isn't that good. I don't think he needs to win the CL to be considered success here. but whenever I watch them, they struggle so much it makes no sense and it's not like he arrived yesterday. I see nothing that suggests they will get better with time. it doesn't really seem to matter who they play; Lepzig or Metz, it seems it's always cagey 2-1 wins in the last ten minutes. even if they played San Marino, It would probably be 1-0 or 2-1.

KingCavani

Poch really isn't that good. I don't think he needs to win the CL to be considered success here. but whenever I watch them, they struggle so much it makes no sense and it's not like he arrived yesterday. I see nothing that suggests they will get better with time. it doesn't really seem to matter who they play; Lepzig or Metz, it seems it's always cagey 2-1 wins in the last ten minutes. even if they played San Marino, It would probably be 1-0 or 2-1.
All the same things were said under Tuchel.

always_hoping

10 points clear in a poor quality league but PSG have been far from convincing in a number of their games this season.

Tonights 92nd minute equaliser along with..

0-0 with Nice

91st minute goal to seal the win against St Eitenne

81st minute OG and Messi goal in the
87th minute to seal the win against Nantes

88th minute winner v Lille

0-0 v Marseille

Winner in the 87 minute a penalty against Angers

2-0 defeat v Rennes

89th minute goal to seal the win against Montpellier

95th minute winner against Metz

93rd minute winner against Lyon

cyberman

10 points clear in a poor quality league but PSG have been far from convincing in a number of their games this season.

Tonights 92nd minute equaliser along with..

0-0 with Nice

91st minute goal to seal the win against St Eitenne

81st minute OG and Messi goal in the
87th minute to seal the win against Nantes

88th minute winner v Lille

0-0 v Marseille

Winner in the 87 minute a penalty against Angers

2-0 defeat v Rennes

89th minute goal to seal the win against Montpellier

95th minute winner against Metz

93rd minute winner against Lyon
Not sure how true it is but the commentator tonight said PSG gets shat on by the opposition in terms of attempts on goal, regularly having half of the oppositions total

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Not sure how true it is but the commentator tonight said PSG gets shat on by the opposition in terms of attempts on goal, regularly having half of the oppositions total
They are getting outplayed by almost every french team they have faced in Ligue 1 this season so far.
They are getting results mostly by individual talent of Mbappé and Neymar, not because of outplaying the opponent.
They definitely don't look like a team who has an expensive squad at all, i watched many PSG games this season, and they look as if Ole,Lampard, or Pirlo are coaching them.

Don't get the league table fool you, they haven't been great under Poch at all, it's just individual talent bailing them out.
This is not gonna work against Bayern Munich , Liverpool, Chelsea, and City in the Champions League.

Last edited:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
What a fun Ligue 1 we have this year, for the first time in a loooooooong time. It doesn't surprise me that french teams are 1st in the UEFA ranking this season (it won't last but still, we used to be neck to neck with portugal).

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
French football is a farce. Another game in the cup called off at halftime between Paris FC and Lyon due to crowd trouble.

Giggs' right foot

"hurrr di durrr, I'm such a tough big boy, in my new big boy pants - better go to one of the last live football games in a while before another global shutdown hits, and when I get there, I'll start fights with the rival fans, resulting in a fine to my team and cancellation of the game, hurrr di durrr."

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
What kind of beef is there betweem Lyon and Paris FC fans? Can't understand how can there be a fight without a fierce rivalry.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
What kind of beef is there betweem Lyon and Paris FC fans? Can't understand how can there be a fight without a fierce rivalry.
There is a couple of clubs where you stil have pretty harccore ultras in France, mostly racist, especially in Lyon and Nice. Everybody knows it but they're powerful enough that clubs don't really dare to challenge them. Nothing comparable to what you'd find in italy for exemple but still bad enou that we need to drain the swamp. It's not tolerable.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
French football is a farce. Another game in the cup called off at halftime between Paris FC and Lyon due to crowd trouble.

Old school football vibes...nice.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
There is a couple of clubs where you stil have pretty harccore ultras in France, mostly racist, especially in Lyon and Nice. Everybody knows it but they're powerful enough that clubs don't really dare to challenge them. Nothing comparable to what you'd find in italy for exemple but still bad enou that we need to drain the swamp. It's not tolerable.
Nice ultras are the worst, they and Marseille, beautiful cities but terrible fans. Living in Epinay for 2 years I went to a lot of games Ligue 1, 2 and National watched Red Star, Auxerre etc and I noticed almost every club had that ultra faction that if the wind blew in the wrong direction, everything could go sideways, none more so than when Nice and Marseille play.