Ligue 1 | French Football 2022/23

bucky

New season.

Monaco currently leading against Strasbourg 0-2.

Lyon won 2-1 against Ajaccio last night.

PSG won the Trophée des Champions against Nantes last weekend. 4-0.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
People expected Galtier to play boring, conservative football. It's like him and Pochettino played reverse uno on the fans' expectations.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
People expected Galtier to play boring, conservative football. It's like him and Pochettino played reverse uno on the fans' expectations.
Some of the best football I've seen PSG play in the last 2/3 games.

avgp_1

He loves that ball out to the LB and return pass for goal

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's just beautiful football, amazing work by Galtier so far, and really shines a huge light on Pochettino's tenure and absolute inability to get anything of the sort from the squad for 95% of his time there.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It's just beautiful football, amazing work by Galtier so far, and really shines a huge light on Pochettino's tenure and absolute inability to get anything of the sort from the squad for 95% of his time there.
@Amadaeus

El Jefe

PSG are looking like must watch football this season. On another not the dribbling ability of this team is pretty special. CB's aside, everyone can beat their man with ease.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Galtier is a far better coach, I'm sure many people thought that it was a joke when mentioned but remember how he turned Lille's defense around in a couple of weeks. At the time people were maybe less surprised because the ASSE were a pain to play against but the quickness was still remarkable. And it seems that he is doing the same thing but with PSG's possession game, now players have options and the team look like an actual team.

jamesjimmybyrondean

If there's one thing that's improved, it's their defense. They are also very composed now and playing like they understand each other. Messi on his side has fully adapted to the change in physicality and intensity in ligue 1

JPRouve

Scout
If there's one thing that's improved, it's their defense. They are also very composed now and playing like they understand each other. Messi on his side has fully adapted to the change in physicality and intensity in ligue 1
PSG had an excellent defense last season. That part is about the same.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Not from what I saw. They looked disorganised from time to time
I think it was more an issue with the midfield than the defense itself, where once PSG's offense lost the ball, it took seconds for the opposition to have 4-5 players charging down on the defense, through the midfield.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think it was more an issue with the midfield than the defense itself, where once PSG's offense lost the ball, it took seconds for the opposition to have 4-5 players charging down on the defense, through the midfield.
Yeah that's true

JPRouve

Scout
Not from what I saw. They looked disorganised from time to time
Not the defense. The supposed hard workers in midfield were dreadful with and without the ball. The defense itself was good and not different to what they are this season. The one improvement for the defense is the ability to move the ball from the back which was also an issue that stemmed from the midfield especially without Verratti.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Wow, Neymar and Mbappe are really hating each other, the team really looks to be struggling with their power dynamic.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You know the game is a wrap when Juan Bernat tries an elastico. Hat trick of goals for Mbappe, hat trick of assists for Neymar. Full crisis happening at PSG.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Wow, Neymar and Mbappe are really hating each other, the team really looks to be struggling with their power dynamic.
Is this a sarcastic post or was there drama again?

I'm dumb

Last edited: