Lindegaard

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I know it wasn't quite the emirates cup (;)) but I was impressed with him tonight, good distribution, yells like a lunatic and seems to be a decent shot stopper.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
I always liked Kusczcak but Sir Alex seems to pick up keepers in groups and have them leave in a similar fashion. We had Barthez/Carroll/Howard/Ricardo, then Van der Sar/Kusczcak/Amos, now De Gea/Lindegaard/Amos.

RedCanuck

Liked him tonight, I had far more confidence in him than in Kusczcak.
I know its unfair since any keeper needs to be seen over time, but Im glad we moved on.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
He really impressed me against Portugal around the time we started being linked to him. He'll do well here.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I always liked Kusczcak but Sir Alex seems to pick up keepers in groups and have them leave in a similar fashion. We had Barthez/Carroll/Howard/Ricardo, then Van der Sar/Kusczcak/Amos, now De Gea/Lindegaard/Amos.
No he didn't. Barthez was replaced, Carroll was replaced, Howard was replaced. All because they weren't good enough. Ricardo, Kuszczak and Lindegaard were brought in as back ups and Amos came through the ranks and is our number 3 by default.

VDS cemented himself and De Gea is his replacement.
Lindegaard wouldn't have been bought if Kuszczak wasn't okay with being 2nd fiddle.

Unam333

He really tries too hard to look and act like Schmeichel. Passing on instructions is ok, but yelling all the time can get defenders on their nerves. Don't forget we have really young defenders in our squad like Fabio, Rafael, Evans, Jones, Smalling. If I was a young defender with little experience and my keeper is barking instructions all the time, getting on my back, I will get a bit nervous.

An experience keeper with a calm presence like Edwin would be perfect.

Darren_z33

He really tries too hard to look and act like Schmeichel. Passing on instructions is ok, but yelling all the time can get defenders on their nerves. Don't forget we have really young defenders in our squad like Fabio, Rafael, Evans, Jones, Smalling. If I was a young defender with little experience and my keeper is barking instructions all the time, getting on my back, I will get a bit nervous.

Nothing wrong with a vocal keeper.

:drool:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Schmeichel used to yell at players even when the mistake came from his part. He didn't faired to badly didn't he? I do understand your point, However I don't agree with it. A young defender needs more tutorship then an experienced one.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if Lindegaard decide to shout in Vidic's face though. Maybe there's a reason why SAF has not yet sold PIG....;)

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
He pretty much did shout in Vidic's face after that early diving header that just went wide;)

dinners85

I said much the same last night during the match.

He reminds me a lot of VDS in the way he moves, collects, distributes etc - with a bit of Schmeichel's gobbyness mixed in.

I know we've spent big on De Gea but I'm still wondering if there's going to be some competition there.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Shouting isn't a Schmeichel thing only.

SATA

He could certainly pick up a pass with his feet. I was at one point hoping for Fergie to save the dosh on De Gea and give Lindegaard a chance as number 1 and see how he does. Still wouldn't mind to see that happen

tintedsepia

Never liked Kuzcak - always seemed jittery to me and this transmits to defenders.

Like the look of Lindegaard so far (haven't seen him much!)

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned

Communication is one of the most important things in football, especially when playing at the back. Give me a vocal player everyday of the week.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He pretty much did shout in Vidic's face after that early diving header that just went wide;)
Evidence that he'll succeed in my eyes.

The worst thing for a centre half is a 'keeper who's quiet, a keeper who doesn't let them know where they should be, a keeper who doesn't tell them if he's coming off his line or if they need to attack the ball, a keeper who doesn't give them the security they need to know how to position themselves because they've got no idea if the man between the sticks is covering them.

We've seen that with many of the 'keepers we've had over the past decade. Lets not forget Van der Sar has been the exception rather than the rule sadly. Fortunately Lindegaard's attitude seems to suggest he'll be more good than not for us. Hope he keeps it up. :)

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I'll judge him after a few PL or CL games and when he is under the spotlight and under pressure

Ekeke

From the matches I've seen he's a good keeper, just lacks the big character and emphatic talent to be our number 1. I doubt he'll ever let us down in whatever role he's given though. I'm very happy we signed him and that he came in during last season, despite his injury, I'm sure he still settled in the country and that will help during the season

Shimo

Yeah very good distribution. Was impressed when he put a ball right at Giggs feet close to the half way line.

As for the yelling - he was screaming for Ando to get into the wall (for the FK leading to Revs goal) - unfortunately if Ando had stayed where was, probably would have blocked the kick. Was nice to see him confident to command his area and demand better from those in front of him.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
No he didn't. Barthez was replaced, Carroll was replaced, Howard was replaced. All because they weren't good enough. Ricardo, Kuszczak and Lindegaard were brought in as back ups and Amos came through the ranks and is our number 3 by default.

VDS cemented himself and De Gea is his replacement.
Lindegaard wouldn't have been bought if Kuszczak wasn't okay with being 2nd fiddle.
Naturally there are crossovers in the transition, but he does have a point. Barthez, Carroll and Howard had similar spans of career with us; as did Van der Sar, Kuszczak (all this is assuming he leaves, which has been rumoured) and Foster (even though he said Amos) and now we have De Gea, Lindegaard and Amos.

Carroll played regularly due to Howard's dip in form, I don't think he was ever there to be a first choice.

I was a young defender with little experience and my keeper is barking instructions all the time, getting on my back, I will get a bit nervous.
But that's why you're not a professional footballer. A young defender needs coaching and telling and a goalkeeper behind them who is organised and confident instills confidence in others.

Even experienced pros like Pallister and Bruce would tell you they preferred Schmeichel shouting to not, despite how they felt at the moment he was screaming those obscenities.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I actually think this guy has got something about him. An assured confidence that is rare but very important in goalkeepers.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
My concern about Lindegaard is that he won't settle to be #2. Don't get me wrong, ambition is good, but we have seen time and time again that when fergie spends a lot of money on a player, he will afford that player a lot of gametime even when their form dips, and this will be the case with De Gea.

I think we may see Lindegaard only being here for 2-3 more seasons, until Amos is ready to step up to be our #2. Too early to tell yet I know, just themfeeling I get.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I too think he will be itching to play 1st team football sooner rather than later.. Although I do think that SAF can give him quite a bit of playing time especially for the cup games..

krazyrobus

I know it's too soon to tell but I was really impressed with his overall keeping, especially his distribution with feet, it was good. Pity spending all that money on De Gea puts SAF in a situation where he is obligated to play De Gea whenever.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I know it's too soon to tell but I was really impressed with his overall keeping, especially his distribution with feet, it was good. Pity spending all that money on De Gea puts SAF in a situation where he is obligated to play De Gea whenever.
Like spending £30 mil on Berbatov put Sir Alex in a situation where he was obligated to play Berbatov whenever?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Obligated? De Gea is a much better keeper. Lindegaard is the Bendtner of goalkeepers.

krazyrobus

Like spending £30 mil on Berbatov put Sir Alex in a situation where he was obligated to play Berbatov whenever?
You think De Gea is not going to walk into #1 spot? The only thing that will remove him is colossal blunders. I'd actually like to see how Lindergaard performs in competition.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
yeh hopefully he will be given a fair shot, hes definatly not put a foot wrong..
but i wouldnt be suprised to see de gea number 1