Television Line Of Duty (BBC TV Series)

Nickosaur

Already confused. Was still entertaining though.

So Kate left AC12 after all the shit that happened last season? And suddenly her unit is the next on AC12s list? Convenient...

NinjaFletch

Already confused. Was still entertaining though.

So Kate left AC12 after all the shit that happened last season? And suddenly her unit is the next on AC12s list? Convenient...
scorned lover suspects Kate has stolen her gf so goes to AC12 knowing that the new woman will think Kate's an informer

AgentSmith

Normally the explosive scene at the start is the best part of the first episode. This was a subdued incorrect arrest.

Then we’ve had massive shifts in the dynamic that are never really explained with the only twist being the unexpected relationship angle between two characters we either don’t know or don’t care about.

Whole thing felt flat for me.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can someone remind me whose body was in that fridge again or did they find it. I’m sure the Down syndrome guy was in an earlier season where they hid a body in his fridge.

hobbers

Bit shit really. Wonder where it'll go from there.

Really can't stand Arnott, so much screen time for such a tedious character and actor.

Deery

Dreary
Can someone remind me whose body was in that fridge again or did they find it. I’m sure the Down syndrome guy was in an earlier season where they hid a body in his fridge.
It was the woman that got her throat cut in the first season and was found in the scrap yard in the last season.

0le

I enjoyed the episode but Arnott having a drug addiction just felt odd regarding his character and I also thought the relationship between Davidson and the cop informant lady (Farida?) just came out of the blue. I think they could have paced that better by instead starting the episode showing the two of them having a heated argument, breaking up and then maybe later in the episode Freida becomes the informant. That still makes you wonder what her motives are but the relationship doesn't come out of the blue in the episode.

Yeah I wasn't sure whether it was the same bloke or not. They should have had a flashback to remind viewers.

Dan_F

It was ok. Not sure where it’s going to go as I’m sure it won’t be as simple as the superintendent and Davidson (I think that’s the name) being bent.

Arnott as stiff as ever. Makes regular conversation so challenging for himself.
That scene in the car when he replies “that’s all anyone can ask for mate”.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That scene in the car when he replies “that’s all anyone can ask for mate”.
I don’t know why they make him do an English accent. Should’ve just let him be Scottish.

Moby

Dick
Decent first ep. Not really bothered by Arnott we all know what we are gonna get with him. Don't think I'm a big fan of the woman playing Davidson. She needs to up the heat during any future interrogations. I doubt she's corrupt but what the hell was spotting that armed robbery was about. Something definitely dodgy there.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Decent first ep. Not really bothered by Arnott we all know what we are gonna get with him. Don't think I'm a big fan of the woman playing Davidson. She needs to up the heat during any future interrogations. I doubt she's corrupt but what the hell was spotting that armed robbery was about. Something definitely dodgy there.
You should be in AC12 with nous like that.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Some of the acting was seriously dodgy there, especially Davidson's chief.

Still, wasn't this filmed entirely during Covid? Pretty impressive if so, though looking back you can see there's very few scenes with more than three or four people, it's a well suited show for it I guess. Pretty sure I saw a few stuntmen in the background with masks on?

Also Hastings is just taking the piss at this stage. "Will ya whist" :lol:

SuperiorXI

Kelly Macdonald annoys me.

Think it's because she played Margaret Schroder in Boardwalk Empire with the Cheeeldren and now I can't shake it.

GazTheLegend

Normally the explosive scene at the start is the best part of the first episode. This was a subdued incorrect arrest.

Then we’ve had massive shifts in the dynamic that are never really explained with the only twist being the unexpected relationship angle between two characters we either don’t know or don’t care about.

Whole thing felt flat for me.
Same.

Somehow the "big plot twist" felt a bit.... pathetic compared to earlier series. And the interview scene, well, they had to tread VERY carefully there for obvious reasons, to avoid the potential for memes or whatever.

Shit start, and maybe it's just a personal thing but I find Kelly McDonald immersion breaking as a high ranking police officer. I find her scenes quite difficult to watch for that reason. She simply isn't in the same stratosphere as Keeley Hawes as an actress, but I suppose very few people are.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Some of the acting was seriously dodgy there, especially Davidson's chief.

Still, wasn't this filmed entirely during Covid? Pretty impressive if so, though looking back you can see there's very few scenes with more than three or four people, it's a well suited show for it I guess. Pretty sure I saw a few stuntmen in the background with masks on?

Also Hastings is just taking the piss at this stage. "Will ya whist" :lol:
It's 'Houd yer wheest' or in Ulster it's more like 'Howld yer whist' - very well known and well used bit of Ulster-Scotch to this day in NI. The only issue I had with it was that he didn't say 'big lad' at the end of the sentence.

AgentSmith

Same.

Somehow the "big plot twist" felt a bit.... pathetic compared to earlier series. And the interview scene, well, they had to tread VERY carefully there for obvious reasons, to avoid the potential for memes or whatever.

Shit start, and maybe it's just a personal thing but I find Kelly McDonald immersion breaking as a high ranking police officer. I find her scenes quite difficult to watch for that reason. She simply isn't in the same stratosphere as Keeley Hawes as an actress, but I suppose very few people are.
I was convinced that the opening scene was going to result in the police raiding the flat then a bomb going off and killing them all with the bomb having been planted in the time wasted by stopping the armed robbery. Seemed the usual Line of Duty MO.

Kept going ‘and...BOOM’ about 6 times while they were doing the raid until my Mum told me to shut up.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Yeah, oddly low key start to the season, but then they’ve got progressively more and more outlandish since the 2nd season so I suppose I can’t really complain about them taking a less bombastic approach this time. Still, it didn’t feel particularly gripping, and I agree that MacDonald doesn’t seem to quite have the gravitas of the previous guest stars, but there’s enough dangling threads to keep me interested...

(though it didn’t help that the recap I decided to watch omitted anything about Jackie Laverty or the fridging stuff, and was also narrated by Philomena Cunk, so conspired to be both largely useless and tonally really jarring - and you don’t want to go into a new series of Line Of Duty unaware of the relevant things and half expecting a comedy voice over)

Last edited:

United Hobbit

Guy in flats doing surveillance theory

I think its Ryan, from the OCG who we saw joining the police at the end of the last season. It kept focusing on him just that second longer, and he looked similar

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
So I'm the only one that thinks she's dodgy then? My mates think she's innocent as well.

I'm more inclined to believe that she's related to the big boss that hired the caddy in the first place, who was also Scottish.

That lad with down syndrome we already know was terrorised by that little shit, who is now a copper, so it makes sense to me that she's been told to get a conviction.

acnumber9

Well that was dull as feck. Carrying on a steady downward trend from the peak of the third series. So far the new antagonist has been a complete charisma vacuum.

Deery

Dreary
I think the guy with Down syndrome is somehow Davidson’s brother and the OCG are blackmailing her into working for them.

AgentSmith

I think that idiot detective is gonna end up being H. Buckles or whatever the cnut’s name is.

Mercurio going for the maximum plot twist rather than a realistic one.

Nickosaur

Bit better tonight. Having that Ryan bloke from the ocg in the unit makes things a bit more interesting.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I think the guy with Down syndrome is somehow Davidson’s brother and the OCG are blackmailing her into working for them.
We saw a picture of Davidson and her mother in the first episode (where she threw a glass at the cabinet after looking at it), so I would assume the OCG are threatening her.

Deery

Dreary
We saw a picture of Davidson and her mother in the first episode (where she threw a glass at the cabinet after looking at it), so I would assume the OCG are threatening her.
Yeah the way she threw the glass makes you assume they could be estranged and it is her half brother or something. She let him off and then starred at him getting in the police car with a bit of a forlorn look about her.

United Hobbit

Ryan

was anyone else waiting for him to drive her off to be killed at the end?!
Tonight's was more like it, it feels like everything is coming full circle, almost like a final series but I don't think it is.

Deery

Dreary
Ryan

was anyone else waiting for him to drive her off to be killed at the end?!
Tonight's was more like it, it feels like everything is coming full circle, almost like a final series but I don't think it is.
Ryan would have been the one to cut the guy’s throat like he done to Corbett, he’s a bad little shit and someone at the hill will be working with him maybe not Davidson???

Bwuk

I reckon Kate is undercover and it’s being kept from Steve. His promotion was only temp because AC12 already have a DI in Fleming

I think that idiot detective is gonna end up being H. Buckles or whatever the cnut’s name is.

Mercurio going for the maximum plot twist rather than a realistic one.
he’s too stupid for that. A few golf pictures on the wall mind! :D

he’s also an awful actor. Looks like an extra, whose been given a couple of lines.

at least we are seeing something happen. Still think it’s incredibly spurious that they started the investigation based on then thinking the armed robbery could be set up.