Television Line Of Duty (BBC TV Series)

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Any chance it could be Tommy hunters daughter?
I think so. Last episode we saw Buckle holding a golf club in his office and he had golf clubs in his car, which to me is an obvious reference back to Hunter in Season 1 at the golf club and the caddy storyline?

Deery

Dreary
Was sad to see the lawyer go. It’s rare for a character in this to actually have consistently good dialogue.

Wasn’t the implication that the DNA match was to a police officer?
No they run it threw the entire database so it could be anybody, police or criminal.

AgentSmith

No they run it threw the entire database so it could be anybody, police or criminal.
Yeah you’re right, I went back and rewatched it. I always switch off when they start reciting the police jargon so I misheard that part.

I think your theory is a good one. Also like @Berbasbullet’s idea - links it back to series 1 so it brings the story full circle.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Was there not a whole thing with Hastings and a woman who died in Ireland or something. Could it not be her mother?

Whoever it is they’d have needed to have been in Jatri’s house.

Now I type that I realise it’s not possible because she’d be dead :lol:

United Hobbit

Speculation

I think Ryan killed Velor, even if on the command of someone else higher up, the way he had the gun to the back of Jo's head same way Velor was killed. Can't make Kate out, she's becoming VERY close to Jo... and tipping her off about Ryan when told not to...

Brophs

The One and Only
Speculation

I think Ryan killed Velor, even if on the command of someone else higher up, the way he had the gun to the back of Jo's head same way Velor was killed. Can't make Kate out, she's becoming VERY close to Jo... and tipping her off about Ryan when told not to...
Sometimes in the middle of a fraught investigation you need to explore the idea of lezzing off your boss to really crack the case wide open.

hobbers

Really picking up this season.

Are we assuming the relation alluded to at the end there was to
Hilton

Or maybe too obvious?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I think so. Last episode we saw Buckle holding a golf club in his office and he had golf clubs in his car, which to me is an obvious reference back to Hunter in Season 1 at the golf club and the caddy storyline?
Yep, my first thought was Tommy Hunter or Dot. Wouldn't be surprised if it was Corbett either.

Definitely think there's a chance that Ryan killed the journo. Would make sense since we saw him with Terry in previous episodes, and the pistol to the back of Jo's head seemed like a potential hint

Heardy

I think the same thing. I think she is H or the person she works with is, or they both are. If you're H what's the perfect way to stay hidden... get rid of the team that investigates anti corruption until they're too short staffed to have the man power to investigate anti corruption properly
Speculation re Chloe

I think she's bent. I know she was upset, but her saying I can't get up, conveniently the other officer then went up instead rather than Chloe get a leg up, putting her in the line of fire from the Sniper. What a shot Steve is with that pistol!
The fact Arnott made the point that the DNA match from other systems suggests the person Jo is related to isn’t a copper...

Player Red

Yeh I found that so dumb as well. I get that he probably thinks witness protection won’t save him from the OCG but surely he knew that he’d be killed the moment he went back to prison - the reasoning that he hopes they would assume he hadn’t talked was so weak. Why on earth would they take the chance.
Yeah, they have just made a massive effort to try and kill you. Why would they let you live on the off-chance you haven't said anything.

Oggmonster

Hasting’s Mother of God line was immaculately delivered.

The actor who plays Buckles is terrible.

Yeah he's really bad. They got pretty lucky with the guy who plays Ryan considering he was in it since a kid as he's one of the better actors in it I think.

I've enjoyed it so far, the writing isn't great I know but it is enjoyable TV still and a big improvement on last year.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I think Chloe is bent. She could have easily got on that van, was her appearing then disappearing a signal to the sniper? Plus, he only appeared when the woman got on the van (I think) so if Chloe knew he was going to be there she wouldn't want to be on the line of fire... interesting theory re lying guy from episode one I'm on a line of duty fb group and a lot of theories include him. I'll have to watch again re Chloe's body language, did they want Steve out the way?
There's a theory doing the rounds she's Gates' (the cop from series one) daughter.

acnumber9

There's a theory doing the rounds she's Gates' (the cop from series one) daughter.
That’s a particularly dumb theory.

Edit: Just realised you weren’t referring to Kelly McDonald. Whoops.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I reckon Davidson is a direct descendant of Adolf Hitler. What a twist!

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Buckles pouring the milk just before Neil Godwin gets killed was Brandoesque :lol:

United Hobbit

I've seen that one too, I'm not sure but definitely think she's bent. Also apparently she was wearing a bright coloured coat yesterday during the convoy (didn't spot that need to rewatch) surely she'd be in police gear like the rest, Steve was even though he's usually plain clothes so why did she have a coat on? So she stood out not to shoot??

Moby

Dick
I've seen that one too, I'm not sure but definitely think she's bent. Also apparently she was wearing a bright coloured coat yesterday during the convoy (didn't spot that need to rewatch) surely she'd be in police gear like the rest, Steve was even though he's usually plain clothes so why did she have a coat on? So she stood out not to shoot??
Time to merge this thread with the tin foil one.

PoTMS

I reckon it's Tommy Hunter. Are we sure he's even dead, he was burnt to a crisp and wrapped up in bandages laying in hospital last time we saw him. Whose to say it wasn't someone else that was killed in the hospital?