Television Line Of Duty (BBC TV Series)

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Rubbish.

But, I don't see how it can be him when he got threatened in prison when they killed that informant? There has to be somebody above him, unless it's just supposed to be presumed that the OCGs sent it him as a warning, even though he's the ringleader.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What an absolute turd :lol:

I don’t want another season of this nonsense

arnie_ni

Surely he isn't clever enough he's a bit of a bumbling fool.... all this build up for the 4th man, suggested they are someone clever and not a bumbling fool... Surely they make another one?

it kept hinting at Osborne, which would make more sense.
Yea that last bit about him replacing all the anti corruption officers.

Still think it's him.

And they threatened buckles in jail... "this is what happens rats". I think he's just saying it's him when it really wasn't.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
First season watching and it's pretty crap. The issue with Kate and Jo, mentioned above in spoilers, is mind boggling. When you start to think maybe there's some super clever twist coming to explain it, you know you're going to be left disappointed and realise it's just horse shit.

Seriously, why the hell does Kate trust Jo enough to drive off with her? She literally would have been dead if Jo got her way. Now she's giving her the benefit of the doubt!? We're the writers on fecking drugs when they wrote this?
Fecking called it.

United Hobbit

It's still all pointing to

grey haired lady. Even Carmichael being so keen to dismiss Ted's claims and the no anti corruption in police. Anyone else think Ted cut the interview off when Buckles was about to say whether it was all him or someone above him?

AgentSmith

I think that idiot detective is gonna end up being H. Buckles or whatever the cnut’s name is.

Mercurio going for the maximum plot twist rather than a realistic one.
Mercurio is the real villain for subjecting us to that shite.

That shot at the end of Hastings, Steve, and Kate going down in the lift perfectly captured how much the show’s gone downhill.

United Hobbit

Yea that last bit about him replacing all the anti corruption officers.

Still think it's him.

And they threatened buckles in jail... "this is what happens rats". I think he's just saying it's him when it really wasn't.
or it's grey haired lady, isn't the absolute denial of anti corruption etc that Carmichael does, a message she's put out before? Also was it me or did it seem like Buckles was about to talk at the end about who was controlling him, and Ted cut short the interview?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
It's still all pointing to

grey haired lady. Even Carmichael being so keen to dismiss Ted's claims and the no anti corruption in police. Anyone else think Ted cut the interview off when Buckles was about to say whether it was all him or someone above him?
It’s over man. It’s Osbourne, they basically said as much without explicitly saying it. The final scenes were basically saying “Police corruption gets covered up because they’re in control”.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Mercurio is the real villain for subjecting us to that shite.

That shot at the end of the Hastings, Steve, and Kate going down in the lift perfectly captured how much the show’s gone downhill.
Looked like they were in the Tardis.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I got the feeling Hastings was essentially testing Carmichael to see if she’d report him. I could easily see them using that to drag it out for another season or two. Was hardly satisfying.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I got the feeling Hastings was essentially testing Carmichael to see if she’d report him. I could easily see them using that to drag it out for another season or two. Was hardly satisfying.
Think that was just wrapping up Hasting’s thread. He hated bent coppers so he did the right thing.

Guy Incognito

It peaked with Lindsay Denton.

Didn't expect any great revalations so not disappointed. Still, funny reading all these convoluted theories and the 'fourth man' had been staring at us in the face for weeks.

lsd

The Oracle
It does fit with Carmichael's arc like it or not she is not bent but she is just doing what she can to rise up the ranks without rocking the boat and destroying the system. She is probably using AC12 to catch the odd dirty cop and nothing organised then get another promotion and move on.

United Hobbit

Who signed off for Jo to leave the prison?

it can't be Buckles as he was locked up?

Guy Incognito

It does fit with Carmichael's arc like it or not she is not bent but she is just doing what she can to rise up the ranks without rocking the boat and destroying the system. She is probably using AC12 to catch the odd dirty cop and nothing organised then get another promotion and move on.
Which in turn leads to the weakening/demise of AC12.

She'll do nothing while sitting on that info Ted gave her.

TheGame

I don’t think they revealed he was H did they? It definitely felt like a penultimate episode but I can understand the twist with people thinking Buckells was thick but is now behind it however it has gone down like a lead balloon.

Think they need one more extended season to finish it off.

Moby

Dick
Which in turn leads to the weakening/demise of AC12.

She'll do nothing while sitting on that info Ted gave her.
That's how it happens in most corrupt institutions everywhere. A lot of it is down to people not necessarily corrupt themselves but willing to turn a blind eye and not get their hands dirty.

That's how it happens in most corrupt institutions everywhere. A lot of it is down to people not necessarily corrupt themselves but willing to turn a blind eye and not get their hands dirty.
most people who get promoted in these types of organisation, add the entire civil service to this as well - do so because of longevity, being the grey man/woman and not getting into trouble.

it’s why every council / govt institution / NHS / police service is full of incompetent people who won’t ever make a decision. Better to sit on the fence and do nothing than risk being wrong or upsetting someone.