Television Line Of Duty (BBC TV Series)

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Even if it does turn out that Roz is in the pay of a crime syndicate, we’re still dealing with something very different here: Tony Gates was blackmailed into his crimes; Lindsay Denton did wrong out of good intentions; Danny Waldron acted in a split-second because of past trauma; Dot Cottan was sucked in far too young; but Roz Huntley would have been like this regardless and that suppurating, necrotising wound was only an outward manifestation of all the ugliness within.
I like that bit. I think it became apparent in episode 5 that Roz is just a complete sociopath with no redeeming qualities, a far cry from the past villains who tended to at least be somewhat empathetic. I'm going into the finale really wanting her to get fecked up.

The whole "losing the hand" part was all a bit weak though, I mean, she lost her fecking hand and was out of hospital two days later, with the biggest reactions being "oh you were in for surgery and lost your arm, shit one, hey about this case..."

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
This is the first series I've watched so I feel like I'm missing out on references to past ones in that ep, was great though.

Also a good reminder not to put of going to the doctors.

TheReligion

Abusive
Getting a bit rushed now.

Why didn't AC 12 bring in Roz when she arrested her husband? To think she'd have any involvement in all this by now is stupid.

Ubik

That was fairly intense. Felt like an episode of Castle at the end. "WHO IS THE TOP DOG?!" "YOU'LL NEVER GET THEM THEY'RE TOO BIG!"

Will go back and watch the earlier ones now though.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I actually believed that Top Cat was the leader of the gang.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Next season is going to be all about Hastings. Setting him up to be the real H.

He took that head shot far too quickly. It was a risky shot that no policeman would ever take. He wanted that balaclava man dead because he feared he recognised him.

Classical Mechanic

Next season is going to be all about Hastings. Setting him up to be the real H.

He took that head shot far too quickly. It was a risky shot that no policeman would ever take. He wanted that balaclava man dead because he feared he recognised him.
Good point. Can a copper even make that shot? Get is slightly wrong and the hostage is dead.

Ubik

I'm not sure that tells us much, the BM had already shot someone and was no doubt willing to do it again. It all seemed pretty clear pointing to Hilton.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Good point. Can a copper even make that shot? Get is slightly wrong and the hostage is dead.
Exactly. I was watching with my girlfriend and we both cheered it at the time but when he asked to have his photo taken down and they both gave awkward looks to each other, then the lingering final shot as he watched them with a real look of "I'm going to have to watch you two" on his face, it's clear he's the next villain and I couldn't help but think back to that shot he took.

It's something to do with the masons, I doubt he's been involved in the actual crimes, I think he's had to cover up for high up people though and knows it can be used against him.

Ubik

Oh shit I forgot about the Masons. Also went back and rewatched that final shot and yeah he does look shifty as feck.

Ubik

One thing I didn't get - what were the motives for the murders of the women?

Ubik

Wasn't he trying to escape by using a hostage?
He was but he shot a police marksman that had a headshot on him.

Thinking about it, surely the riskiness of the shot would've made him less likely to take it had he been afraid of the guy surviving? Would've thought his play in that scenario would be to get his guys to hold fire (using the excuse of the hostage), let him escape then catch up with him later.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
One thing I didn't get - what were the motives for the murders of the women?
From what I can remember it's something linked to the sex crimes that have been mentioned in previous series. Someone high up is guilty of crimes against young women, the balaclava men were carrying out similar crimes so they could frame Michael Farmer and lean on Roz to convict him. That way the real criminal would be clear with someone else doing time for him.

Ubik

From what I can remember it's something linked to the sex crimes that have been mentioned in previous series. Someone high up is guilty of crimes against young women, the balaclava men were carrying out similar crimes so they could frame Michael Farmer and lean on Roz to convict him. That way the real criminal would be clear with someone else doing time for him.
Aha this makes sense. Gonna have to get on those earlier series.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I bet Arnott has to investigate his ex in the next series.
Good. The more his ex is in it the better. I'm just a little bit in love with her.

Zen

It's gone insane, but that was obvious from the first episode this year. Just so much stuff looked over, ignored, and just overall shoddy writing in terms of anything really.....cheap thrills mostly.

I wouldn't worry about missing out on past references, because the way they ended, what they are hinting at being the overall big reveal, legitimately makes no sense whatsoever outside of this season/past 2 episodes really....it's more or less a retcon really to allow them to build on it's massive popularity this year with a massive reveal/cliffhanger going into next year.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
It's gone insane, but that was obvious from the first episode this year. Just so much stuff looked over, ignored, and just overall shoddy writing in terms of anything really.....cheap thrills mostly.

I wouldn't worry about missing out on past references, because the way they ended, what they are hinting at being the overall big reveal, legitimately makes no sense whatsoever outside of this season/past 2 episodes really....it's more or less a retcon really to allow them to build on it's massive popularity this year with a massive reveal/cliffhanger going into next year.
Good for you

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Fully caught up with this, what a show.

They should just do a spin off where we see Hasting's interviewing people. Them scenes are class :lol:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Fully caught up with this, what a show.

They should just do a spin off where we see Hasting's interviewing people. Them scenes are class :lol:
Good man. The single shot interview scenes are so technically good though I imagine they are lost on most of the audience.

Not sure on season 5 but I know the creators are also working on a series called Bodyguard, which focuses on those who protect royals, celebs etc.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Also, for those of you looking for something else, No Offense from Channel 4 is great. 2 seasons available on demand on 4OD/Sky.

Grib

Good man. The single shot interview scenes are so technically good though I imagine they are lost on most of the audience.

Not sure on season 5 but I know the creators are also working on a series called Bodyguard, which focuses on those who protect royals, celebs etc.
Went to a pre screening of the last series and I'm pretty sure they said there'd be a fifth and the writers would keep going as long as they came up with good ideas, or they'll not work on one unless they feel it's good

Member 115509

This new series and still another to come yet, next year I'm guessing. Always one of the best shows on TV.

Ubik

The eternal question:

What if Ted's bent?

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Looks spot on. Hopefully not a let down like Luther.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The eternal question:

What if Ted's bent?
See my earlier posts. I think they’re setting him up to be the villain but it feels a little too obvious. I don’t think he’s actually a criminal but he’s somehow become implicated and leveraged. I think he will end up coming out as the good guy via some form of sacrifice or retribution.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
See my earlier posts. I think they’re setting him up to be the villain but it feels a little too obvious. I don’t think he’s actually a criminal but he’s somehow become implicated and leveraged. I think he will end up coming out as the good guy via some form of sacrifice or retribution.
@Ubik is entitled to be spoken to by a member of redcafe at least one rank superior.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
@Ubik is entitled to be spoken to by a member of redcafe at least one rank superior.
@esmufc07 can you tell this to @Ubik please?

“See my earlier posts. I think they’re setting him up to be the villain but it feels a little too obvious. I don’t think he’s actually a criminal but he’s somehow become implicated and leveraged. I think he will end up coming out as the good guy via some form of sacrifice or retribution.”