Television Line Of Duty (BBC TV Series)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I reckon it’s gonna be your man from men behaving badly. He will throw away his stick like Kevin spacey in the usual suspect

Red_Aaron

I reckon H is the lawyery bird, the one who's been trying to bang Hastings. She had some secret chats with the caddy last season and she knows Ted's haunts and hotel location to set up the bribe via the ex copper

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I reckon Glaston is H. I've no evidence...but arrest him anyway.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I reckon H is the lawyery bird, the one who's been trying to bang Hastings. She had some secret chats with the caddy last season and she knows Ted's haunts and hotel location to set up the bribe via the ex copper
Yeah I reckon. Only been watching this season and she's obviously a wrong un.

Also Hastings is the worst actor in the world. You could get the same performance from two eyes in a jar.

SteveJ

Scout
Not to mention Vicky McClure, whose ridiculous stares suggest she's either a) a poor actress, or b) mugging because she considers the material beneath her.

SteveJ

Scout
India's probably out of our jurisdiction.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Caftard Glastonspur has the right to be question by a user at least one rank his superior.
Mother of god, you're damn right fella. In this forum we do things to the letter of the law. THE LETTER.

Riz

I think it’s Kate. It’s obviously not gunna be Hastings and anyone else wouldn’t have the same dramatic hand to mouth moment that Line of Duty thrives on. Don’t see how it could be Arnott, I just think Kate has contributed nothing this season apart from some scenes of her homelife being somewhat disrupted.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Me and the missus are having a LoD takeaway night. For the purpose of the DIR that’s 2 Thai green curries

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
That was such a shit reveal :lol:

Talk about a bait and switch, and then going all infernal affairs.

Cpt Negative

Thought that was quite underwhelming in the end.

Lacked the drama and suspense of previous episodes. Played it too safe to drag out another season

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The Morse code thing meaning 4 corrupt officers was such a stretch and plot contrivance. Clearly Mercurio doesn't have a clue how to handle the whole H plotline and bottled it.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Cant see it being Kate or Arnott. It's supposed to be someone high up the chain isn't it?

Ubik

The Morse code thing meaning 4 corrupt officers was such a stretch and plot contrivance. Clearly Mercurio doesn't have a clue how to handle the whole H plotline and bottled it.
"Tune in tonight to find out who H is!"
"Yeah okay!"
"Plot twist, THERE WAS NO H ALL ALONG!"
"Oh."
"But tune in next year to find out who the final corrupt police officer definately not called H is!"

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sure that was very odd. He seemed to sign more than 4 dots as well, but anyway found that part really confusing

Fluctuation0161

"Tune in tonight to find out who H is!"
"Yeah okay!"
"Plot twist, THERE WAS NO H ALL ALONG!"
"Oh."
"But tune in next year to find out who the final corrupt police officer definately not called H is!"
Ha ha! Too true. Poor ending for this season I thought

Riz

Sure that was very odd. He seemed to sign more than 4 dots as well, but anyway found that part really confusing
Very confusing. Bit of a “cop” out as well from the whole H storyline.

Thought that was a very underwhelming ending. The find-out-next-season cliff hanger is quite tired now.

Ubik

Just went back and looked at Dot's dying declaration as originally shown in series 4, the fecker's hand is obscured by Kate almost the entire time and it never moves whenever you do see it!

NinjaFletch

Just went back and looked at Dot's dying declaration as originally shown in series 4, the fecker's hand is obscured by Kate almost the entire time and it never moves whenever you do see it!
The entire dying declaration thing was retconned in anyway wasn't it?

And as for the 'four dots' logic: what unifies Hilton, Cotton, and Biggeloe that does not also unify the plethora of other bent policemen and women we have seen throughout the show?

Ubik

The entire dying declaration thing was retconned in anyway wasn't it?

And as for the 'four dots' logic: what unifies Hilton, Cotton, and Biggeloe that does not also unify the plethora of other bent policemen and women we have seen throughout the show?
Yeah, at the end of series 3 we just see him speaking to Kate's phone before it cuts away, then in series 4 they show the whole blinking thing. I could just about take that, even if it was a little absurd. This was just so lazy though.

Having said that, I did think Ted was great this episode. Do the revelations mean that whenever we saw him hurriedly closing his laptop this series, he'd been browsing in an incognito tab?

NinjaFletch

Yeah, at the end of series 3 we just see him speaking to Kate's phone before it cuts away, then in series 4 they show the whole blinking thing. I could just about take that, even if it was a little absurd. This was just so lazy though.

Having said that, I did think Ted was great this episode. Do the revelations mean that whenever we saw him hurriedly closing his laptop this series, he'd been browsing in an incognito tab?
Must have been some fecking dodgy shite. The post wank remorse has definitely set in for me before, but never have I had to wipe my hard drive because of it.