Television Line Of Duty (BBC TV Series)

Bwuk

There isn’t a H.

Buckles was just doing what he was told too by Osbourne.

Deery

Dreary
Didn’t wait 6 years for fecking Buckells feck you...

United Hobbit

The trailer for the new series HMS Vigil looks decent, hopes it'll be on 9pm Sundays

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That was fecking atrocious. The reveal of Buckles is bad enough but the acting and dialogue in this episode was fecking shite.

The mate mate mate pub scene - the feck?

The scene where they found out it was Buckles started like it was a comic relief special and then ended in Ted almost crying.

The end elevator scene was clearly made by an intern who had just figured out how to use basic cgi.

Wank.

That was fecking atrocious. The reveal of Buckles is bad enough but the acting and dialogue in this episode was fecking shite.

The scene where they found out it was Buckles started like it was a comic relief special and then ended in Ted almost crying.

The end elevator scene was clearly made by an intern who had just figured out how to use basic cgi.

Wank.
im sure the mate but just be the writers taking the piss? It’s so bloody bad.

it’s a bizarre show - I enjoy it, but so much of it is complete shite, I’m amazed it got so big.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Cor that was really bad. Worst episode of any season of the show.

Guy Incognito

Wank.
:D :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They didn't reveal why they killed Gail Vella, did they?
Yeah multiple times. She was investigating a historic murder case that involved corruption relating to the officers in charge at the time. Buckles and the current chief.

hobbers

Feck me what a trainwreck of an ending.

The curse of long running tv series strikes again.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I think Mercurio really overestimated how much we all loved plucky ‘ol Jo Davidson....She basically admitted to being bent her entire life, but just cried enough until they have her a huge cottage and a dog. Hooray!!??

Look... The thing people need to realise about LoD, is it wasn’t ever supposed to get as big and popular as it did, and by the time it did, all the actually really good stuff had already happened. It was just this low key little corruption show with a couple of actors you might recognise but probably not name, that was great for 2-3 seasons, and then inexplicably got huge, became a weird national obsession, and suddenly felt it had to create a complex web of intrigue whilst also becoming Sherlock...but after it had already killed off all the good characters

Last edited:
Thanks, I can see them expanding on this in the next season if they carry on.
Does anyone think it will carry on?

on the plus side, the show has never been so big. But now it would need a complete reset, and put to bed the OCG storyline.

I think that’s it.

Deery

Dreary
I think Mercurio really overestimated how much we all loved plucky ‘ol Jo Davidson....she basically admitted to being bent her entire life, but just cried enough until they have her a huge cottage and a dog.

Look... The thing people need to realise about LoD, is it wasn’t ever supposed to get as big and popular as it did, and by the time it did, all the actually really good stuff had already happened. It was just this low key little corruption show with a couple of actors you might recognise but probably not name, that was great for 2-3 seasons, and then inexplicably got huge, became a weird national obsession, and suddenly felt it had to create a complex web of intrigue whilst also becoming Sherlock...but after it had already killed off all the good characters
You can say that but they had multiple chances to end it a lot better than they did, some of the fan fiction alone is miles better than that shite they served up.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Can’t believe they haven’t revealed why Steve used the acronym GSW, when saying gunshot wound is less syllables.

hobbers

I think Mercurio really overestimated how much we all loved plucky ‘ol Jo Davidson....she basically admitted to being bent her entire life, but just cried enough until they have her a huge cottage and a dog.
Moral of the story - being bent and trying to get fellow police officers killed is absolutely fine so long as you had an unlucky upbringing and can cry on demand.

Massive detached cottage plus dog plus photogenic girlfriend apparently all included in the witness protection program.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
You can say that but they had multiple chances to end it a lot better than they did, some of the fan fiction alone is miles better than that shite they served up.
Oh absolutely. They should’ve ended the H stuff at the end of season 3 really. Then started a completely new thread with the Roz Huntley stuff. No one of any interest was really revealed in the last few seasons.. Who really gave a feck about the flirty lawyer or Neil from the office?

Last edited:

SirAnderson

Realistic ending. Corruption never ends.
This is what I felt.
Everyone was waiting for this crazy reveal, but I actually am happy with the ending.

The whole point comes back to institutionalized corruption that made someone like Buckles rise in the ranks. You had different corrupt officers doing it for different reasons, and in the end, Buckles was the most simplest. For me, institutionalized corruption is the real "H" or the "Fourth Man" really, Ian just benefited from it.

That being said, I had that that smug Carmichael doesn't get egg on her face or that Osbourne isn't dragged in like the rest of the lot to face the infamous AC-12 interrogation, would have been nice but I am fine with how it has ended.

Deery

Dreary
Now that I am unwinding and thinking back on the show in a serious sense, all I can think of is Buckles, I mean really it’s the equivalent of bringing Mr Blobby in as H. Such a let down..

As somebody said it’s like a comic relief special it’s beyond words how bad that ending was...

Brophs

The One and Only
Jo’s character was clearly in an abusive relationship with the writers of LoD. One week they’re telling her that her uncle raw dogged her mum and is also her dad and the next they’re all like “Oh, I’m sorry I hurt you, baby. Here’s a beautiful country house with a dog and a ginger live in lezzie lover.”

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Load of horseshit. Said it in the last episode but this show has jumped the shark. Worse than season 8 GOT finale.