Lingard, Mata and Pereira

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Lingard and Andreas are stealing wages. They should be nowhere near this club. Mata does need replacement, but i wouldn't put him in the same category as the other two.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Holy trinity. When one of them starts, they drag the team down. When all 3 of them stats it's just unreal football experience.

OT1214

Thought Mata linked quite well with Bruno. I’d like to know what’s going on in Pereira’s head when he has the ball. There were a couple of occasions last night when he carried the ball unnecessary to the touchline under no pressure and then conceded a throw in by losing possession. Pretty sure it happened in few other games as well. Its like he thinks he can do tricks but ends up being tricked by himself. The less said about Lingard, the better.

jackal&hyde

To be fair, he won a fair few free kicks today moving away from players, and at one point even out muscled one of their fellas.

He is slow and sleight but it gets massively over stated on here. Hell he literally scored a goal running from the half way line only a few weeks ago.
Yeah he's getting way to much stick. He can be a quality player in games where we have a lot of possession and players that make good runs. He doesn't have it in him anymore to do things by himself but with Martial, Rashford and Bruno in the team he would be 10 times more useful then with Lingard and Pereira that are hiding from passes.

The other two are not good enough though Pereira has the talent and still has half a chance to improve.

Aarron Swift

Lingard and Andreas are appalling, Juan is very past it but still has the quality that means he could at least do something...it’s just a lot rarer than it used to be.

In the summer however, because there’s only so much you can do each window and not everything can be addressed in 1 window. Pogba & Matic are both likely to leave in summer meaning United need to sign at least 2 centre midfielders. I’d also argue a Right winger is needed. Whether we like it or not, it looks as if United operate on 3 signings per summer window. For me these would be 2 Centre Mids & 1 Right Winger (figures crossed Sancho).

In terms of selling of Lingard, Andreas & Juan. I’d sell Lingard this summer for hopefully around £20m. And keep Juan & Andreas for next season, selling both and dares sing that issue next summer.

It’s not a great scenario, none of us like Andreas on the pitch, and Mata 90% of the time but you have to plan a squad change, keeping squad numbers and options up. Selling all 3 in one window would leave us either very short CM, CAM and occasionally RW or would mean United need something like 3CM’s, 1CM in 1 window.......meaning RW & ST positions have to be ignored

United58

Lingard and Andreas are appalling, Juan is very past it but still has the quality that means he could at least do something...it’s just a lot rarer than it used to be.

In the summer however, because there’s only so much you can do each window and not everything can be addressed in 1 window. Pogba & Matic are both likely to leave in summer meaning United need to sign at least 2 centre midfielders. I’d also argue a Right winger is needed. Whether we like it or not, it looks as if United operate on 3 signings per summer window. For me these would be 2 Centre Mids & 1 Right Winger (figures crossed Sancho).

In terms of selling of Lingard, Andreas & Juan. I’d sell Lingard this summer for hopefully around £20m. And keep Juan & Andreas for next season, selling both and dares sing that issue next summer.

It’s not a great scenario, none of us like Andreas on the pitch, and Mata 90% of the time but you have to plan a squad change, keeping squad numbers and options up. Selling all 3 in one window would leave us either very short CM, CAM and occasionally RW or would mean United need something like 3CM’s, 1CM in 1 window.......meaning RW & ST positions have to be ignored
Good point, sadly.

Although if we get a lot of cash for Pogba, the Glazers might invest a bit more, seeing as we'll have been out of the CL 2 years straight.

Garner will be a year older too, really hope he makes it

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Add Lindelof to that list. Does as little as a defender as these guys do in midfield.

Art

Art the artist
Once we get another AM this summer like Grealish/ Maddison I don't think lingard and andreas will ever get a game here.

RedIan

Ive always liked Mata, yes hes slow but hes a real footballer. If he had pace he would have been an awesome player. Happy for him to stay and play cameo games. Lingard and pereria need to move on.