Lingard, Mata and Pereira

Cathy Ferguson

Pereira is our weakest link by far, I hope Pogba can take his role when he is back. Why did we not sign a better player than Pereira during the summer? Incompetence or no money available?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Badly need a new ten or perhaps move Pogba up there when he returns.

Sell Lingarrd and Mata. Make Andreas a squad player.

NinjaFletch

I can't honestly understand why we're playing a formation with a 10 in when these are our options.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Pereira shouldn't be near the team. He's so, so bad.

AFC NimbleThumb

I can't honestly understand why we're playing a formation with a 10 in when these are our options.
/This.

Whilst the players are crap why would a manager persist with a formation that asks you to shoehorn one of three midfielders who are not up to standard.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Can we just get James Maddison right now? What a shocking option in no 10 we have here. No quality at all.

AshRK

3 junks who should not be here but Ole loves them. I would take Lukaku with his donkey touch over these three clowns.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
2 of them got fresh deals under new manager and other consistently gets minutes. Obviously though, nothing is ever Oles' fault :lol:

Ace of Spades

We don't have a holding mid either. At least with a two man midfield, it provides a better base. Need a better 10, there were so much space for Periera today, and he always chose the wrong option.

King Andow

2 assists (Pereira vs Chelsea at home, Lingard vs Rochdale at home) and 0 goals between them all season. Mata has played 503 minutes, Lingard 635 and Pereira 780 (Transfermarkt). And I don't remember the last big chance they've created. Get rid.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Pereira is decent screening the midfield against attacking teams. He works hard, has plenty of energy and sometimes he seems to be a quick thinker too. Against a defensively organised team he offers very little going forward as we saw today, numerous attempted through balls with either too much or too little weight on them.

Lingard seems to be the one player who has regressed massively under Ole. He may be buying into his own hype, but he really should be a much more reliable performer given his age and experience.

Mata at this point is just a luxury player. We can't field him if we're pressing, there is no point.

AneRu

Utter trash the trio of them and to think we insist on playing a formation that makes them central to our play. Should have continued with a 3-4-3 with James - Martial - Rashford uptop and the suitability of this formation is that it allows us to play two in midfield and carry Garner as one of the two who is a good passer.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The holy shit trinity.
How Lingard,Mata and Pereira,a guy who was insanely hyped up in the reserves, are making a living at United is laughable really.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
They're shit, and I knew they were going to be playing, especially if James wasn't working out, but he is so no reason these guys should play every game. Where is Pogba when you need him?

lex talionis

Between those three, Pereira is by far our best option. JLingz is an abomination of a footballer and the legs of Mata, who should be out on the porch with Matic regaling their glory days with a redbone coonhound at their feet, are shot.

But when Pogba returns (assuming we're not selling him in January), we should install Pogba at 10 -- if we're going to persist with the 4231 and trust Fred and McTominary to get the job done.

Bestietom

Surely the youngsters deserve to take these guys places in the squad. It's like we are handicapped straight away when any of these are playing. Lingard, Mata, Pereira, are not good enough for here.
Then we have Fred, Matic, Young, and Lindelof, who could be shipped out also.

Red00012

Is there anything to be said for Greenwood playing as a number 10. He can’t be any less productive as these 3.

Red00012

Surely the youngsters deserve to take these guys places in the squad. It's like we are handicapped straight away when any of these are playing. Lingard, Mata, Pereira, are not good enough for here.
Then we have Fred, Matic, Young, and Lindelof, who could be shipped out also.
We’ve already shipped out Fellaini , Herrera and Lukaku to be replaced by youngsters. It hasn’t really worked wonders now has it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Becasue we spent 80 mil on an average defender
Goodness knows what you think about 95% of premier league defenders if Maguire is average.

Or Lindelof. On your scale he must be shockingly poor

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Do we even need to play a formation involving a 10 ?
Cant we just play a 4-4-2 formation ?
----------------DDG--------------
AWB-----Axel--------Maguire---Shaw
James----Mctomminy--Pogba--Rashford
-------Greenwood----Martial-------

Not amazing by any stretch of the imagination but it looks balanced and,dare say,basic and potentially effective.

Last edited:

Bestietom

We’ve already shipped out Fellaini , Herrera and Lukaku to be replaced by youngsters. It hasn’t really worked wonders now has it.
What Youngsters have replaced these players. Playing a few minutes here and there is not replacing. And as long as Rashford and Martial are fit, Greenwood will never get his chance with a run of games. Garner or Gomes are not trusted yet so we will continue playing Mata, Lingard, and Pereira who are just not good enough.

Pughnichi

Mata has been garbage for a long time. The fact he is Spanish means people seem to believe he is a creative little #10 with an eye for a pass but in reality he is a very conservative, cowardly, “safe” player who usually goes backwards and sideways

Lingard is rubbish and but for pure luck and circumstance could be playing for Rochdale and not standing out

Pereira has some technical attributes under certain circumstances but very little else

I’d go back to the 4-3-3 with Pogba as your “spare” in midfield
Entirely agree
Madness we don’t
Don’t understand the obsession with a 10
433 double pivot with 1 holding
Gives us 5 to attack instead we have just 4

Mr.Plow

I love Juan but he's never been the same player since he got injured in Mou's first season.

How on earth have we not thought to upgrade him and Lingard for 3 years now? fecking joke. Solskjaer doesn't even rate Mata, I'm pretty sure the club gave him and option just to avoid replacing him.

Pughnichi

I got their Opta stats (green background) for premiership games and added in Angel Gomes' Europa game. Then I wrote a formula (see Aggregate column). Gomes has a positive Aggregate = 40 (which is excellent in comparison to other players). The terrible 3 have negative Aggregates of -4, -5, and -11. Also added the average of the MEN ratings (2nd column).
just 1 game Gomes has more key passes and dribbles and been fouled more times.

crazy to think why he ain’t getting more time

Bestietom

just 1 game Gomes has more key passes and dribbles and been fouled more times.

crazy to think why he ain’t getting more time
Where is he lately. He should be given more game time in front of Mata, Lingard, and Pereira.

BestRed

The last thing this team needs is no.10 who cannot even do simple passes and control the ball like a professional footballer should. And apparently this club has 3 of them.
Not saying the 3 we have are the answer, but the thoughts of that lazy-arsed sulk moping about the pitch would be very hard to watch.