Lingard signs new £100k 4 year contract (Sky) | Official: Option to extend for a further year

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanClancy

100k a week for Lingard, wow. The idiocy at the club is still ongoing. 60k a weeks is about right for him and I don't see any other club out there who would given him more than that.

Jig1234

Embarassing. Trebled his wages. Has not done anything to warrant that! 100k he doesn't even start every game. Doubt Mane gets anything close to that at LFC.

Terrible precedent being set by the club. Rewarding people for being below average. Only a few players deserve such wages. When you reward them for being average why should we expect their performance to improve.

Hojoon

We've got a bunch of high earning players leaving soon so I'm guessing the club really wants to spend some money.

Zoo

England international. Best years to come. Good news.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
100k a week for Lingard, wow. The idiocy at the club is still ongoing. 60k a weeks is about right for him and I don't see any other club out there who would given him more than that.
Welcome to 2017. What's the weather like in 2009?

PhilMcD79

Jesus wept £100K per week for Lingard. So as long as you have two legs and are willing to run around a bit you can earn a fortune in todays game.

Eli Zee

i like lingard... he's one of the few players on the pitch in the last few games that actually looks like he's working hard to create something and get us that W. i haven't paid attention to him defensively as much as i do when he's on the ball... but when he's on the ball i like that he tries to make something happen rather than go for the simple pass back or to the side.

Nick.

He is not of the standard to be worth these kind of wages.

Shame on us.

flappyjay

The club said no and his agent said but he plays more games than young who is on more than that . Christ if we ever decide to offload him it's going to be impossible

NinjaFletch

This just isn't true though is it. No other club in the league is paying their squad players this sort of money.

I'm sceptical we are either, mind, but this is still a crazy amount of money to be paying him.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I like Lingard but that looks too much. I am not an expert, but I doubt any club would offer him close to 100k. But who knows if that figure is correct, that's maybe with bonuses.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
£100k a week for a player who isn't partucularly good at anything....shocking!

red4ever 79

Speechless. Lingard worth 100k p/w. Fair play to the lad if his agent has managed to negotiate that kind of deal, but my god, no wonder our club is performing to the s*ite standard we have seen the past few years

Manny

Grammar Police
I could have swore he signed a 100k a week deal six months ago. And everyone kicked off then as well...

Unmutual

Happy to keep him. There's an outside chance he'll develop into a first teamer, but more likely he'll remain a useful squad player. He has a bit of quality going forward., works hard enough the other way and can play in a range of positions. Plus he's a United lad. You need people like him in the squad.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This just isn't true though is it. No other club in the league is paying their squad players this sort of money.

I'm sceptical we are either, mind, but this is still a crazy amount of money to be paying him.
Of course they are. We're not exactly full to the brim of home grown players and he's already on our books. Someone of the same quality would cost £15m+ plus wages.

Varun

Staff
Lets not kid ourselves Pex just because its our club that's involved. 100k a week for a squad player is ridiculously over the top. Its not as if we're running the risk of a Bayern or Real coming in and stealing him from us if we refused to pay up.

drdoityourself

He had a breakthrough season last year, in which he faded in productivity and I think he didn't score or assist in 15 starts prior to being dropped for his FA Cup final.
This season he has been poor for most parts, after a good Community Shield his good games have been few and far between. After his fine performance against Boro some have though forgotten he hasn't been good this season.

Has this really earned him 100k? Shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.