Lingard to join West Ham on loan

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Watching him vs Chelsea, you can see that he's the focal point for West Ham's attack and is very good at it. The quick touches & driving runs are coming off and makes one wonder where was this for the last few years. I think part of it is a sense of freedom, as any mistakes aren't as magnified if he was a United player. Plus as the main creator instead of just a cog on a better team, he HAS to do & try more. I doubt he would provide similar results for United as there are better players ahead of him along with bigger egos/presences for him to provide a similar boost. He needs to be the focal point to get the best out of him, but he couldn't be the one at United.
We tried that with him and Pereira before we bought Bruno. How did that turn out? We barely created any chances and if it wasn't for Rashford/Martial bailing us out we'd be in a much worse situation.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was anonymous against Everton today. Honey moon over?
Probably more the case that Everton just sat back with 3 central defenders once they'd scored, meaning zero space.

We've seen that pretty much takes most of Lingard's strengths out, and is why we shouldn't be tempted to bring him back.

Gordon S

Was decent against Everton, nothing more. Seems to be back to a more normal level. Hopefully it doesn´t scare West Ham from buying him now.

cyril C

Apart from beating Spurs and draw Arsenal, West Ham's record against good side is not very good. Everton is a good side, so what do you expect?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Was decent against Everton, nothing more. Seems to be back to a more normal level. Hopefully it doesn´t scare West Ham from buying him now.
Haha I was just thinking the same, only 3 games left for West Ham now, hopefully he can get a goal in at least one of them but we need the season to end ASAP before they think about changing their minds :lol:

Tiber

He is going to sign a big contract at West Ham and struggle for the next 3 years.

The dream West Ham signing.

Paul_Scholes18

I think he is playing very well, but not getting the space to counter anymore so he is not getting many scoring chances.

I think we can keep him and use him for games on the counter, but in other games he would not be needed for us.

Scholesgoals

Anyone listen to the Peter Crouch podcast?

Mark Noble was on it last week, he's exactly like you think he is, but it seems our little Jesse is now the butt of the jokes from the GEEZAAAAAHS at West'am, managers pet etc.

It's funny that internally it sounds just like being 13 in school with all the petty stuff going on

Wonder if this has affected his enthusiasm?

RedIan

£30m I’d snatch their hand off. PX for rice. West Ham trying to say rice is worth £150m but they are dreaming. £60m tops In current environment.

Scholesgoals

They have this thing called eggy boff, where if you say eggy boff says hello then no one is allowed to say hello. So Noble was saying that someone always does it to lingard, sounds like he likes a bi' o' bantah. It's like peer pressure games, but you're like in your mid twenties

stw2022

He’s probably found his level. We’ve seen enough of him being worse than ineffective with us for us to risk not buying quality and giving him another shot