Lingard to join West Ham on loan

mattunited1978

doommonger
Take advantage of a loan thats worked out brilliantly, for all parties involved, and sell him while he's got some value, if we can get 25/30 million off someone, bite there hand off.

Ranchero

I disagree that Lingard's form is because he is playing for a 'lesser' team where he gets more space. I think it is more that he has less distractions in London than in Manchester and is concentrating more on his football.

Right now Fernandes needs a rest. Our players have played so many games with little respite. Rashford is playing while not 100pc, Martial is out for the rest of the season so right now Lingard playing as he is gets in our side. When we have to rely on Daniel James, then to me he plays. It is transparently obvious that Lingard is way ahead of James. And he can play wide.

My issue with him is off field distractions. But if he can get his head down, i would have him back. We wont get good value from selling.

Ranchero

Take advantage of a loan thats worked out brilliantly, for all parties involved, and sell him while he's got some value, if we can get 25/30 million off someone, bite there hand off.
£30m for an England international is not good value. Fred... that's FRED... cost us nearly double that.

Water Melon

I disagree that Lingard's form is because he is playing for a 'lesser' team where he gets more space. I think it is more that he has less distractions in London than in Manchester and is concentrating more on his football.

Right now Fernandes needs a rest. Our players have played so many games with little respite. Rashford is playing while not 100pc, Martial is out for the rest of the season so right now Lingard playing as he is gets in our side. When we have to rely on Daniel James, then to me he plays. It is transparently obvious that Lingard is way ahead of James. And he can play wide.

My issue with him is off field distractions. But if he can get his head down, i would have him back. We wont get good value from selling.
What kind of distractions do you mean, mate. If I were a multi-millionaire footballer susceptible to distraction to an extent that it affects my performances during matchdays, I would be distracted as easily (if not more) in London as if I were to be in Manchester.

SirScholes

What kind of distractions do you mean, mate. If I were a multi-millionaire footballer susceptible to distraction to an extent that it affects my performances during matchdays, I would be distracted as easily (if not more) in London as if I were to be in Manchester.
Insert photo of gazza to highlight your point more

mattunited1978

doommonger
£30m for an England international is not good value. Fred... that's FRED... cost us nearly double that.
Stupid logic, just because we overpayed for fred dosnt mean thats the benchmark for all transfers

Also...I wonder if anythings happened in the world, since we signed Fred, thats changed the financial landscape???

davidmichael

Incredible goal, he’s literally driving West Ham towards the CL singlehandedly. He’s worth £30 million to them all day long especially with his experience at the very highest level.

El Zoido

That’s a sensational goal. Absolutely brilliant technique, thought he scuffed it at first but he’s picked it out perfectly.

OleBoiii

Seeing Lingard having the time of his life has been one of the highlights of this season for me.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Just give him the Ballon d'Or now, it's a fecking joke

Lewnited

He's genuinely taken West Ham up a level, it's crazy. Conflicted as to what we do with him at the end of the season but it's great to see him playing with confidence again.

tugger

This is like chucking your girlfriend because deep down you’re pretty sure you can do better. A few barren months go by, you start to think you may have made a mistake but you’re pretty sure your luck will turn soon.

6 months later you have a chance encounter with her at Rev’s. She’s lost 50lbs, got some nice new clothes and a fancy new haircut. You can only watch on in horror as streams of better looking dudes try their luck, all the while your mates are ribbing you and calling you a mess.

Woodenlung

I don't think Lingard starts for United in our best 11 and he needs/wants consistent game time. I think the right thing to do is sell while he profile is sky high.

Knowing Woodward we'll offer him a new 4 year deal and he'll turn to shit again.

Leonzo1

Lingard and a bit of cash for Sancho does not seem to far fetched now doesn't it?

OleBoiii

This is like chucking your girlfriend because deep down you’re pretty sure you can do better. A few barren months go by, you start to think you may have made a mistake but you’re pretty sure your luck will turn soon.

6 months later you have a chance encounter with her at Rev’s. She’s lost 50lbs, got some nice new clothes and a fancy new haircut. You can only watch on in horror as streams of better looking dudes try their luck, all the while your mates are ribbing you and calling you a mess.
Calm down, Shakespeare! :lol:

Drawfull

I'm guessing this is actually what you did, and what led to your username ;)

Dante

Average bang
:lol:

All the people who joined the hate cult are now struggling to understand why the alien overlord spaceships haven't come to collect them at the allotted time.

I'll tell you why. Lingard was always a good good player who was simply going through a rough time. The fact you drank the Koolaid is a reflection on you, not him.

Walters_19_MuFc

Didn't have him in my England squad but it will be hard for Southgate to leave him out. I think the advantage he has over some is that he's been to a major tournament and has that experience. Was possibly our brightest player, too, which means he can step up to the occasion.

Southgate has a lot of thinking to do.

davidmichael

How do you know my life story mate :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Redlyn

Was fred a 28 yr old with a year left on his contract? Because that reduces the value significantly when a player has the option to just sit tight another season and sign anywhere in Jan.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
If we're going to invest properly this transfer window, JLingz would be surplus to requirements.

He's also having the time of his life there as well so maybe it's good for all parties if we cash in.

Paul_Scholes18

How have we got so little out of him since that Mourinho season when he looked good?

Got to look at our management of players and inability to get the best out of squad players.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’s going to take West Ham third in the league isn’t he. Whatever you think of him or Moyes you have to say fair fecks to them