Lingard to join West Ham on loan

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
He was fecking rubbish for us. He's not a first teamer and he's not an impact player. Needs to leave and he's doing all the things right to be heading towards a decent premier league club. His recent performances for us would leave him looking at championship clubs so good for both parties.

croadyman

He was fecking rubbish for us. He's not a first teamer and he's not an impact player. Needs to leave and he's doing all the things right to be heading towards a decent premier league club. His recent performances for us would leave him looking at championship clubs so good for both parties.
Yeah need his good performances to continue as will make any interested parties willing to pay decent money

hobbers

. Just because he was homegrown seems to make some people very impatient whilst they give 'imports' the benefit of the doubt for far longer.
Nobody has given Martial or VdB the benefit of the doubt. And Lingard should have been moved on years ago because he proved he wasnt good enough for a club of this stature years ago. Being homegrown and working hard bought him at least 2 extra seasons here that his ability didn't warrant.

The Original

Yes but how many chances did he have under Ole? He was crap. He went 12 months playing regular and didnt score or assist.
Doesn't matter because Jesse's not making a point about Ole not giving him chances at all. He's making a point about not being given any more, and why he had to move therefore.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Maybe not as outrageous as we think. At present Ole is not giving chances to James, DBV, Mata, Matic, Ighalo after lockdown ntil he left despite his great start for us and Lingard appears to have been available since last June. His squad rotation is not good enough and at present his is persisting with the same players all of whom are hopelessly out of form.

Its actually very frustrating and we are so bad at present we are almost unwatchable our football is so shit.....give others a run ffs!!

Squad rotation was also poor post lock down, he played the same 11 game after game after game. Yes we had a good winning run but players were absaloutely jaded at the end and that spilled over into the start of this season. Not to mention we we fer beaten in both semi finals
The Ighalo situation was so strange. Was getting us goals then just completely frozen out and never played again. That's after an extension to his deal too.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The Ighalo situation was so strange. Was getting us goals then just completely frozen out and never played again. That's after an extension to his deal too.
His form after lockdown was very poor. If he had continued showing the form he had done when he first joined I'm sure he would have played more often.

If he had gotten more opportunities maybe he could have improved a bit, but it's kind of useless having a squad player who needs games to play well. Especially if trying to play him into form would cost us points which we really couldn't afford at the time.

Red_toad

Just had a laugh at this Link
Yep everyone else’s fault he wasn’t putting in the effort and now he’s gotten back to it, in his head he obviously deserved a chance and the manager is at fault.
Glad it’s going well for him with the hammers, but they’re welcome to him, had so many chances and proved he’s a squad player at best.

ostentatious

Yep everyone else’s fault he wasn’t putting in the effort and now he’s gotten back to it, in his head he obviously deserved a chance and the manager is at fault.
Glad it’s going well for him with the hammers, but they’re welcome to him, had so many chances and proved he’s a squad player at best.
"I came back one of the strongest and fittest (in the Man Utd squad) after the lockdown and I didn't get my chance that I was waiting on but the whole time I was there and not playing I was doing extra training and keeping on top of my fitness for when the time was right." – this is what he said from that article.

Don't think he's blaming anyone there. He did not get much of a chance after the lockdown (not saying he deserved one or otherwise), and he kept working hard and kept himself fit – his debut for WHU was his first in a really long time, still he managed to play the entire 90 minutes, and played quite well too. That is commendable.

passing-wind

Maybe not as outrageous as we think. At present Ole is not giving chances to James, DBV, Mata, Matic, Ighalo after lockdown ntil he left despite his great start for us and Lingard appears to have been available since last June. His squad rotation is not good enough and at present his is persisting with the same players all of whom are hopelessly out of form.

Its actually very frustrating and we are so bad at present we are almost unwatchable our football is so shit.....give others a run ffs!!

Squad rotation was also poor post lock down, he played the same 11 game after game after game. Yes we had a good winning run but players were absaloutely jaded at the end and that spilled over into the start of this season. Not to mention we we fer beaten in both semi finals
I think it all points to one thing and that's poor coaching. Ole is never in a position to change players because the trajectory of our games are typically crunch tight affairs where the risk to the manager of changing personnel could backfire.

The moment the team starts to control games and win by margins is when the full squad is adequately utilised. This is why we saw 3 substitutions (the most Ole made in months) against Southampton as a result of the cricket score.

There are so many questions of Solskjaer's management it's a waste of time highlighting them but fundamentally if Ole and the staff cannot get the team to play a better brand of football and build a foundation to win games it's eventually going to cost him his employment because we aren't sustainable with this current model we have.

Neville made a good point a few weeks ago via sky that eventually Solskjaer will need to give this team an identity because it's from there that everything falls into place even rotating the squad.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Lingard and West Ham are a match made in heaven. No one cares about West Ham so JLingz will be focusing on his football rather then the publicity United generate. The boy is benefitting from a change of scenery but rest assured that if he returns then he'll be back to his usual old self.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was very good vs Sheffield United. He was everywhere, linking up play, dribbling with pace. Good to see him enjoying his game.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think it all points to one thing and that's poor coaching. Ole is never in a position to change players because the trajectory of our games are typically crunch tight affairs where the risk to the manager of changing personnel could backfire.

The moment the team starts to control games and win by margins is when the full squad is adequately utilised. This is why we saw 3 substitutions (the most Ole made in months) against Southampton as a result of the cricket score.

There are so many questions of Solskjaer's management it's a waste of time highlighting them but fundamentally if Ole and the staff cannot get the team to play a better brand of football and build a foundation to win games it's eventually going to cost him his employment because we aren't sustainable with this current model we have.

Neville made a good point a few weeks ago via sky that eventually Solskjaer will need to give this team an identity because it's from there that everything falls into place even rotating the squad.
Coaching need to improve. I was expecting Ole to inject some experience and outside knowledge into this inexperienced coaching staff. He brought Darren Fletcher instead. However good coaching can get you to a certain level. The problem with United is that its a one dimensional team that can only play one way. Most players in there shouldn't be first teamers in a title contending team in the first place

wolvored

Doesn't matter because Jesse's not making a point about Ole not giving him chances at all. He's making a point about not being given any more, and why he had to move therefore.
Thats the trouble with players. They play crap yet feel hard done by when they dont get picked and its everybodys fault bar their own. If he had kept quiet he may have come back and had a chance again. Now he has put the spotlight on himself and will have to perform to a great level every game to justify his own words.

wolvored

Yep thats the jist of it.

ostentatious

Thats the trouble with players. They play crap yet feel hard done by when they dont get picked and its everybodys fault bar their own. If he had kept quiet he may have come back and had a chance again. Now he has put the spotlight on himself and will have to perform to a great level every game to justify his own words.
Where is he blaming anyone else? He was just stating the fact that he wasn't getting any chances after the lockdown – he goes on to say how he went back to the basics and kept himself fit for when he got the chance to play.

Matt851

His wages are not relevant in a footballing discussion. In any case he's been one of the lowest earners for a while.

Secondly Lingard was a decent player for LVG and a good one for Mourinho. It says something that these managers found use for him. Ferguson also had quite a few players like him.

Also, for most of his career he was used on the flanks and only truly found his best form when played centrally. That was interrupted when Sanchez came and he never quite found his way back. Clearly, like Lukaku and unlike Pogba, Jesse seems to be one who takes public criticism to heart and mind. Not saying he should be a starter here, but to claim he has been poor throughout might be to ignore context.

Now he's back where he is being valued, playing his preferred position, and it shows.
I didnt say poor, i said not good enough for united. I think he is a decent player for the right club but will always be inconsistent

If you look at his pl goal and assist stats from his time with us he only ever got over 10 in one season once. The rest of the time he averaged 5 (total goals and assists) or less which really isnt impressive

We would be better of getting a fee for him and buying someone that is either currently better or has the potential to be a lot better because jesse will never offer enough

You seem to be judging his ability overly positively off the back of a couple of good performances and ignoring years of average ones

Falcow

He actually gave him too many chances and he still blew it. Some on here are completely forgetting how bad he was before we signed Bruno.
Fair point and I realise that. In his defence he was playing regularly with Mata and Pierera as his midfielder partners. The team is in better shape now (partly cos he ain't in it I guess) I'm not sorry he is gone but he would be useful now to freshen things up I feel.

Falcow

I'm laughing him saying he wasn't given a chance. He had dozens of chances under ole and he was shit. He ought to be sold.
What @The Original said above.

In my view Lingard would be a reasonable option now to freshen things up. How many more chances is Ole going to give the shit weekly shit show that is Rashford and Martial.

Falcow

His form after lockdown was very poor. If he had continued showing the form he had done when he first joined I'm sure he would have played more often.

If he had gotten more opportunities maybe he could have improved a bit, but it's kind of useless having a squad player who needs games to play well. Especially if trying to play him into form would cost us points which we really couldn't afford at the time.
Did he play after lockdown? Honestly dont remember him getting a sniff.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Just had a laugh at this Link
Deluded. Guy was handed a million chances. Him and Pereira were so godawful that it even forced an indecisive idiot like Woodward to open the purse strings in January. Bruno simultaneously put them both out of their misery. It’s pretty damning when a new signing automatically walks into the starting XI just a day or so after arriving.

I’m glad he’s doing well and making the West Ham fans eat humble pie. They were writing him off as a social media merchant who wouldn't get in their team. Laughably overrating their own players (duds like Lanzini, Yarmalenko etc) and criminally underrating a United player just because he wasn't getting game time here. All of our squad players (bar Grant) would be starters at lower pedigree PL clubs.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Did he play after lockdown? Honestly dont remember him getting a sniff.
Not much, but he started against Norwich in the FA Cup and against LASK in the Europa. Also got a few a few short appearances off the bench. This season he also started the first two games of the EFL Cup. He was quite poor in each of them, and most likely he was also struggling in training.

roonster09

Scout

In my view Lingard would be a reasonable option now to freshen things up. How many more chances is Ole going to give the shit weekly shit show that is Rashford and Martial.
Rashford and Martial deserves million chances compared to the shit served by Lingard, stinking up the pitch for years.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

I think Martial will be the next to get the Lingard treatment. Greenwood's form has improved in recent weeks, he just needs to add some consistency to his game. And with Diallo proving he's way too good for the U23s it's only a matter of time before he starts getting minutes for the seniors. Martial has lived a very charmed life with a serious lack of competition (just as Lingard was last year), that's about to change imo.

Falcow

Great post and well summarized, I agree with all of that. I can understand prioritizing the results but he needs to have the courage as well. I think it will ultimately cost him his job.

Falcow

Not much, but he started against Norwich in the FA Cup and against LASK in the Europa. Also got a few a few short appearances off the bench. This season he also started the first two games of the EFL Cup. He was quite poor in each of them, and most likely he was also struggling in training.
Yeah maybe he wasnt showing it in training. Iirc he scored against Norwich in the cup though.

Falcow

I think Martial will be the next to get the Lingard treatment. Greenwood's form has improved in recent weeks, he just needs to add some consistency to his game. And with Diallo proving he's way too good for the U23s it's only a matter of time before he starts getting minutes for the seniors. Martial has lived a very charmed life with a serious lack of competition (just as Lingard was last year), that's about to change imo.
Ole's comments on Martial after the WBA game annoyed me, he said "and we know that when he works hard we are going to get big performances out of him" Quote un quote.

Wtf??? When he works hard? Well when is that going to be and why are we waiting, why hasn't he been working hard. 6 years is long enough to wait.

Falcow

Rashford and Martial deserves million chances compared to the shit served by Lingard, stinking up the pitch for years.
A million is probably a bit much and certainly in Martials case, 6 years is more than enough. I'd happily have lingard in the team ahead of him at the moment.

roonster09

Scout
A million is probably a bit much and certainly in Martials case, 6 years is more than enough. I'd happily have lingard in the team ahead of him at the moment.
Then some poster guessed it so well he deserves some sort of award. The moment he plays well, people will forget the shit he served and cry for his come back and that's what is happening with few now.

youngrell

Jesus Christ. Now he's better than Martial? :lol:

Happy that he's playing well on his loan but let's not go nuts people.

iHicksy

Just because he was homegrown seems to make some people very impatient whilst they give 'imports' the benefit of the doubt for far longer.
I hope he continues the way he has started at West Ham, comes back full of confidence and Ole has the balls to sometimes give Bruno a rest or play him in slightly a different position occasionally because a rejuvinated Lingard can fill that role.
My god. Just wow.

Did I slip into an alternative reality?

The benefit of the doubt? He's been given 5 seasons. How much bloody time would you like to give him? if anything he's been given too much time because he's English and homegrown.

As for filling that role - His output is an absolute joke. It's literally worse than a lot of central defenders attacking stats. And you think he can replace Bruno in the number 10 role?

Lets take a look at our number 10's stats shall we? A number 10 or attacking midfielder for Manchester United should be a pretty creative force right?

Lingard: 114 Premier league Appearances - 10 Assists. 17 goals. An assist every 11.4 games and a goal every 6.7 games. That's 3 assists per season in the prem.

Bruno: 38 Prem games - 22 goals. 16 assists. A goal every 1.7 games and an assist every 2.3 games.

But please go ahead and live in a fantasy land where Jesse can replace Bruno.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm glad he's started well at West Ham but he had so many chances here. His time is up and hopefully this just means we get a good fee for him.

Zlatattack

My god. Just wow.

Did I slip into an alternative reality?

The benefit of the doubt? He's been given 5 seasons. How much bloody time would you like to give him? if anything he's been given too much time because he's English and homegrown.

As for filling that role - His output is an absolute joke. It's literally worse than a lot of central defenders attacking stats. And you think he can replace Bruno in the number 10 role?

Lets take a look at our number 10's stats shall we? A number 10 or attacking midfielder for Manchester United should be a pretty creative force right?

Lingard: 114 Premier league Appearances - 10 Assists. 17 goals. An assist every 11.4 games and a goal every 6.7 games. That's 3 assists per season in the prem.

Bruno:
38 Prem games - 22 goals. 16 assists. A goal every 1.7 games and an assist every 2.3 games.

But please go ahead and live in a fantasy land where Jesse can replace Bruno.
Honestly i think some people are just trolling. He had ~40 games a season for 5 years. He produced feck all other than running around.

Falcow

Nobody is saying that. What people are saying, myself included is that based on current form he is better than Martial. Or am I missing something?

Maybe that's because anybody would be better than Martial has been this season. Maybe people haven't been watching Martial this season, he is currently every bit as atrocious as Lingard ever was. Two goals against 9 man Southampton hasn't changed my mind. His output is next to zero at this point. How long Ole will allow that to continue, I've no idea.

redshaw

Pleased he's doing well. Hopefully he can get a move a play regularly, I don't see any room for him at OT.

The Original

I didnt say poor, i said not good enough for united. I think he is a decent player for the right club but will always be inconsistent

If you look at his pl goal and assist stats from his time with us he only ever got over 10 in one season once. The rest of the time he averaged 5 (total goals and assists) or less which really isnt impressive

We would be better of getting a fee for him and buying someone that is either currently better or has the potential to be a lot better because jesse will never offer enough

You seem to be judging his ability overly positively off the back of a couple of good performances and ignoring years of average ones
Far from it. I have always believed he had the quality (to be a good player, not necessarily a great one), because even if it was just for a limited period, he showed it both for United and for England at the World Cup. That was surely no fluke, so even when he went off form, like Martial has now, you still know the player is in there. The three factors that were consistent during his best run of form were:

1. Playing his best position
2. Getting consistent gametime
3. Being a valued member of the team

I for one lost a bit of respect for Ole when he dropped him, simply because it seemed to me, Ole was playing to the gallery. Fine, he hadn't scored in a year or so at the time, but he was a critical part of the Ole's initial success, and everyone could see how much his injury (against Liverpool?) had an impact in changing the way the team played. He had also been a critical part of Mourinho's team before the signing of Sanchez which disrupted both himself and Martial. For that reason, it was obvious to me and should have been to Ole, that the player was going through a rough patch for whatever reason, and I do believe he (Ole) was thinking along these lines because he did persist with him until the media started going on about how Lingard had not scored in a year.

Isn't it remarkable that Ole dropped him the very next game, and then produced that infamous "one more time and you're off on-camera moment"? I think he dropped Lingard simply as a reaction to the press picking up on his failings, in order to boost his own standing. Otherwise, why did he stick with him for so long? And can anyone explain why Martial has not been given the same treatment? Ole, in this sense, treated Lingard unfairly, and I think Lingard has a chip on his shoulder about it.

Post lockdown, Lingard hasn't had a single bad game in the few chances he has gotten, beginning from his winning goal at Leicester last season. He showed he was looking sharp and back to his old levels, which meant he could at least bring something to the team. I am happy for him at West Ham and clearly staying there is best for him. He will go back to being a respected player and England interantional.

youngrell

Nobody is saying that. What people are saying, myself included is that based on current form he is better than Martial. Or am I missing something?

Maybe that's because anybody would be better than Martial has been this season. Maybe people haven't been watching Martial this season, he is currently every bit as atrocious as Lingard ever was. Two goals against 9 man Southampton hasn't changed my mind. His output is next to zero at this point. How long Ole will allow that to continue, I've no idea.
Well, for a start he's playing in a different team with different expectations and with opponents who approach the game differently to when playing against United. HE has far more room than he did/would while playing for us, which suits him and the way he plays.

Martial is having a horrible season, but even then his bottom level has not been as bad as Jesse's. Jesse's output for us was close to zero 90% of the time. It's incredibly shortsighted.

His performance tonight says as much about his own character and not necessarily all in a good way. Either Ole and the coaches are mad by ignoring him or his attitude behind closed doors has been all wrong to warrant not being selected for United. Looked nothing wrong with his form and fitness tonight.
Lingard is clearly a cocky little shit. Ole had Lingard's card marked from the moment he posted those utterly embarrassing videos when on holiday. Combine that with the dancing and general idiocy we've seen on display, i imagine he's an insufferable prick behind the scenes.

edgecutter

Mad isn't it. Lingard has spells of playing well and hopefully that will last till May so we get a good fee, but you can guarantee that he will go back to form of doing nothing again very shortly for West Ham.