Lingard to join West Ham on loan

-Supreme-

Let's hope his form continues and we should get a decent fee.

We have a habit of keeping players for way too long and find ourselves in a difficult situation to get rid when they haven't had much game time for a lengthy period of time, the likes of James, Williams and potentially Tuanzebe (depending on incoming/outgoings this summer) could do with going out on loan next season.

Lee565

So, seems everyone leaving us become good player again.
It does seem like an on going trend since sir alex left but what do you expect when we have yet to hire a top class manager that sets his teams up to attacking football

Jean claude van hire

He looked a class act again today, he’s definitely a confidence player and I am pleased he has re found his form. No question West Ham will look to buy if he maintains this form, perhaps we can tempt Declan away with a Jesse plus cash offer?

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
This ibagree with 100%

Same fans who turned in lukakku and pogba.

Lingard is good enough for this club.. hes an extremely talented and versatile player. Even if its not in the starting 1q.. hes thebtype of player we need to make our squad strong forba title challenge.. with how certain guys are performing right now he could slot in and pick up their slack.
This has to be a joke surely?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
It does seem like an on going trend since sir alex left but what do you expect when we have yet to hire a top class manager that sets his teams up to attacking football

That is some defensive stat! Imagine if we played attacking football.

DoomSlayer

Never cut out to play for a title winning squad, but he can have a good career in a small club.

Don't see why people are fawning over Lingard. It's funny to see him score against Mourinho and potentially cost him his job, but we've seen a similar purple patch before. Let him keep doing that over a whole season before people start going overboard.

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
£50m please West Ham and Jesse is yours *.

Jesse please perform until the end of the season

Bojan11

Yeah, because he’s currently playing for the best attacking manager right now in David Moyes. His best form also came under another attacking manager called Jose Mourinho.

Glad he’s doing well. But let’s see how long it lasts, because he does go through spells like this and then does nothing for months. Hope we get a good fee.

SirScholes

He’s playing under the same manager we had man haha
Both were donkeys for us

Falcow

Totally agree. He was torn apart for everything, his celebrations, his "childish" behaviour, his off field enterprise's, but hardly anyone acknowledged this side of his life which obviously hugely effected his game.
Well yeah but I can see why people would be pissed off with him. All those stupid videos of him being a total dick, Ole had to speak to him at one point I think. The tweets promoting JLingz brand when there were commerations of the bombings and then being completely shit for months upon months. For the average football fan, you would be lucky to get 3 days compassionate leave from work if you mother passed away. Lingard was earning 100k per week and had about a year off so you'll excuse me if my sympathy was not infinite. My feeling is that yes of course it effected him but you need to just get on with it after a few weeks. I'm sure he wasnt suffering from exhaustion going home, cooking dinners for the kids, cleaning the gaff, up early making sambos for school etc like the rest of us have to do!

Im not a Jesse hater by the way, I was defending his ability/form during the week in this very thread, couple of pages back and getting labelled as nuts when I said he is currently playing better than Martial.

Anyway, sympathy yes and undeserving of the usual vile online abuse of course but sympathy has its limits.

Falcow

I hope Dalot, Pereira, Chong and whoever else is out there follows in that trend.
This is a good point. There are not too many more of our squad players who would go to another Prem club and instantly be one of their best performers mid way through the season. Dalot and Pierrea cant even get games in Seria A.

binary bot
He's a great example of the different attributes required to succeed at a top club. Majority of his games for us are against teams sitting deep where he struggles.

Brilliant to see him doing well.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
He is good enough to do a job here but he's also 28, so we're better off giving the playing time to someone who could become more than just a handy squad player and he's better off at a club where he's playing a big role.

Also, the way he's going we're likely to be getting more than pocket change for him.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
How much do you think we can expect for him ? 15m ?
Probably depends on what he wants. If he decides he likes it at West Ham and isn't interested in other offers than £15m seems a fair price. If he's interested in hearing out the options available to him then we can get more than that I reckon.

lsd

The Oracle

:rolleyes:

MissKatie

Supports
Northampton Town
Honestly he's always had that burst of form where he's absolutely outstanding, it's just once he's off form he's very very average

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Fair play Jesse, grab this chance and get yourself some first team football for the next few years.

Steven7290

I was very happy for him last time, until I saw his goal celebration and was reminded why I couldnt stand him here in the first place, in addition to his inability to football.

Cecc07

We've always been a fanbase that are way too quick to turn on players unfortunately. I still don't think he's good enough to start for United but its great news for us that he is doing well there. A few clubs are going to want him now and we should get good money
I hope this is a joke. There is so many examples that our fanbase constantly making excuses for our players who are not good enough or way past their best.

So 2-3 good games and some people again think he is good enough. Like last 2-3 years didn't happened. And his goals vs AstonVilla were because of bad goalkeeping. I really hope that someone is stupid enough to pay more than 10mln for him. Fingers crossed!

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Here we go again :rolleyes: it's not like we are challenging for 2nd this seaso
It’s like people totally ignore how they’ve actually performed for us over literal years
Sentimentality won't get the club back to where it belongs.