Lingard to join West Ham on loan

arnie_ni

I was very happy for him last time, until I saw his goal celebration and was reminded why I couldnt stand him here in the first place, in addition to his inability to football.
Whys that?

Last edited:

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Doing well at West Ham, but it's West Ham. Different gravy playing for Man Utd.

3 goals in 36 appearances under Ole. Should have been binned a long time ago, would have saved decent bit on his wages. One of the better decisions Ole has made under his tenure, hopefully likes of Mata, Jones and other wage thieves are also sold in the summer.

SinNombre

3 goals in 36 appearances under Ole. Should have been binned a long time ago, would have saved decent bit on his wages. One of the better decisions Ole has made under his tenure, hopefully likes of Mata, Jones and other wage thieves are also sold in the summer.
Exactly, sending players on loan to the likes of West Ham, Palace is the best way for us to get their value back up as well before selling.

Hopefully we can sell him for ~15m and use that for a Grealish.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Great news. Almost can’t believe it. It’s not 1st of April today?

Happy on behalf of Lindgaard. Exactly what he needs. Maybe he is able to turn things around and get a new start. Wouldn’t exclude he is able to surprise us.

A swap deal incoming! Lindgaard + 40m for Rice.
Let’s not get greedy; They give us £20m and we’ll give them Lingard, match winner extraordinaire, in exchange for Declan Rice. ;)

Steven7290

Whys that?
difficult to pinpoint a reason why. I wanted to say the arrogance, over the top expression that doesnt match his ability but realized thats not entirely true. it's just not what I've seen often from a player in a united shirt. I somehow dont feel the same about Pogba with all his hair, celebration and agent stuffs.

intolerance of incompatible personality on my part I guess?

Red00012

Great news. Almost can’t believe it. It’s not 1st of April today?

Happy on behalf of Lindgaard. Exactly what he needs. Maybe he is able to turn things around and get a new start. Wouldn’t exclude he is able to surprise us.

A swap deal incoming! Lindgaard + 40m for Rice.
Didn’t realise we brought our former keeper back

Al Capone

Absolutely buzzing for J Lingz. I really do he has an awesome career either with us at utd or another top team.

arnie_ni

difficult to pinpoint a reason why. I wanted to say the arrogance, over the top expression that doesnt match his ability but realized thats not entirely true. it's just not what I've seen often from a player in a united shirt. I somehow dont feel the same about Pogba with all his hair, celebration and agent stuffs.

intolerance of incompatible personality on my part I guess?
At least you've been honest.

I just looks like him and his mates are having a bit of fun in game they're winning.

You'll notice at United he done it when we were winning but I also remember occasions where he or someone scored and he'd run in grab the ball and look to again if we were getting beat.

It seems like having a bit of fun to me. I never understood anyone's criticism of it.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
To be fair I can see his point, martial is having a shocker this year, but I’d still rather see my Nan given a run out over lingard again for us
I’d rather see MY Nan play for us and she’s been dead for 20 years

henrysquire

Glad he's doing well. Didn't like him much in a United shirt though; had some good games/moments but in order for United to get back to the top we needed better. Same with Martial; just doesn't look like he has the drive to push himself in order to push us to the next level. I think that's why I enjoy watching Haaland - seems hungry and has the talent to back up his audacity.

Steven7290

At least you've been honest.

I just looks like him and his mates are having a bit of fun in game they're winning.

You'll notice at United he done it when we were winning but I also remember occasions where he or someone scored and he'd run in grab the ball and look to again if we were getting beat.

It seems like having a bit of fun to me. I never understood anyone's criticism of it.
I'm always for celebrating and enjoying every goal you can, of course not when you're chasing the game, but his style just seems obnoxious to me. I cant tell if its prejudice about him or his dances really suck, but its what I feel. Its irrational to an extent and doesnt need to be understood.

arnie_ni

I'm always for celebrating and enjoying every goal you can, of course not when you're chasing the game, but his style just seems obnoxious to me. I cant tell if its prejudice about him or his dances really suck, but its what I feel. Its irrational to an extent and doesnt need to be understood.
It sort of highlights the point I'm making, although you've actually acknowledged there's no reason to it.

But people slagged him of for things above and beyond the football without the acknowledgement of the personal issues he was dealing with.

Last edited:

redrobed

I feel he’s enjoying a bit of a honeymoon period but I am actually happy for him. I still don’t believe he is or will be Utd quality but think he can do well at a club like West Ham - I hope in 10 years time he’s looking back at a career where he’s made maybe another 200 appearances and bagged 25-35 goals and we’ve made 20m on a player who was never going to get beyond the point of being a fringe player. Go on lad.

arthurka

Happy for him, glad he is doing well. Win win for everyone we get some cash and the other guys get a happy and firing JLingZ

Mindhunter

Let him play against all our rivals and score against them. Agent Lingard!

He is still doing the club a service.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
For all those saying he isn’t United quality, I wonder what you’d think if West Ham finish above us. A cataclysmic collapse by us isn’t necessarily impossible given our defence.

I do think Lingard has a future at United if he continues to impress and play with positivity.

ash_86

25m should be a good deal for both the teams. He clearly loves it there and they appreciate him . This is market where Brewster went for 18m so the price is fair!

NoPace

For all those saying he isn’t United quality, I wonder what you’d think if West Ham finish above us. A cataclysmic collapse by us isn’t necessarily impossible given our defence.

I do think Lingard has a future at United if he continues to impress and play with positivity.
If we hadn't signed Van Der Beek and badly needed a backup 10 who was only good enough for us on the counter since he couldn't pick a pass, then maybe to bridge the gap until 1 of Shoretire, Diallo or Mejbri can back up Bruno.

But yeah, the lack of passing creation for me means he's not good enough for us. Though I could see a team like Wolves who play on the break or maybe Villa if keeping Barkley permanently falls through competing with West Ham to sign him and him being good enough to start and do well on a team like that with the right setup around him (creative players who could use some running and finishing from their 10).

GoldanoGraham

Good luck to Jesse. His ship has sailed at Utd but I wish him well - I’m pleased for him that he is getting to play and enjoying himself - looks like a good match at West Ham.

Looking like a sensible move from the club to extend that contract to protect the value - that scenario has finally paid off as we should get a decent fee for him in the summer........

Phil Jones, Juan Mata, Sergio Romero to follow and we should then be free of players that are no longer needed.

Looks like one of those deals that’s good for everyone.

still despise West Ham, and Moyes - but hope he continues to do well.

crossy1686

career ending
Happy for Lingard, I was one of his biggest critics when he was playing for us but it's nice to see him scoring goals and looking like he's enjoying his football again. In saying that, seeing the celebrations reminds me that I don't want him anywhere near United ever again. West Ham can't believe their luck, they've scored a couple of goals and are buzzing about it, completely different set of expectations at United by comparison.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Good luck to Jesse. His ship has sailed at Utd but I wish him well - I’m pleased for him that he is getting to play and enjoying himself - looks like a good match at West Ham.

Looking like a sensible move from the club to extend that contract to protect the value - that scenario has finally paid off as we should get a decent fee for him in the summer........

Phil Jones, Juan Mata, Sergio Romero to follow and we should then be free of players that are no longer needed.
Good luck with them, before the end of the season they'd play well for 2-3 games and get a new contract in the name of "let's see what they can offer next season", repeat until retirement.

Yakuza_devils

West Ham won't pay 25 mil for Lingard in his last year contract.
We sold Smalling for 15mil. And many rate Smalling higher than Lingard.

We should be happy if we can get 10mil considering Lingard is on very high salary and last year of his contract.

GoldTrafford99

Lingard was suffering with some major mental health problems and a heavy illness in his family.

It wasn't made public, safe for an interview Lingard did with Maya Jama for the BBC iPlayer that seem to go under the radar and was missed by most football writers and football fans.

He has only got over these mental health issues in the past two months and so Ole agreed to allow him to go out on loan to try and fight for his place in the EUROS. But Ole wants him back at Man Utd. He downright refused to agree to a sell on clause in his West Ham loan.

mu4c_20le

West Ham won't pay 25 mil for Lingard in his last year contract.
We sold Smalling for 15mil. And many rate Smalling higher than Lingard.

We should be happy if we can get 10mil considering Lingard is on very high salary and last year of his contract.
He was much older and injury prone though, while Jesse is a kid just hitting his prime. If Smalling were a few years younger I'm sure we would've gotten a bit more.

GoldTrafford99

Happy for Lingard, I was one of his biggest critics when he was playing for us but it's nice to see him scoring goals and looking like he's enjoying his football again. In saying that, seeing the celebrations reminds me that I don't want him anywhere near United ever again. West Ham can't believe their luck, they've scored a couple of goals and are buzzing about it, completely different set of expectations at United by comparison.

Whereas at United, you can be a 23-year-old academy graduate who has scored more goals and made more assists combined than any other academy graduate in our entire history and still get a rollicking by "fans" on RedCafe for not being good enough.

EdinburghDevil

Glad he is doing well, however, don't think there is a place for him back at Old Trafford. He's playing well so it should allow us to get max value in the summer for him and allow us to invest in the team elsewhere.

stevoc

Lingard was suffering with some major mental health problems and a heavy illness in his family.

It wasn't made public, safe for an interview Lingard did with Maya Jama for the BBC iPlayer that seem to go under the radar and was missed by most football writers and football fans.

He has only got over these mental health issues in the past two months and so Ole agreed to allow him to go out on loan to try and fight for his place in the EUROS. But Ole wants him back at Man Utd. He downright refused to agree to a sell on clause in his West Ham loan.
Any source for all this information?