Lingard to join West Ham on loan

SinNombre

Thank feck you're not in charge of transfers.
With your mentality comes the clown show where the likes of Lingard, Jones, Rojo keep lingering on for years for no value add.

And then you lot will complain about how Liverpool or Chelsea sell their scrubs for so much money.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
With your mentality comes the clown show where the likes of Lingard, Jones, Rojo keep lingering on for years for no value add.

And then you lot will complain about how Liverpool or Chelsea sell their scrubs for so much money.
You've literally got a player who's easily worth £50mil minimum and you're hoping to sell for half the value.

Regardless of your opinion of whether he should be sold or not, selling for £25mil is a bad bit if business.

So I repeat, thank feck you're not in charge of transfers.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Clever pick up from Moyes, in fairness.

If Lingard fires them into the Champions League, we should be looking at £30/40 million easy.

C'est Moi Cantona

If he came back it would only be a matter of time before he was blamed for everything that went wrong for us, so if I was him I'd try and get a permanent move to West Ham, and tbf he should their number one summer transfer target now.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
One of the best loan aqusitions in world football this window. Love to see it.

lilcurt

Delighted for him!

I don't know what it says about our coaching that we struggle to get a tune out of almost all our players. Maybe it says nothing, I don't know.

Dante

Average bang
I think people are being hasty comparing Lingard to Messi. Realistically, Jesse is a level below more like Zidane or Figo.

SinNombre

You've literally got a player who's easily worth £50mil minimum and you're hoping to sell for half the value.

Regardless of your opinion of whether he should be sold or not, selling for £25mil is a bad bit if business.

So I repeat, thank feck you're not in charge of transfers.
He is 28 with one year of his contract left.

You are from the Woody school of clownery where you give him a 5 year contract extension and then he stinks up the place again and you can never sell because of the new contract.

The good thing is that Ole is ruthless.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
In the form of his life, even better than under Mourinho in 17/18

FujiVice

He'll be back here next year. Solskjaer is so fond of him, I was amazed he was sent out on load. On form like this, he'll bring him back for sure.

Seriously, if we didnt know this lad and were judging him based on his form since January, we'd be talking Grelish, Maddison, Rice type hype from the English media.

Tiber

West Ham are going to be desperate to get him, excellent news

Okey

Young Jesse might just end up being worth more than Declan Rice at this rate. Imagine if he fires them to top 4, in the absence of Rice!

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
He is 28 with one year of his contract left.

You are from the Woody school of clownery where you give him a 5 year contract extension and then he stinks up the place again and you can never sell because of the new contract.

The good thing is that Ole is ruthless.
Yeah logic, we'll sell the experienced player in the form of his life for absolute peanuts whilst keep the likes of VDB as back up to Bruno.

Consider that selling isn't actually the wisest course of action, especially at 25 fecking million.

For reference, Fred cost double that.

RedTiger

Half mast
He'll be back here next year. Solskjaer is so fond of him, I was amazed he was sent out on load. On form like this, he'll bring him back for sure.

Seriously, if we didnt know this lad and were judging him based on his form since January, we'd be talking Grelish, Maddison, Rice type hype from the English media.
He wants assurances from ole that he'll start most weeks. That's not an assurance that Ole can give.

marktan

He doesn't really fit out style of play though, West Ham counter more which suits him. Against us half these teams just sit back, where Jesse's not much use as he's never been a tight spaces type player / dribbler.

He'd actually fit in well with a team like Inter or Atletico that tend to sit back and counter.

Mcking

Spent years trying to convince many that Lingard is actually a good footballer. Could actually be time to come outside @Kostov

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
They simply have to buy him. A player performing that well for them and gelling that quickly with his teammates. This try-before-you-buy thing is working a treat. I'm thinking 20m easy, even with just the year remaining.

AgentSmith

Yeah logic, we'll sell the experienced player in the form of his life for absolute peanuts whilst keep the likes of VDB as back up to Bruno.

Consider that selling isn't actually the wisest course of action, especially at 25 fecking million.

For reference, Fred cost double that.
Would you actually turn down £45 million for Lingard this summer?

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Of course he should be sold. He's never been consistently good for United and has no place in the side. Solksjaer gave him plenty of opportunities and Lingard failed to impress.
Rewriting history here.

userman

Glad to see him performing the way he does for WH, good for him and good for us when we’re selling him this summer!
He should and needs to be a regular starter for a team in the PL and he will never be that for us so no point bringing him back with a fresh new contract here.

Mcking

Considering they have been spending £40m+ on the likes of Sebastian Haller, we should demand £50m initially at least. Surely they aren't going to turn down the chance to retain their best player of the Premier League era.

AgentSmith

This is a different argument. Poster in question is saying we should sell him for £25mil, what's the point in that?
Well it’s probably a more realistic transfer fee for a player in Lingard’s position than £50 million.

I think the main angle should be using Lingard to drive the price down of Rice to a point that leaves the transfer budget able to get him and then Sancho as well. That would be a brilliant duo to add to the starting XI.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
West Ham won't be the only club who will want him in the summer

Has to be a contender for player of the month for March

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Incredible that 90% of these posts here when Jesse does well is “how much are we gonna get for him” rather than “I hope he can force his way back into the squad now”

....& yet half this forum complain when we don’t have quality in depth, beggers belief.

DoomSlayer

Well it’s probably a more realistic transfer fee for a player in Lingard’s position than £50 million.

I think the main angle should be using Lingard to drive the price down of Rice to a point that leaves the transfer budget able to get him and then Sancho as well. That would be a brilliant duo to add to the starting XI.
Yeah, considering the financial situation of all clubs, it would benefit us and West Ham, if they are seriously interested in Lingard. If they still quote us 100 million for Rice, we should do the same for Lingard, I'm sure a lot of PL teams would want him in this form.

abbulf

With your mentality comes the clown show where the likes of Lingard, Jones, Rojo keep lingarding on for years for no value add.

Fixed your quote for you :cool: