Lingard to join West Ham on loan

Zoo

How have we got so little out of him since that Mourinho season when he looked good?

Got to look at our management of players and inability to get the best out of squad players.
Only if you have an agenda with Ole.

theklr

How have we got so little out of him since that Mourinho season when he looked good?

Got to look at our management of players and inability to get the best out of squad players.
Had alot to do with personal reasons , then Bruno came in. Lingard doesnt really suit playing teams who sit back either.

Doesnt necessarily have to do with anything on our end.

Mcking

Seems like everything goes through him in that West Ham team. One of the reasons Fernandes has been very good for us, and one of the reasons Lingard has been every inch as good as him if not much better since he left us for West Ham.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
This is like chucking your girlfriend because deep down you’re pretty sure you can do better. A few barren months go by, you start to think you may have made a mistake but you’re pretty sure your luck will turn soon.

6 months later you have a chance encounter with her at Rev’s. She’s lost 50lbs, got some nice new clothes and a fancy new haircut. You can only watch on in horror as streams of better looking dudes try their luck, all the while your mates are ribbing you and calling you a mess.
Don't hold back mate, tell us more.

So where does she live now?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

feck that. Lingard has scored 18 league goals for us in 7,400+ mins. He was terrible for us.

It's just the usual player moves to a different club and has an excellent run of form before going back to his usual form. Reminder, he's scored 7 goals for West Ham in like 750mins.

Get his big transfer fee and reinvest while jumping for joy.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Surely the most successful loan signing in PL history given where West Ham were and where they are now

9 games, 7 goals 4 assists

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The same thing happens to Lingard that happened to Martial.

Teams started playing deeper and deeper against us (a further level back when Bruno Fernandes came) and it meant there was less space for our attackers to run through.

It effected Lingard who tries to always make runs whilst it also effected Martial that made none.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He deserves this, and more - our fans have treated him like sh/t for years.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I cant believe I have to say this, but what Eden fecking Hazard sold for has absolutely no bearing on what Jessie Lingard will sell for.

C'est Moi Cantona

Some of the stuff wriiten on here before he went to West Ham doesn't look good now, mad, only up side for us right now is Moyes wet the bed when he didn't have him against us OT.

Bertie Wooster

Seeing Lingard having the time of his life has been one of the highlights of this season for me.
The only real highlight about it for me is that it, hopefully, increases his transfer fee or, unlikely, he returns here next season in a better state of mind.

Other than that, it's pretty frustrating after a few years of awful form with us to watch him immediately start performing the way we all knew he could but for someone else, and helping turn those into potential top 4 rivals to us.

So long as they don't finish above us, and it helps us get a good fee, then it's a positive. But seeing him finally start doing what he should have been doing all along with us just makes all those games after games without goals or assists all the more frustrating.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It's great that Lingard is doing well. But this is an insanely unsustainable run of form. Criticising the club or management based on this as if it's a normal standard we should expect from Lingard is silly. It's the purplest of purple patches.

SwedishFish

You can't get a lot of money from someone who has only 1 year on his contract. If that was the case RVP would have cost 40mil minimum
There'll be many takers and that could probably drive the price up a bit. In January I would've thought 15 million max.

No Love

I tore him apart regularly whilst he was here, but he’s in incredible form and emphatically proving people wrong. Good for him!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I was really hard on him but I'm glad to see he's turned his career around. I'm not sure whether United should keep him but he's been fantastic for West Ham and could have a great time there if he stays.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I tore him apart regularly whilst he was here, but he’s in incredible form and emphatically proving people wrong. Good for him!
Will it make you think twice about tearing other players apart regularly?

Castia

Madness, well played Jesse.

We need to demand a decent fee for him, they're in a position where they will have to buy him to satisfy their fans.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
This is like chucking your girlfriend because deep down you’re pretty sure you can do better. A few barren months go by, you start to think you may have made a mistake but you’re pretty sure your luck will turn soon.

6 months later you have a chance encounter with her at Rev’s. She’s lost 50lbs, got some nice new clothes and a fancy new haircut. You can only watch on in horror as streams of better looking dudes try their luck, all the while your mates are ribbing you and calling you a mess.
You:

Mcking

9 games, 8 goals, 4 assists.

Scored or assisted against Man City, Tottenham, Arsenal and Leicester, Aston Villa. Think he has blanked in only one game so far.

Luckily he couldn't play against us. They looked completely toothless without him that day.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
He deserves this, and more - our fans have treated him like sh/t for years.
Agreed. When you start to shit on Wayne Rooney the way they did, it has to be expected and not much of a surprise.