Lingard to join West Ham on loan

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The only reason I want to sell Lingard is because we as a club dont tend to ever have the ability to make a sale or make a profit on a player the way other clubs do nearly every season or 2.

Getting 30 million for Lingard would feel great for the transfer window.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You just know after this loan he'll end up signing a new 5 year contract on 200k a week, and go back to the same old shite he was producing here :lol:

He's been playing as the CAM or a striker in a counter attacking side, it's a night and day difference to the role he's expected to play at united.

I really do wish him the best and I hope he chooses to stay at West Ham as it suits him, and he can actually be a good player for them. If people expect him to return in the same form you'll be very surprised.

Born2Lose

I backed him for a long time as a squad player, his biggest problem it seems to me is that he's very immature at 28 and I don't think he'll magically find the dedication to be an option for United.

It's interesting how a handful of good performances for West Ham can change minds about two years of dross performances for us.

Dante

Average bang
Buying VdB for £40m and selling Lingard for £30m would weaken the squad and make us financially poorer.

Great business.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
You just know after this loan he'll end up signing a new 5 year contract on 200k a week, and go back to the same old shite he was producing here :lol:

He's been playing as the CAM or a striker in a counter attacking side, it's a night and day difference to the role he's expected to play at united.

I really do wish him the best and I hope he chooses to stay at West Ham as it suits him, and he can actually be a good player for them. If people expect him to return in the same form you'll be very surprised.
I thought counter attacking is our most effective mode

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I thought counter attacking is our most effective mode
We rarely play like that anymore, only against City/Liverpool.

Most of the time we have teams pushed back and he hasn't got room to run into.

It's no coincidence his best performances came against the likes of Arsenal where we played that way.

Eugenius

I backed him for a long time as a squad player, his biggest problem it seems to me is that he's very immature at 28 and I don't think he'll magically find the dedication to be an option for United.

It's interesting how a handful of good performances for West Ham can change minds about two years of dross performances for us.
Why is he not dedicated? It was well documented he and Scott came back from lockdown the two fittest players in the squad. He's barely played this season and yet hit the ground running at West Ham.

Nickelodeon

Buying VdB for £40m and selling Lingard for £30m would weaken the squad and make us financially poorer.

Great business.
VdB and Lingard have got nothing to do with each other. It's not like Lingard wasn't given a chance at United. He made 40 appearances last season and his performances were shocking. While VdB hasn't worked out (yet), the reason he was bought is because of Lingard neither providing any competition to Bruno nor adequate cover. Getting any sort of money for Lingard, let alone 30 million, is a win in my book. He was truly dreadful for us and the worst possible influence on Rashford.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
I was having a nice relaxing bath having done my back in. I was listening to Talksport (wasn't the reason I did my back in), and my pleasure was interrupted by some fan suggesting that we could use Lingard as a bargaining tool to get Declan Rice.
Declan blimmin Rice? They should be paying us good money plus Lingard to take that overrated CDM off their hands. Which player do West Ham miss when he is missing? Rice? No. They just beat Leicester? Lingard? You bet.
It is an utterly daft trade, and I don't want Declan Rice who will not be good value. Please. No Declan Rice.
I would rather have Rice than Matic

Dante

Average bang
VdB and Lingard have got nothing to do with each other. It's not like Lingard wasn't given a chance at United. He made 40 appearances last season and his performances were shocking. While VdB hasn't worked out (yet), the reason he was bought is because of Lingard neither providing any competition to Bruno nor adequate cover. Getting any sort of money for Lingard, let alone 30 million, is a win in my book. He was truly dreadful for us and the worst possible influence on Rashford.
He only played 932 minutes in the PL and 416 minutes in the EL last season. Quoting 'appearances' is misleading.

Lingard and VdB are linked because they're our two options to be the backup to Bruno.

Lingard has averaged a goal or assist every 211 minutes in the league since his debut in 2015, so hardly a player with a poor history.

Yes, he had a bad couple of seasons. But he was never 'truly dreadful'. Certainly less so than VdB has been. Your bullshit conspiracy theory about Rashford is plain stupid.

Shark

@NotShark
As bad as VDB had been I think some are also jumping the gun in relation to Lingard. He could easily come back here and stink the place up again. His form for West Ham has been great and I'm delighted for him but it feels short lived.

SirScholes

Great business.
Nah getting lingard out the team has been the best for us both
We’re better with him not in the dressing room

georgipep

He only played 932 minutes in the PL and 416 minutes in the EL last season. Quoting 'appearances' is misleading.

Lingard and VdB are linked because they're our two options to be the backup to Bruno.

Lingard has averaged a goal or assist every 211 minutes in the league since his debut in 2015, so hardly a player with a poor history.

Yes, he had a bad couple of seasons. But he was never 'truly dreadful'. Certainly less so than VdB has been. Your bullshit conspiracy theory about Rashford is plain stupid.
There is a reason why he only played so few minutes, you know.

Also, he was truly dreadful to the point that Ole had to shout and curse at him for being so dreadful. Yes, he had personal circumstances and maybe there is context there, but he was truly dreadful.

And to top that, his best appearances for us where in a Mourinho team that is set up to absorb pressure and hit on the counter where there is enough space for him to operate. Just like now at West Ham. Ole's United is going in a very different direction and I can't see how Lingard would fit. If we get £30m for him, I'd be extremely happy both for the club and for him.

Nickelodeon

Let's get this clear. Are you actually suggesting that Lingard wasn't given enough chances? He looked the worst player on the pitch for us even in games like Tranmere and the EL game against Astana where he was given the captaincy.

The point against VdB is not relevant because no one is in awe of his performances. Being a new player, he's just being afforded some time and support. Similar to what was given to Lingard for many, many seasons. If VdB has a similar season next time around, people will want him out like they did in Lingard's case.

Yes, he had a bad couple of seasons. But he was never 'truly dreadful'.
If you genuinely believe this, you've either never seen him play or you come with an agenda. Ole is probably the last manager to throw players under the bus but even he lost his cool with Lingard during a game.

Your bullshit conspiracy theory about Rashford is plain stupid.
You can call it a conspiracy theory but two players coming out with the exact same vain post (0.012%) at the same time, after an extremely poor season for the club, is what I would call a huge error of judgment. When one of them is 5 years older than the other, I would call him a negative influence. And it wasn't Lingard's only social media indiscretion, he gave another one just few months later.

Ranchero

You could have just said nonsense it's not a swear word.

West Ham aren't a poor team but they are a poorer side than United. It's obvious Lingard can be the main man there which he would never be at United.
Listen, I have had a ban for less

Ranchero

[QUOTE="trevor newnham, post: 27061570, member: 98314"
I would rather have Rice than Matic
[/QUOTE]
That's like saying I'd rather drink wee than eat poo.

OverratedOpinion

Lingard has been absolutely incredible for West Ham, he has not just scored a few but genuinely been the lifeblood of a team closing in on top 4.

With that said, people insulting those of us who correctly pointed out that playing with him was often like playing with 10 men are ridiculous. People can do bad things then do good things in life. I am pleased for him that he is doing well but he was quite poor for us for more games than he wasn't.

::sonny::

Griezmann

Lingard Messi

-///-

Mbappe

Neymar Lingard

-///-

Benzema

Lingard Asensio

-///-

Lewandowski

Lingard Gnabry

OverratedOpinion

Is there a way to find out who is the top scorer in the league since the new year?

Surely he is in the top 2 or 3.

Walters_19_MuFc

Is there a way to find out who is the top scorer in the league since the new year?

Surely he is in the top 2 or 3.
Not sure but there's this.

9 - No player has been involved in more Premier League goals than Jesse Lingard since his debut for West Ham on February 3rd (6 goals, 3 assists). Rebirth. #WOLWHU

Since this tweet, he has gone on to score two vs Leicester and one today, making it 9 goals, 3 assists.

RU Devil

Watching him vs Chelsea, you can see that he's the focal point for West Ham's attack and is very good at it. The quick touches & driving runs are coming off and makes one wonder where was this for the last few years. I think part of it is a sense of freedom, as any mistakes aren't as magnified if he was a United player. Plus as the main creator instead of just a cog on a better team, he HAS to do & try more. I doubt he would provide similar results for United as there are better players ahead of him along with bigger egos/presences for him to provide a similar boost. He needs to be the focal point to get the best out of him, but he couldn't be the one at United.