Linkin Park lead singer commits suicide

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
My brother went to see LP like less than a month ago :(

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
feck sake. Hell of a voice which I believe was effected by nodules a few years back which may have effected him. Rip

Yagami

Good post resistant
Oh no. Linkin Parks earlier stuff is probably my favourite music ever. May he rest in peace. :(

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Damn, they were my favorite band when I was a teenager. Used to listen to in the end and numb on loop.

RIP to him.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Do singers/musicians have a higher propensity for suicide, or does it just seem like that? I could make up all sorts of presumptions about the sensitivy and validation required for such a role, but I could just be waffling into the wind.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Do singers/musicians have a higher propensity for suicide, or does it just seem like that? I could make up all sorts of presumptions about the sensitivy and validation required for such a role, but I could just be waffling into the wind.
They do. They are all very eccentric people, especially the singers from the rock bands.

NYAS

Night ruined. Absolutely devastated. His music was a massive part of my life.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Wasnt massive fan of their music, some really good songs. However, managed to see them live a few times and this guy had one if the best live voices I've ever heard. So talented

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
RIP. I listened to a fair amount of LP in my formative years when they were on Kerrang almost non-stop.

I hadn't heard of his friendship with Chris Cornell but I did hear him calling out his own fans over 'old shit v new shit' type stuff. Not the kind of thing you take seriously at the time but obviously he was having a terrible time.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
The sheer amount of alcohol and drugs probably doesn't help I'd imagine for people with those attributes.

Moonred

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Very sad that through his singing he was able to help so many people even by a small measure or temporarily but nobody could help him. Such an iconic voice.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Loved their music when i was younger. Breaking the habit, Numb and in the end(amd its numerous versions) were my go to songs. What a shame. RIP.

Castia

Fecking hell.

Loved these when I was younger, i seen them twice in Manchester.

RIP such a shame.

A younger me always wanted those flame tattoo's he had on his wrists.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
:( Loved these guys in my teens. Still love to listen to them now and again.

RIP

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
That's awful. Linkin Park were the first rock band I got into when I was a young teen and for many others too. Poor guy.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I haven't got the figures for you but it wouldn't be difficult to believe they do.

When the highest of highs wear off I can imagine it's hard to get motivated. Then weigh in the copious piles of drugs and the unsustainable lifestyles that often lead to bankruptcy.

I imagine there's a lot of loneliness and paranoia when the papers are running bullshit stories about your personal life too.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Holy shit. I used to listen to them all the time when I was younger. I only just re-listened to Collision Course 2 days ago.

Super nice guy as well. Met him before their Sydney show in 2011 and was a super cool dude. This really is saddening :(