Lionel Messi’s Obscene Contract

cyberman

Mid 20s Messi was worth it, not the Messi over last few years

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
If you ever needed any proof of why Barca are a billion quid in debt...

We thought Messi's wages were astronomical at £1 million a week, turns out they've been paying him double that.

Needham

That more or less means he doesn't have to think about the cost of anything when he goes shopping.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Out of control.

Devil81

When you see those figures it does make me question how it got to that figure.

Did Messi's representatives just throw out a random figure and Barca just said yes first time.

Those sums are gross and makes me see him as a greedy little individual in the current climate.

I don't know much about what Messi does in terms of charity but if I was earning 2 million pounds a week I'd like to think I'd be be doing loads of good work for causes.

Sara125

When you see those figures it does make me question how it got to that figure.

Did Messi's representatives just throw out a random figure and Barca just said yes first time.

Those sums are gross and makes me see him as a greedy little individual in the current climate.

I don't know much about what Messi does in terms of charity but if I was earning 2 million pounds a week I'd like to think I'd be be doing loads of good work for causes.
Here is a breakdown of how it got to that figure

Devil81

Got this from blue moon. How reliable is this guy?
Why does he bloody care, he's fecking loaded.

He's coming across a pretty sad individual in his decline. No wonder a lot of his teammates don't like him.

luke511

He hates being painted as a villian, surely he'll be leaving Spain after this. We should sign him.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Weird thread title?

Bartomeu offered this deal. Should have stuck to Barcelona principles. Base the team around La Masia players, find next Messi, not give aging Messi £2m a week! Crazy.

Neo galactic policy transfer was total stupidity.

Judas

Open to offers
Messi has always come across like a tosser, I think a lot more people will speak out about him once he retires. Best ever, but as a person? You don't hear many positives.

Sara125

Why does he bloody care, he's fecking loaded.

He's coming across a pretty sad individual in his decline. No wonder a lot of his teammates don't like him.
I’d assume if that guy is credible and Messi really is planning to sue them that it’s more about the principle than for the money, because tbh it does look like the contract was strategically leaked to make Messi look like an even bigger asshole for wanting out when he’s earning all this money

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Imagine being so good at your job you can hold one of the most prestigious and best clubs in the world to half a billion.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Obscene amounts of course but Messi received what the management did want to give...

Stacks

€138m (£122m) each season like a quarter of their revs on one player. I never understood why a player who was birthed at a club would take them to the cleaners so much. Does he not realise it will affect their ability to sign players and also impact their debt? In basketball we have seen players take lesser contracts so that their team has Cap space to sign a third Star player. Lebron, Steph Curry have done this. Guess Lional isn't cut from that cloth.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Mid 20s Messi was worth it, not the Messi over last few years
NO player is worth bankrupting your business. There is no chance Messi is worth half a billion over four years, none.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
PSG/City tried hard to sign the player several years ago so it is fair to think PSG made Barcelona in a difficult position with Neymar and Messi :wenger:

Needham

Imagine what he'd have been able to negotiate if he looked like Ronaldo.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Watch the mes que un club cultists strongly proclaim his deep love for the club and deny any mentions of greed or money grab.

Sure, the management offered it, but at the same time he must realize that he's seriously impacting the financial situation of a struggling club he claims to love.