Lionel Messi’s Obscene Contract

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Why did Barcelona refuse to sell Messi last summer when he publicly stated that he wanted out, and he had offers from Paris and City? Why were Barcelona willing to go to court against Messi (publicly stated too) to make him stay?
Because he wanted to go on a free, at least that was the clause he tried to activate. Then his release clause is a lot higher than 100m and it was more of a political thing where he send the burofax and made things public in order to make Bartomeu leave the club.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Because he wanted to go on a free, at least that was the clause he tried to activate. Then his release clause is a lot higher than 100m and it was more of a political thing where he send the burofax and made things public in order to make Bartomeu leave the club.
Messi always wanted to leave, the burofax was because he genuinely wanted to leave. Barto leaving was just icing on the cake

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
This thread has become the place where people talk about their expertise in macroeconomics and fitness. And futurology.

Tallis

l foresee the inevitable future leak of how much he is really getting paid.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Messi really should have forced his hand and joined City when he put in his transfer request. He'll retire as more or less a one club man(mls doesnt count) but Barcelona arent going to win the league nor the CL for the remainder of his time there.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Messi really should have forced his hand and joined City when he put in his transfer request. He'll retire as more or less a one club man(mls doesnt count) but Barcelona arent going to win the league nor the CL for the remainder of his time there.
bookmarking this my friend, don’t think he’ll win CL but I can see barca winning another league before leaves the club

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

“Messi’s Barca renewal almost impossible”

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
It's not true though.

Barcelona have players they can sell, they're just refusing to.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I have no idea whats going on anymore, contrary rumors every few hours, for days/weeks.

Woodzy

How did Barcelona become the biggest laughing stock in football? I thought that was going to forever be Spurs.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Imagine what this place would be like if we found ourselves in the state Barca are in.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
It's not true though.

Barcelona have players they can sell, they're just refusing to.
And rightfully so. They have 2 players they can really sell for a big profit : Pedri and De Jong. Sacrificing one of them for 1 or 2 extra season of Messi would be a terrible choice.

JB7

Is it really a coincidence this comes out a day after every La Liga club comes into serious money with the deal yesterday? Guy just doesn’t want to take a pay cut.

Jev

Can someone explain the connection here? I've read a few articles but can't seem to make sense of it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can someone explain the connection here? I've read a few articles but can't seem to make sense of it.
For me its one of two things.
  1. Messi is tired of waiting for Barca to sort out their finances.
  2. Barca think it is impossible to get gn Messi and still meet regulations.
We should note that even without Messi's wages, Barca are still over €100m in the hole.

kps88

This whole thing is like a drawn out break up. One side needs to be strong and pull the band aid off already.

copen1945

City with Grealish, Kane and Messi will be obscene. Only the masterful footballing mind in Levy and the Arabs at Psg can save football. Strange days.

Jev

For me its one of two things.
  1. Messi is tired of waiting for Barca to sort out their finances.
  2. Barca think it is impossible to get gn Messi and still meet regulations.
We should note that even without Messi's wages, Barca are still over €100m in the hole.
I meant the connection to the Super League and new La Liga deal.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I know this is an old video, but still :lol:

marktan

With Barca's fecked finances they really should just let Messi go. The time's going to come soon anyway, he's 34, the decline will start sooner rather than later.

Where he goes will be fun if so. This summer's been one of the more interesting silly seasons with a lot of big names on the move.