Lionel Messi | PSG Watch

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I honestly couldn’t care less how he does in that league. What a complete anticlimax to an incredible career.

predator

Youth NITK
Doesn't do too much to his legacy in my opinion. He's the best ever and going to PSG at 34 years of age doesn't change that. I would have loved to see him in the Premier league but oh well.

LARulz

He could have gone anywhere but chose the club offering him the most money

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hope he does great there. Best footballer I've seen, easily. And glad he didn't come to the PL for our sake. I do wish the French league had one more quality team.

Anduin

I admit it, I will watch lots of PSG next season. What a team they have! Messi will be on like 50 games, 50 goals, 30 assists a season if he manages to stay injury-free. He was the best player in La Liga last year, so he will probably walk through Ligue 1 most of the time (literally).

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
"If he wanted to challenge himself, he would come to the PL and test himself against the likes of Brentford and Norwich and Burnley"

Anyway, GOAT level player. He'll have a few good seasons at PSG.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I admit it, I will watch lots of PSG next season. What a team they have! Messi will be on like 50 games, 50 goals, 30 assists a season if he manages to stay injury-free. He was the best player in La Liga last year, so he will probably walk through Ligue 1 most of the time (literally).
Doubt it, given his age. With Neymar and Mbappe he'll probably have an even more creative/playmaking role. I'll admit I'll be watching PSG more too.

Cloud7

I don't get Ligue 1 matches on TV, so watching the league matches will be tough, but I'll definitely be tuning in to every match they play in the CL. With Neymar and Mbappe there I feel like he's going to go even more into a playmaker role rather than a goal scoring forward role. Excited to watch them play together. Hopefully Poch sets up the team behind them properly to give them the platform they need to really go at their opponents.

Mr Smith

Shame we didn't get a chance to see him in the PL, but would have had to go to City for that to happen, so I suppose that's a bullet dodged.

Nick7

Pele went to the New York Cosmos in the twilight of his career and it didn’t hurt his legacy.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Got shoulders like Marlo Stanfield in the OP

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mbappe is going to be loving life running onto Messi's passes :lol:

They'll probably hit cricket scores every game.

WhoAreYou?

Supports
Barcelona
25 million per year after tax. Weird other clubs werent in it for him? Thats crazy cheap for a free GOAT agent haha

stu_1992

I don't like him going there, but I'm selfishly hoping for his debut in Brest in a couple of weeks.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
25 million per year after tax. Weird other clubs werent in it for him? Thats crazy cheap for a free GOAT agent haha
He said himself he had lots of offers.

Probably just wants to take it easy playing with his mate Neymar and enjoying Paris. Can't say I blame him.

His heart is with Barca so why not just take the money and enjoy his last few years? I'm glad he's not come to England to be honest.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Interesting team to say the least. That CL campaign next season will be Awesome. If he wins it with them, he will be even more legendary

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Think it's a good move him. Essentially a retirement option for european football. Whatever he pulls off in the french league though will be kind of meh because how it's stature. Think he'll get 30 goals and a ton of assists. They have a good shot at the CL, but Neymar-Suarez-Messi was a stronger frontline than this one considering Messi's age. TBH I will still be watching PSG highlights to see how he performs.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Plays against everyone in a very lop-sided easy league all season to try win the CL when it matters with a team that has hardly been in any sort of competition with competitive tolls all through the season.

Same career, same style :drool:

GOAT is in Ligue 1 :lol:

DWelbz19

So around 63.63m before taxes, or 1.2m/week.

There was no way that we could have afforded anything like this.
1.2m a week to win the French league. Madness.

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
Does anyone else compare their salaries to these players'?
Makes my stomach turn.
I mean, sure he deserves it and all, but it still makes me sick.

As for his career, it is even more important for the football Gods to ensure that they don't win the UCL.

DWelbz19

Mbappe is going to be loving life running onto Messi's passes :lol:

They'll probably hit cricket scores every game.
Imagine if they had Pogba behind that too. Just through balls to Mbappe all game

MadMike

"If he wanted to challenge himself, he would come to the PL and test himself against the likes of Brentford and Norwich and Burnley"

Anyway, GOAT level player. He'll have a few good seasons at PSG.
If he had come to the EPL for City then he'd be challenging himself against United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal.

France doesn't have any teams at that level beyond PSG. He's actually chosen to "challenge" himself against the Brentfords and Norwichs of France. He's gone to a farmers' league in a Bugatti.

WhoAreYou?

Supports
Barcelona
People acting as if Messi is still in his 2010 prime. These are the last few years of his career. Weird to put that much pressure on Messi while they did not do that with Beckham, fat Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, CR7, etc. He is in the twilight of his career. Let the man enjoy the game, instead of wanting him to score 25 goals against the EPL top 6, while playing for Leeds or West Ham.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Very boring and plastic end to a great career for a legend like Messi.

It won’t feel right seeing him play for PSG

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
If he went to City he'd be challenging himself against United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal. France doesn't have any teams at that level beyond PSG, it's all Brentfords and Norwichs. He's gone to a farmers league on a Bugatti.
He doesn't have much to prove against top English teams, he's given every one of them a top performance at least once in his career.