Lionel Messi | PSG Watch

tenpoless

Cant even stay fit in the farmers league. Fraud confirmed.

So he was injured but refused to be subbed and didn't want to shake his manager's hand who took him off to protect him a.k.a doing a manager's job.
This is the person that his fanboys worship like a god.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Has Poch been told not to sub him off again unless Messi is OK with it, and that whole narrative about the knee injury a smokescreen? Seems a tad strange to only talk about that now, given Messi's reaction to being subbed.
It was reported a few days ago

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
I remember saying that Mbappé, Messi and Neymar might never start more than a dozen or so games as a trio. Looking more and more plausible by the day- not just because of injuries to the latter two, but because Icardi and Di Maria will usually be playing against the likes of Rennes and Metz.

If Messi had signed for City and was getting such limited gametime I think I'd be pretty frustrated right now.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
So he was injured but refused to be subbed and didn't want to shake his manager's hand who took him off to protect him a.k.a doing a manager's job.
This is the person that his fanboys worship like a god.
No, he didn’t know the extent of the injury at the time and was passed he was subbed off. At the end of the day Poch was right to take him off

BlueDutch

Supports
Chelsea
Oh and by the way, Messi was clearly the best player at WC 2014 alongside Arjen Robben. Everybody who says something different hasn't watched him play or doesn't understand what he's talking about.Give him another face and another name and literally nobody would question that it was deserved.
I know you are one of the biggest Messi fanboys so I'm not surprised you say this. Love is blind in this case.

Messi was pretty good in the group stage but he was invisible in the quarter-finals, semi-finals against the Netherlands (did he play?) and the final against Germany. He played total hide and seek and he really disappointed me at that World Cup.

RedDevil@84

No, he didn’t know the extent of the injury at the time and was passed he was subbed off. At the end of the day Poch was right to take him off
Huh what? Now Poch is a doctor with X-ray eyes?

Poch's decision was either

Strategic - Which resulted in Messi getting pissed off and refusing to shake hands. But PSG won eventually. So in some way Poch was vindicated.

or

Medical - Which means Messi knew that his knees were not allowing him to continue and Poch was right to sub him. So it was a d*ck move from Messi to not shake hands.

There is no logical scenario where Poch knows how injured Messi is while Messi does not feel a thing.

Pickle85

Strategic - Which resulted in Messi getting pissed off and refusing to shake hands. But PSG won eventually. So in some way Poch was vindicated.

or

Medical - Which means Messi knew that his knees were not allowing him to continue and Poch was right to sub him. So it was a d*ck move from Messi to not shake hands.

There is no logical scenario where Poch knows how injured Messi is while Messi does not feel a thing.
Hilarious the lengths that people will go to, to defend the indefensible. There's no situation here in which that snub was anything other than childish and disrespectful. As you say, it's not like Messi could have been unaware of his injury while those on the sidelines were aware. He had his pride hurt and threw a strop.

DoomSlayer

Imagine if PSG gave Messi the biggest contract in the sport and it turns out his body can't handle the game at the top level anymore? It would be hilarious. :lol:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I know you are one of the biggest Messi fanboys so I'm not surprised you say this. Love is blind in this case.

Messi was pretty good in the group stage but he was invisible in the quarter-finals, semi-finals against the Netherlands (did he play?) and the final against Germany. He played total hide and seek and he really disappointed me at that World Cup.
Fanboy yada, yada. Thing is, apply the same standards you applied to Messi and every player in the tournament was a disappointment.

Nobody is saying that his WC was up there with Maradona, R9 or Pele. But there simply was no better player 2014. I mean, people are even naming Müller as an alternative best player - that should tell you enough. The only real contendor was Robben, like it or not.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

or

Wrong on all accounts. Messi was grabbing his knee. And then he continued to play on a minute or two afterward. Then Poch subbed him off and after the match said that he took Messi off as a precautionary. Messi felt he was fine to continue to play but after the match they did find a bone contusion. It was a misunderstanding but Poch was right to take him off. Perhaps adrenaline made messi feel he could have continued playing. We’ve seen plenty of players be pissed off at being subbed off.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Imagine if PSG gave Messi the biggest contract in the sport and it turns out his body can't handle the game at the top level anymore? It would be hilarious. :lol:
Imagine thinking this is even remotely what is happening considering he’s hit the woodwork 3 times already and about to win another ballon d’or :lol: :lol:

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty

did you watched the any of those games?
or you just looked up the stats and found, oh no goals and no assist, Messi was invisible in the last few games.
I mean how can anyone say he was invisible against Belgium when he literally fooled both Felliani and Witsel to start the attack for Higuian's goal, or the beautiful pass he made for Di Maria.
Against Holland, again he created three clear cut chances, which his teammates did not finished.
I think only thinks he can blamed for was bottling the clear cut chances against Belgium and Germany.

TheReligion

Abusive
Big mistake going to PSG. He's lost a bit of credibility in my eyes. Thought he was a 'football man' and would put the before his bank balance.

Definitely a black mark against him.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Big mistake going to PSG. He's lost a bit of credibility in my eyes. Thought he was a 'football man' and would put the before his bank balance.

BS considering other footballers are the highest paid in their respective league’s history.

it’s about CL

gorky_utd

Then he should have done more to help barca when covid started. Destroyed them financially then left for PSG in the first chance.

cyberman

He lost credibility by trying to stay at the shit show of a club in Spain then pretend he moved for CL glory despite trying to stay at a side worse than Spurs.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

or

There is also the possibility of adrenaline and body temperature allowing players to continue playing despite feeling a little pain during games but once they rest, a few hours later then they realize they have an actual injury and something not to worsen by playing too soon.
Poch didn't know the full extent of the injury and just wanted to take precautions with such an important asset for the club

trims

Supports
Arsenal

He got MoTM in R16. He broke the record for most completed dribbles in a WC game. He went on a solo run from the middle of the pitch in extra time to assist Di Maria on a plate. Is that not pretty good?

Invisible against Belgium and Germany? :houllier:

RedDevil@84

There is also the possibility of adrenaline and body temperature allowing players to continue playing despite feeling a little pain during games but once they rest, a few hours later then they realize they have an actual injury and something not to worsen by playing too soon.
Poch didn't know the full extent of the injury and just wanted to take precautions with such an important asset for the club
I understand all that. But I somehow don't feel it is right that Messi believed that he was ok to continue, but Poch unilaterally took a decision to take him off. Usually managers have a word with their players and then decide to take them off.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I understand all that. But I somehow don't feel it is right that Messi believed that he was ok to continue, but Poch unilaterally took a decision to take him off. Usually managers have a word with their players and then decide to take them off.
Not this time though, french sideline reporters said Poch decided it on his own. Otherwise Messi wouldn't have reacted like that

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Really like Messi as a player but him joining PSG could potentially be one of the worst decisions player of his statue has made.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Wrong on all accounts. Messi was grabbing his knee. And then he continued to play on a minute or two afterward. Then Poch subbed him off and after the match said that he took Messi off as a precautionary. Messi felt he was fine to continue to play but after the match they did find a bone contusion. It was a misunderstanding but Poch was right to take him off. Perhaps adrenaline made messi feel he could have continued playing.

What adrenaline?

Guy spent all game walking round taking a backseat. He wasn't even sweating when he came off because he barely got involved at all. Safe to say there was ZERO adrenaline running through his veins. I bet his heart rate was the same if he was playing with his kids in his backyard.

TheReligion

Abusive
Nah, you Can find TONS of highlights of footballers getting mad at being subbed off but keep pushing your bs narrative
I don't know what you are talking about. I've not mentioned him being subbed off. I said I don't think he's made the right move to PSG.

DaGOAT

So far in Messi’s career:

755 goals
315 assists
36 trophies
58 freekicks
55 hattricks
50 league goals in a season
73 goals all competitions in a season
91 goals in a year
30 or more club goals in last 13 seasons
8 Pichichi (top scorer in Spain)
6 European Golden Shoes
6 Ballon d'Or
6 FIFA Best Player
1 World Cup Golden Ball
2 UEFA Best Player

tomaldinho1

755 goals
315 assists

36 trophies

58 freekicks

55 hattricks

91 goals in a year

6 European Golden Shoes

6 Ballon d'Or

6 FIFA Best Player

1 World Cup Golden Ball

2 UEFA Best Player
0 goals at the Bet365 though

Pickle85

755 goals
315 assists
36 trophies
58 freekicks
55 hattricks
91 goals in a year
6 European Golden Shoes
6 Ballon d'Or
6 FIFA Best Player
1 World Cup Golden Ball
2 UEFA Best Player
Amazed he's only taken 58 free kicks in his career

VanKenny

How much does it pay for him to win next balon d or's too? (2022). Can you even do that bet?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Underwhelming start to his league 1 career so far.