Lionel Messi | PSG Watch

cyberman

His sides have been on the end of some shockers in the second half of his career

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
What’s he going to do? Fake retirement again?

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
This group should be easy enough for Argentina to qualify still, but this is a funny result after everyone acted like their name was already on the trophy.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Thought he was in good form this season, any chance this has something to do with his muscle overload reported days ago?

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
He has an overload of the bottlerius maximus.
He has a wife you know. You know what she's called? She's called Incontinentia. Incontinentia Buttocks

Another shocker from Messi on another important game, to nobody's surprise I imagine.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Why do I have the feeling that many in here couldn't wait for something like this to happen? :lol:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Why do I have the feeling that many in here couldn't wait for something like this to happen? :lol:
Without var he'd probably have 2 goals and 1 assist. Still once Saudi equalised him and Argentina were average. Still making this the legacy test for old men on their last legs is unrealistic.

shahzy

Ligue 1 proving once again it's a piss take of a league where Messi ran off to. Ronaldo is washed up too now but atleast he doesn't hide probably because his ego is too big to play in a 'lesser' league haha

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
Has Messi announced his latest retirement from the Argentina National Team yet?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He's just old, given his work rate Argentina just might be better off without him. I think we will see the same issue with Ronaldo and Portugal.

Gehrman

He's just old, given his work rate Argentina just might be better off without him. I think we will see the same issue with Ronaldo and Portugal.
Yeah, there is also the "look for Messi", when going forward. Him and Di Maria just don't have energy and pace anymore. It becomes Messi FC rather than Argentina. Much of the team looks bang average though.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Yeah, there is also the "look for Messi", when going forward. Him and Di Maria just don't have energy and pace anymore.
It's a bigger issue against high energy/work rate teams you can't afford 1 player slacking off. The thing about Argentina they have good enough players on the bench to make it work without Messi.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Without var he'd probably have 2 goals and 1 assist. Still once Saudi equalised him and Argentina were average. Still making this the legacy test for old men on their last legs is unrealistic.
Haven't watched, so can't really say anything about his performance yet.

Ligue 1 proving once again it's a piss take of a league where Messi ran off to. Ronaldo is washed up too now but atleast he doesn't hide probably because his ego is too big to play in a 'lesser' league haha
Thanks for proving my point :) Still, I have absolutely no desire to have this discussion with you

SerendipityNow

Supports
Barcelona
Argentina is simply not good enough, average midfield and defence. The problem is not Messi, but peoples expectations of him. He still need world class players around him.
So its time for their other attackers to step up and take some responsibility also. At the age of 35 he is still their best attacker.

Gehrman

To be fair, Messi is finished. Even Qatar would have kept him quiet.
Definitely on his last legs. However Saudi Arabia were genuinely great in the 2nd half. No matter how much we may mock them they were good in this match. Tactically they got it all right.

Gehrman

You don't often hear much about Messi not getting any service, because he's usually expected to create his own goals. We'll he is 35. At this point he probably needs some if he's supposed to create as well. But yeah he's past it mostly.

GinobiliTheGOAT

He has a wife you know. You know what she's called? She's called Incontinentia. Incontinentia Buttocks

Another shocker from Messi on another important game, to nobody's surprise I imagine.
Messi was far from shocking today, not great but he’s been quite good this season on the whole

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He scored one and had another one ruled offside, he also set up two more offside goals. Messi was not the issue.

Saffron

Messi was the best outfield player on the pitch according to WhoScored. Including the entire KSA team.

Just admit you don’t watch football if you think he ”bombed”.

GinobiliTheGOAT

poor take, comfortably their best player over the last few years even now. The stats back it up too, 10 goals and assists and his last 8 matches which is a lot more than you can say for Ronaldo

Gehrman

He scored one and had another one ruled offside, he also set up two more offside goals. Messi was not the issue.
2 of those only marginally offside as well. Still they were offside. Still not a terrible game from him. Could have wished for more of course.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He did get a goal but he wasn't great today.

As for finished not sure about that. He's declined of course but he has been doing well for Argentina and club this past year. Have to say that neither of those teams (or any teams) come across an opponent with the physicality and intensity I saw from SA today. It was amazing. Argentina as a whole found it hard to deal with them.

Let's see if they're to pick themselves up and qualify from the group.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Messi was the best outfield player on the pitch according to WhoScored. Including the entire KSA team.

Just admit you don’t watch football if you think he ”bombed”.
Whoscored would rate Messi an 8 even if he had a heart attack in the first minute of the game.

SerendipityNow

Supports
Barcelona
A Messi bottle job special happens so often it's predictable.
Not sure if serious but football is a team effort and lets face it, Argentina is not good enough. Off course he is past his prime.
But he did score today, so if the defenders\Goalie did their job, Messi would be Mom then? Short line between heaven and hell.

So if he was allowed to not adhere to the rules of the game, he’d probably have 2 goals & an assist.

You realise how odd that sounds right ?