Lionel Messi \ Signs for PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He will surely play for Paris. He has no other choice.
It is known what happens with the galactic model. It doesn't always work out, although PSG fans are going to enjoy it a lot, as we Madrid fans did in their day.
Thinking about Ramos/Messi I inmediately think of Ronaldinho / Beckham in their Milan version. Galácticos, but old galácticos, and I thought that after Beckham years ago they had already passed that phase.

I think there is a team that wants to give you fresh money so that you can complete the squad with more suited players
I read somewhere that Galactico business model was a huge success for Real Madrid. It hugely increased Real Madrid's marketing power and also the revenue. I believe the next cycle starts with Mbappe + Haaland + Pogba next summer.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I read somewhere that Galactico business model was a huge success for Real Madrid. It hugely increased Real Madrid's marketing power and also the revenue. I believe the next cycle starts with Mbappe + Haaland + Pogba next summer.
All players will be leaving on a free?

UpWithRivers

I just find it mad Neymar, Messi and Mpbappe possibly the best 3 in the world might all be playing in a B league. Whats next Rangers/Celtic get bought out and they start buying Haaland, Kane and whoever the next superstars are. Best thing PSG could do with their millions is figure out how to make the rest of the league more competitive. Maybe they buy Bellingham, Haaland , Kane and loan them out amongst the league. Recall them if they clubs getting too good. :lol:

Andersons Dietician

Bit of a dick move towards one of your greatest ever players trying to block him from probably the only club that is realistically in for him.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I see, I wasn't even thinking of his goals/assists when talking about this but purely financial revenue based on the fact they had Messi, I don't think you'll ever find an actual set of data to prove or disprove that, but I wouldn't be shocked that Messi is directly responsible for 30% of their revenue, players like him have such a huge impact on the economy. I remember Lebron leaving the Cavaliers for the first time and the damage to the economy of Cleveland was estimated at over $200m. How they figured that? Who knows? Could it all be sensationalist bs? Maybe.
Yes the numbers that get released in the media are the most sensationalist. A number of companies (Forbes, PwC, etc.) make estimates about those sorts of things, all relying on different data and different models, with caveats about how to interpret x, y and z.

The media have no interest in a complicated story about company a said this and company b said this and here’s why the numbers differ. So they just take the biggest number.

Over time companies adapt their methods to create the biggest number because it’s exclusively used for PR value, it isn’t intended to inform anyone. They charge lots of money for the real number crunching, the free stuff is just to put their name in the papers.

Andersons Dietician

There's bad blood between Barcelona and PSG going back to the Neymar signing 4 years ago.
Seems it’s not the club from what I just read but a fan group trying to stop it. Seems like one of those things where Barca just need to accept it knuckle down and sort themselves out.

They need to keep Fati, Pedri and DeJong although if he is making near 400k a week then he might need to go as well unless they shift Griezman, Coutinho,Pjanic.

Ladron de redcafe

Seems it’s not the club from what I just read but a fan group trying to stop it. Seems like one of those things where Barca just need to accept it knuckle down and sort themselves out.
I agree. Barcelona's priority has to be to sort out their finances at the moment, more than anything else.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I just find it mad Neymar, Messi and Mpbappe possibly the best 3 in the world might all be playing in a B league. Whats next Rangers/Celtic get bought out and they start buying Haaland, Kane and whoever the next superstars are. Best thing PSG could do with their millions is figure out how to make the rest of the league more competitive. Maybe they buy Bellingham, Haaland , Kane and loan them out amongst the league. Recall them if they clubs getting too good. :lol:
Ligue un really isn't that bad anymore. The french crowds are always great and have some pretty competitive matches. I'd genuinely rather watch that than La Liga these days.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
That would be awesome

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
What a shit show this is turning out to be, now Barcelona are trying to sue him even though he has no contract with them? Apparently trying to block him moving to PSG as a free agent? What right do they even have to do that? I'm glad My United is not getting close to this Mess guy he's too much trouble!! All that is remaining now is for Spain come up with his tax evasions.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Barca are really embarrasing themselves aren't they?

RedDevilzFox

I genuinely believe Barcelona wouldn't mind him landing at United. Not one bit.
I have never felt Barcelona ever cared that much more about United than they do City. With Pep and Txiki being there specially.
Regardless, this is hardly Barcelona's decision.

Marooned

I wonder how come PSG has the money to buy Messi but ManUtd doesn't? Not complaining or anything, just curious what's the reasoning for this from financials point of view

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I wonder how come PSG has the money to buy Messi but ManUtd doesn't? Not complaining or anything, just curious what's the reasoning for this from financials point of view
Who told you United couldn't offer Messi a contract? I'm sure they could, but he's either got zero interest in coming and/or United has no interest in throwing their salary structure out of the window by bringing him in.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I have never felt Barcelona ever cared that much more about United than they do City. With Pep and Txiki being there specially.
Regardless, this is hardly Barcelona's decision.
It's in line with Madrid's approach. The state-owned club screwed them. City have been a bit more respectful towards them but they still do not like what they represent. The two historical Spanish clubs love United.

RedDevilzFox

It's in line with Madrid's approach. The state-owned club screwed them. City have been a bit more respectful towards them but they still do not like what they represent. The two historical Spanish clubs love United.
Which is ironic because in many ways Madrid and Barcelona are state "supported" themselves.

samolocix

Supports
United
Everybody talking about Messi to PSG, but where will Icardi end up ?

Rolaholic

Everybody talking about Messi to PSG, but where will Icardi end up ?
Back to Italy maybe? I know he and his wife burned their bridge at Inter but I could see another club like Roma going after him with Dzeko on the way to Inter.

No way is he sticking around once Messi joins given their history

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Back to Italy maybe? I know he and his wife burned their bridge at Inter but I could see another club like Roma going after him with Dzeko on the way to Inter.

No way is he sticking around once Messi joins given their history
Iccardi + wanda and Jose... yeah thats gonna be interesting

I thought he would be a good option for spurs if they dont get martinez

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

This is a tad unreliable too considering the source, but apparently Diego Monroig, another journalist for ESPN Argentina, is saying that Messi has another competing offer from a club in London

Status
Not open for further replies.