Lionel Messi \ Signs for PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Back to Italy maybe? I know he and his wife burned their bridge at Inter but I could see another club like Roma going after him with Dzeko on the way to Inter.

No way is he sticking around once Messi joins given their history
I'm out of the loop on this. What happened?

youmeletsfly

Espn Argentina now saying that Barca(actually LaLiga) made him an offer to stay.

It would be funny as hell for his PR stunt to have worked.

dinostar77

UncleBob

The registration issue still exists for Messi and the rest of the new players. Still surprised that la liga dont somehow make an exception for the greatest player of his generation and one of the all time greats.
:lol:

Logi

Maybe not official after all? La Porteria (usually reliable) on Twitter saying there is a new offer from Barcelona, but then again Fabrizio not mentioning anything about it.
If he ends up staying in Barcelona, I have a feeling Riola might regret PP posting the tweet about being ready for a new season with us!

Not allowed to post media yet, hence no links.

choccy77

Press still saying United may attempt to go in for him.

Not sure we actually need him.

Rather A younger more reliable solid midfielder which we are still missing.

Ladron de redcafe

Maybe not official after all? La Porteria (usually reliable) on Twitter saying there is a new offer from Barcelona, but then again Fabrizio not mentioning anything about it.
If he ends up staying in Barcelona, I have a feeling Riola might regret PP posting the tweet about being ready for a new season with us!

Not allowed to post media yet, hence no links.
Conflicting reports because some Catalan sources are denying that an offer was made. Almost everyone agrees that Messi and Jorge Messi are studying the terms of the PSG offer before signing, and won't be flying until every i is dotted and every t is crossed.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Barcelona need to cut another €130m before they can even register any of their new signings. How could they offer Messi anything other than playing for free?

PSG will be an easy life for Messi, can coast through 80% of games and will get paid loads. If he actually wants a challenge he should look elsewhere though.

cyberman

Barcelona need to cut another €130m before they can even register any of their new signings. How could they offer Messi anything other than playing for free?

PSG will be an easy life for Messi, can coast through 80% of games and will get paid loads. If he actually wants a challenge he should look elsewhere though.
Being tested each week is key to a player keeping sharp as he gets older. This move could age Messi quicker than any other.
Plus PSG just inherited Barca’s problem of Messi not running in CL games. Everybody thinking this is the key for CL success are going to be in for a shock

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Press still saying United may attempt to go in for him.

Not sure we actually need him.

Rather A younger more reliable solid midfielder which we are still missing.
I'd take him in an instant. If only to watch a Barca supporting, United-hating Liverpool-leaning friend's head explode.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Being tested each week is key to a player keeping sharp as he gets older. This move could age Messi quicker than any other.
Plus PSG just inherited Barca’s problem of Messi not running in CL games. Everybody thinking this is the key for CL success are going to be in for a shock
Yeah, especially given the lack of work rate from PSG's attack was influential to their exit from the CL against City.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Will be good fun watching PSG this season though.

Poch trying to placate all those egos... Team will be pretty much unmanageable.

Expect some huge wins and also huge defeats.

croadyman

Will be good fun watching PSG this season though.

Poch trying to placate all those egos... Team will be pretty much unmanageable.

Expect some huge wins and also huge defeats.
Yeah Ramos, Neymar, & Messi all in the same dressing room, one thing you can say is that they have got one hell of a spine to that team and done some sensational business this window even though there is crazy wages involved

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Apparently De Jong is on his way out as well according to Talk Sport.
Romano named drop a few for sale in his interview with goldbridge the other day. Although the list wasn't comprehensive he mentioned Coutinho, Umtiti and Pjanic.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

He can’t play for free. La liga rules state you must receive at least 50% of your last contract

croadyman

The same agent Donny who didn't get a sniff all of last season and would definitely be phased out entirely if we signed De Jong? :lol:
Call me nuts but just got this feeling we are going to see a different player this season, clearly he has been working on bulking himself up during the pre-season because feels that's the way to go in this league

Status
Not open for further replies.