Lionel Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
why not start a similar thread on ronnie while you are at it.
1. Because I don't want to.

2. Because I don't think he'll become the greatest player ever.

3. Because there'd be no point.

4. Because I don't want to.

5. Because I don't think he'll become the greatest player ever.

aaaand so on.

kthnxbai

GusHiddink

Alex Ferguson will not win another champions leagu
In the berbatov thread trying to push the deal thr
FFS, this is turning into another Messi Vs Ronaldo thread.
Rightly so, these threads are pathetic. Messi puts in 5 or 6 performances and he's been hailed as some diety.

Ronaldo inspires a side over the course of a 2/3 seasons culminating in a league and cup double and still has question marks over him? please.

When's the last time messi played 20 games in row.

GusHiddink

1. Because I don't want to.

2. Because I don't think he'll become the greatest player ever.

3. Because there'd be no point.

4. Because I don't want to.

5. Because I don't think he'll become the greatest player ever.

aaaand so on.

kthnxbai
This is because you are a mug.

You catch highlights of a barcelona game and see messi pull off some outrageous bit of skill then feel the need to spout your nonsense on here. Save it.

FFS you're using the olyimpics as part of your justification for this hyperbole. Get a grip

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Rightly so, these threads are pathetic. Messi puts in 5 or 6 performances and he's been hailed as some diety.

Ronaldo inspires a side over the course of a 2/3 seasons culminating in a league and cup double and still has question marks over him? please.

When's the last time messi played 20 games in row.
So it's his fault if he gets injured, about him putting 5-6 performances, you might aswell watch him since late August just to keep it short

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

You catch highlights of a barcelona game and see messi pull off some outrageous bit of skill then feel the need to spout your nonsense on here. Save it.
FFS you're using the olyimpics as part of your justification for this hyperbole. Get a grip
Messi dominates games better and much more often than Ronaldo. So that's a stupid comment.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

:lol:

You absolute mongtard, show me where I've said anything about the Olympics... I haven't mentioned it once FFS.

In fact I haven't even fecking thought about it - Soccer in Olympics = bullshit.

Stop ruining a genuine thread, pillock. Be off with you.

FranklyVulgar

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
Even when Messi was 18 he would have games where he showed so much on the pitch. His often telepathic like comunication with Ronaldinho in those days was astounding. I could liken him to Fabregas in that even at such a young age his decision making and all round play was like that of an experienced player.

Messi is the greatest player of his generation.

People always talk about goals, Messi has a very impressive goal scoring record and an even more impressive assists tally. If players put away even half the clean cut chances Messi sets up he would be pushing 50 assists a season.

If goals were all that counted in football then why isn't the golden boot winner automatically the ballon d'or winner?

IhabX7

Did Messi do anything really special in the last month? must've missed it altough I watched almost all their matches..

Merman

Even when Messi was 18 he would have games where he showed so much on the pitch. His often telepathic like comunication with Ronaldinho in those days was astounding. I could liken him to Fabregas in that even at such a young age his decision making and all round play was like that of an experienced player.

People always talk about goals, Messi has a very impressive goal scoring record and an even more impressive assists tally. If players put away even half the clean cut chances Messi sets up he would be pushing 50 assists a season.

If goals were all that counted in football then why isn't the golden boot winner automatically the ballon d'or winner?
What an incredibly stupid comment. He is the most talented of his generation, but it is too early to say that he is the greatest.

kouroux

no its not his fault...tell you what we'll just forget his injury track record..its not important...carry on. :houllier:
I don't even know what you're on about . As I've said earlier Ronaldo has accomplished more than Messi so far but Lionel has got the potential to become better than Ronaldo ,that's all.
For you everything is either white or black

GusHiddink

you're a grade A mug mate. Good luck to you.

GusHiddink

I don't even know what you're on about . As I've said earlier Ronaldo has accomplished more than Messi so far but Lionel has got the potential to become better than Ronaldo ,that's all.
For you everything is either white or black
Ok... well walcott has more potential than messi. Perhaps walcott will be the greatest player ever?

kouroux

Ok... well walcott has more potential than messi. Perhaps walcott will be the greatest player ever?
Walcott ? It's not the same league
Anyway ,it's not because someone has potential that he'll automatically fulfill (sp ?) it ,that's my major point if you did make the effort my previous posts.

GusHiddink

Walcott ? It's not the same league
Anyway ,it's not because someone has potential that he'll automatically fulfill (sp ?) it ,that's my major point if you did make the effort my previous posts.
so you say...prove it. I say messi is at a higher level now but walcott has more potential.

even wenger says so :smirk:

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=918122

2 can play this ridiculous game my friend ;)

FranklyVulgar

Fanboy.

Same could be said about Ronaldo dear.
:lol:

I You calling me Fanboy? your name is related to Ronaldo, you spend meticulous amounts of time compiling compilations to make Ronaldo look as good as possible and take personal offence to anyone who has a difference of opinion regarding "your" Ronaldo.

The only thing Ronaldo has over Messi is physical attributes.

People churn out the same Ronaldo is still progressing whilst ignoring that Messi is at least 3 years his junior. Messi should be compared to players at the same stage in development but he is already compared to players with 3-4-5-6-7-8 years his experience because of his talents.

I'm pretty sure if Ronaldo did leave in the summer and went to Madrid you lot would probably pay a lot more attention to football outside of the Prem. You might even watch full real Madrid games and then maybe full Barcelona games and actually see what all the fuss is about.

kouroux

red2deadboy

It matters when you're being compared to Maradona who played for the same national team albeit weaker and won the World Cup on his own. It might be the difference between one of the best ever and the best ever.
Why does this statement get wheeled out by the subbuteo football brown foundation. The argentian national team had quite a few worldclass players and would still have challenged for the worldcup without maradona. Maradona was the difference between the top teams at that time, though to say he won the tournament on his own is just stupid.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
As ever, a topic about Messi degenerates into a slagging match between the Ronaldo and Messi fanboys. How predictable.

FranklyVulgar

GusHiddink

As ever, a topic about Messi degenerates into a slagging match between the Ronaldo and Messi fanboys. How predictable.
How predictable messi strings 5 games together and some egit puts up a thread about him being potentially the best player ever... move along.

I'm sorry for disrupting your tugging session.

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet

Random drug testing should be extended to forum members

GusHiddink

Messi should be compared to players at the same stage in development but he is already compared to players with 3-4-5-6-7-8 years his experience because of his talents.
This is the sort of hyperbole that was applied to rooney a few years ago. He still has a way to go to reach ronaldo's level even though there is no denying his quality.

Maestro Minded

I thought people were judged by what they were performing and not what they potentially could perform. Right now, Messi is nowhere near Ronaldo. I can’t understand how people can discredit somebody who’s scored 42 fecking goals in a season, AS A MIDFIELDER.

kouroux

I thought people were judged by what they were performing and not what they potentially could perform. Right now, Messi is nowhere near Ronaldo. I can’t understand how people can discredit somebody who’s scored 42 fecking goals in a season, AS A MIDFIELDER.
He was no midfielder come on :lol:

Addict

Ronaldo will be the best player ever. He is miles better than Messi.. I don't know why people over rate him so much. :houllier: Messi will be a sick note in a few years time.. he is always getting injured the fecking puff.

VP

People mentioning that Barca game, you do realize that it was Messi who was marking Scholes and then stopped allowing him to score.

FV you mention Ronaldo's physical attributes. You do realize that Messi is also very lucky in his physique, in that being so small with such a low centre of gravity helps him dribble.

Wes

I think Messi's superb to watch. He glides past people in the way that you rarely see in other players, but I don't think he has everything to his game, and will regularly get kicked out of games due to lack of strength. He'll be regarded very well, but I don't think he's the greatest footballer to ever have walked the planet. Maradonna, Pele, Best, Zidane, De Stefano, Garrincha are all light years ahead imo.

This question is about predictions - I predict no.

FranklyVulgar

My answer to all the people doubting Messi, try watching 90mins of him and don't spout the usual "he did nothing against United over two legs" typical trash. Ronaldo has played i don't know how many games this season and everyone has come with a "not back to his best, still recovering from injury" back up plan.

In the last game i watched Messi play he dominated the game for 90mins creating countless chances for himself and his team mates. That is something i don't remember Ronaldo doing. even when he was banging in the goals it would usually be him finishing a chance rather than dominating the game or taking it by the scruff of the neck.

kouroux

Ronaldo will be the best player ever. He is miles better than Messi.. I don't know why people over rate him so much. :houllier: Messi will be a sick note in a few years time.. he is always getting injured the fecking puff.
I think it's as bad as anything posted by Frankly on Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.