Lionel Messi

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Is anyone surprised he is perhaps having his worst season?
Barcelona should have let him go.
I predicted this would be his worst season ever since he made his name. But I think apart from team going to shits with a mediocre manager and that he doesn't want to be there anymore, I think overall he won't ever have a season again like last one where he won a Ballon D'or. He might play as a more offensive Pirlo'ish midfielder who will score more goals than him, but I don't think he'll ever be back to being a freak of nature.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
He’s been shocking in some of the games I watched him this season but it does look like he’s improving. He has 4 goals and 2 assists in his last 4 games contributing a goal or assist in each of them. 3 of them have been away games while I believe he failed to score or assist in his first 6 away games of the season.

To be fair he was never going to keep up being as ‘bad’ as he was at the beginning of the season. Wouldn’t be surprised to still see him hit around 20 goals in La Liga by the end of the season.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
13G, 4A in 24 matches for his worst season in years. Many players would never those stats in their entire careers
He will probably end up with 40 goals/assists by the end of the seasons. Him and Cristiano are just mental mental players. If not for Barcelona he needs to perform for himself, if he wants to justify the million pounds per week wage/salary in his next club.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Not really a surprise. We’ve seen it many times with Ronaldo and Messi. They go through a poor form and the narrative that they’re finished comes up only for them to prove the others wrong.

Granted Messi has been bad this season but it looks like he’s up a level. Would like to see him in the EPL next season.

Red Star One

now this is really disgusting and in a serious league would result in a long long ban. Lad is frustrated, you can tell that.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
What's left for them to win now? CL? I'm not really following their league much but last I saw Atletico are top and they're a fair bit behind? Surely this is it now and he's leaving come summer, they need to just accept and plan for his post exit. Nothing that these presidential candidates selling the 'project' to him can do to change his mind, it's all pandering to the fans anyway, time to move on both for parties.

Ladron de redcafe

how moronic, his first red card ever with Barca
His location says Portugal. Just to put things in context.

Regarding the red card, most La Liga based journalists seem to be saying that it's a 4 match ban for violent conduct. If so, I don't see how he gets anything less. This looks pretty cut and dry.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He will be banned for league games or only cup games?

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
His location says Portugal. Just to put things in context.

Regarding the red card, most La Liga based journalists seem to be saying that it's a 4 match ban for violent conduct. If so, I don't see how he gets anything less. This looks pretty cut and dry.
It was a stupid foul so whatever they decide, it is what it is

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I told you, people will blame his age but he is a shadow of his former self without Xavi and Iniesta in the team.

Trophies, success, loyalty now personality et all

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I told you, people will blame his age but he is a shadow of his former self without Xavi and Iniesta in the team.

Trophies, success, loyalty now personality et all
Good that you told us, everyone will watch the his games and records without Xavi and Iniesta and think otherwise, but after reading your post people will finally realise he is nothing special.

Bebestation

Good that you told us, everyone will watch the his games and records without Xavi and Iniesta and think otherwise, but after reading your post people will finally realise he is nothing special.
I think he is a very special player, I never said otherwise but life was easier playing with Xavi & Iniesta under possession football where the ball was on the floor and he could do as he pleases at his tempo because the tempo was set by Xavi & Iniesta :drool:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I think he is a very special player, I never said otherwise but life was easier playing with Xavi & Iniesta under possession football where the ball was on the floor and he could do as he pleases at his tempo because the tempo was set by Xavi & Iniesta :drool:
I don't think anyone ever denied that.

RashyForPM

It's completely out of Messi's character and any claim to the contrary is dishonest.
No it isn’t. Let’s not be blinded just because it’s Messi, like all the refs who piss themselves when having to make a decision on whether to card Messi after snidey headbutts, pushes or slaps. It’s embarrassing that last night was the first red in his club career.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Life is always easier in better teams considering, you know, it's a team sport.

Bebestation

Life is always easier in better teams considering, you know, it's a team sport.
Guardiola's Barcelona is probably to some the best tactically footballing team aswell - the same thing we saw ooze in to the Spain national team with all their world & European cups. Messi unlike Maradona did nothing unfortunately. Anyway, it's not particularly interesting to talk about I just like to see him have one final lift in his career by himself maybe when he decides to leave Barcelona at the end of the season and that would be fantastic.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Guardiola's Barcelona is probably to some the best tactically footballing team aswell - the same thing we saw ooze in to the Spain national team with all their world & European cups. Messi unlike Maradona did nothing unfortunately. Anyway, it's not particularly interesting to talk about I just like to see him have one final lift in his career by himself maybe when he decides to leave Barcelona at the end of the season and that would be fantastic.
Same old weak arguments. Messi is one of the greatest ever regardless of these silly Iniesta Xavi brainless opinions. He doesn't need a "final lift", he has been consistently at alien like levels of quality for a decade. He's had a bit of a fall off this year but it's bound to happen with age and especially being in a poor side that you were set to leave.