Lionel Messi

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Guardiola's Barcelona is probably to some the best tactically footballing team aswell - the same thing we saw ooze in to the Spain national team with all their world & European cups. Messi unlike Maradona did nothing unfortunately. Anyway, it's not particularly interesting to talk about I just like to see him have one final lift in his career by himself maybe when he decides to leave Barcelona at the end of the season and that would be fantastic.
He scored so many crucial goals for Barca when all they could do is pass it to eternity, he would just take the ball and score a great individiual goal that had nothing to do with tactics, Xavi, Iniesta or whoever. But people like you tend to ignore it. He is also the sole reason Barcelona are anyhwere near the top after thw Xavi/Iniesta era with so many shit players and manager in their team over the years.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He scored so many crucial goals for Barca when all they could do is pass it to eternity, he would just take the ball and score a great individiual goal that had nothing to do with tactics, Xavi, Iniesta or whoever. But people like you tend to ignore it. He is also the sole reason Barcelona are anyhwere near the top after thw Xavi/Iniesta era with so many shit players and manager in their team over the years.
Err Messi was amazing, but you don’t really have to refer his Barca teammates as “shit players” to emphasis your points. Post Xavi/Iniesta era they still have Neymar/Suarez in attack, Busquests/Rakitic in midfield, Pique/Alba in defense etc, not exactly shite players. Their “worst players” in recent years are Countinho and Dembele, who was easily the best player in Liverpool/Dortmund before joining Barca.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Err Messi was amazing, but you don’t really have to refer his Barca teammates as “shit players” to emphasis your points. Post Xavi/Iniesta era they still have Neymar/Suarez in attack, Busquests/Rakitic in midfield, Pique/Alba in defense etc, not exactly shite players. Their “worst players” in recent years are Countinho and Dembele, who was easily the best player in Liverpool/Dortmund before joining Barca.
Iniesta was still there at Barcelona after Neymar left aswell.

Bole Top

I told you, people will blame his age but he is a shadow of his former self without Xavi and Iniesta in the team.
indeed, everyone suffer from playing in worse and disfunctional team. if anything, your wet dream hero is the perfect example of that; as soon as he left Ballon d'Or winning midfielder and world cup winning midfielder, he couldn't even compete with Quagliarella and Immobile anymore and was losing against the likes of Ajax and Lyon. and now, it looks like Lukaku is going to steal him the only thing he was capable of winning with Juve.

as good as he is, Messi shouldn't be expected to be exception in this regard. the only difference is - he actually was capable of Ballon d'Or season without them, and was perfectly capable of leading the goals & assist table year after.

MS4

Wow. It's really his first redcard, thats impressive. The greatest ever will receive the greatest number of kicks during a match and he only lost his head once.
It's not like the other player touched him 2 times before and Messi tried to block/fight back.
When i read it, i thought it's way worse. Clear red obviously but if this other played did this for 120 mins and is still on the pitch, i would be mad as well

Oranges038

now this is really disgusting and in a serious league would result in a long long ban. Lad is frustrated, you can tell that.
He's frustrated in the 120 minute of a game, he lashed out on a player that was dragging out of him. More of a push than a punch or anything else, he pretty much palmed the guy on the back of the neck/head. But he goes down and rolls around holding his face? That just shows he wasn't really hurt.

He got a red for it and rightly so, any further action than the normal suspension would be pathetic and hypocritical. I remember Ujfalusi only got two games for nearly breaking Messi's ankle, it was far worse than this "slap".

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
He's losing his head.

I'd love to see him on another team, doubt he makes the move to the PL. I could see him going the easy route to PSG next year or just staying with Barcelona.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
He's losing his head.

I'd love to see him on another team, doubt he makes the move to the PL. I could see him going the easy route to PSG next year or just staying with Barcelona.
you do realise, unlike the self prioritising EPL pundits and fans, most of the professional footballers don't consider EPL the all end of football. So what's up with these "easy route" thing.
Plus apart from Man City or PSG, who can pay his insane wages. He isn't to cut down anything less than Cristiano is getting at Juventus.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
you do realise, unlike the self prioritising EPL pundits and fans, most of the professional footballers don't consider EPL the all end of football. So what's up with these "easy route" thing.
Plus apart from Man City or PSG, who can pay his insane wages. He isn't to cut down anything less than Cristiano is getting at Juventus.
Because anything outside of the PL is a step down. PL would be great, Serie A would be good.

b20times

He's obviously cutting a frustrated figure out there under the current conditions at Barcelona.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Because anything outside of the PL is a step down. PL would be great, Serie A would be good.
for you maybe, but I don't think, a player who won everything in club football, would care to come to EPL, just so he can convince random Joe in pub/internet that he still got it.
Plus even if he comes to EPL, and say joins Man City, and wins EPL, do you want that? Unless he joins United, I don't want him in EPL.

RashyForPM

He's frustrated in the 120 minute of a game, he lashed out on a player that was dragging out of him. More of a push than a punch or anything else, he pretty much palmed the guy on the back of the neck/head. But he goes down and rolls around holding his face? That just shows he wasn't really hurt.

He got a red for it and rightly so, any further action than the normal suspension would be pathetic and hypocritical. I remember Ujfalusi only got two games for nearly breaking Messi's ankle, it was far worse than this "slap".
The bias is unreal, and so are the excuses for a piece of pure petulance :lol:

Fridge chutney

No it isn’t. Let’s not be blinded just because it’s Messi, like all the refs who piss themselves when having to make a decision on whether to card Messi after snidey headbutts, pushes or slaps. It’s embarrassing that last night was the first red in his club career.
Yeah... A player who just received his first red card in 17 years of playing professionally is now "in character" when he gets his first red.

I'm not the one who is blinded here.

RashyForPM

Yeah... A player who just received his first red card in 17 years of playing professionally is now "in character" when he gets his first red.

I'm not the one who is blinded here.
Yeah because the amount of red cards in a player’s career determine how clean he is. Read up on this Italian defender from the 80s called Claudio Gentile. He got zero red cards in his career and is one of the dirtiest players in history. About Messi though, does the headbutt against Roma come to mind? Pushing Robertson in the head? Not giving Davies his shirt just because Barca got smashed 2-8? There are many other instances too. He is nowhere near as nice as people like you make him out to be.

dinostar77

I think its justifiable to look back at Messi's career at Barcelona and say they should have achieved more. For all his talents, he has 4 CL trophies. Should have been double that. I blame Barcelona board and Messi to a degree.

Fridge chutney

Yeah because the amount of red cards in a player’s career determine how clean he is. Read up on this Italian defender from the 80s called Claudio Gentile. He got zero red cards in his career and is one of the dirtiest players in history. About Messi though, does the headbutt against Roma come to mind? Pushing Robertson in the head? Not giving Davies his shirt just because Barca got smashed 2-8? There are many other instances too. He is nowhere near as nice as people like you make him out to be.
1 comparable instance in his 17 year career does not mean that red cards for violent conduct are now typical of his character. He's also one of the most fouled and targeted player in the history of the game, so I'd argue that the fact he only has 1 red card in his career is a testament to his fair play character.

Oranges038

The bias is unreal, and so are the excuses for a piece of pure petulance :lol:
No bias or excuses, just calling it as it is. He got his red, to call for more severe punishment is quite frankly pathetic. I have simply highlighted, an incident in the past he was on the end of worse and the offender only got a 2 game ban.

He was frustrated and palmed a player to the ground, the guy was holding his face but was "hit" in the back of the head. I don't know about you, but when I get hit or hurt during a game, I usually put my hand to the source of the pain.

Anyway, you let your hatred for him shine through, seems the only one showing any bias here is you.

Fridge chutney

No bias or excuses, just calling it as it is. He got his red, to call for more severe punishment is quite frankly pathetic. I have simply highlighted, an incident in the past he was on the end of worse and the offender only got a 2 game ban.

He was frustrated and palmed a player to the ground, the guy was holding his face but was "hit" in the back of the head. I don't know about you, but when I get hit or hurt during a game, I usually put my hand to the source of the pain.

Anyway, you let your hatred for him shine through, seems the only one showing any bias here is you.
Bingo.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
How do you determine that he palmed him? You can’t see his hand from any of the angles from what I can see?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's losing his head.

There's nothing easy about being at PSG. You win the league, it's expected nothing special, you lose it, it's an embarrassment, you lose the CL, it's a failure. There's really nothing easy about being at PSG when it comes to the pressure and expectations.

Oranges038

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Really not that bad to be honest, more of a swipe/slap in the heat of the moment.

Obviously deserves the red for lashing out but nothing more than the usual ban.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Last edited:

RUCK4444

Should be more than a red imo. Whether it’s open palmed or a punch you can’t swing full force at another players head.

Swung at him from behind as well the dirty rat. It’s a shocker.

RashyForPM

This is what I dislike about the Messi fan base. I’ve marvelled at him so many times including when we visited Camp Nou in 2019 and he destroyed us football-wise, but now I hate him even though I think he’s the second greatest player of all time. :lol: And I’m the biased one even though according to you, Messi “palmed” Villalibre. Are you lucky enough to be related to him or did Carragher borrow you his VR headset?

RashyForPM

I mean didnt Martial get a red with Lamela for palming him back :lol: it's a clear punch
Exactly. That was a palm. Messi right hooked the guy into next week and you still have his two relatives in this thread saying a two game ban is enough :lol:

Oranges038

This video shows the best angle in my opinion

The video showed by you and Marca (happens to be a Barcelona newspaper doesnt it?) shows a player running just inbetween the height of the punch :drool:

It's pretty funny, amazing player but not everyone has to be an angel :angel:
It clearly shows he more pushed him than punched him, even in the original video you can see the full of his hand as he brings it down. I'm just surprised he hasn't done this before given how much of this he's had to put up with during his career.

I get that it's Messi and it's his first red in Spain. I don't get the calls to give him a lengthier ban. It's not that bad, it's a red card and whatever is standard for it , anything more is over the top.

This is what I dislike about the Messi fan base. I’ve marvelled at him so many times including when we visited Camp Nou in 2019 and he destroyed us football-wise, but now I hate him even though I think he’s the second greatest player of all time. :lol: And I’m the biased one even though according to you, Messi “palmed” Villalibre. Are you lucky enough to be related to him or did Carragher borrow you his VR headset?
Unlike you, I have no agenda here, it's quite sad you went through so much effort to let your hate and bias shine through. I'm not a Messi fan, I don't even like Barca. I appreciate and respect him as a player, I don't love him or hate him. I am capable of looking it at it without the all of that. It was a red card offence, that's all.

If you think he right hooked him into next week, then I suggest you go and see how it feels to really get hit hard in the back of the head. I can guarantee you won't go down holding your face.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Thats a red card, no more than that. I don't know why people are comparing this to Pepe's assault, this is nothing compared to that.

RashyForPM

It clearly shows he more pushed him than punched him, even in the original video you can see the full of his hand as he brings it down. I'm just surprised he hasn't done this before given how much of this he's had to put up with during his career.

I get that it's Messi and it's his first red in Spain. I don't get the calls to give him a lengthier ban. It's not that bad, it's a red card and whatever is standard for it , anything more is over the top.

Unlike you, I have no agenda here, it's quite sad you went through so much effort to let your hate and bias shine through. I'm not a Messi fan, I don't even like Barca. I appreciate and respect him as a player, I don't love him or hate him. I am capable of looking it at it without the all of that. It was a red card offence, that's all.

If you think he right hooked him into next week, then I suggest you go and see how it feels to really get hit hard in the back of the head. I can guarantee you won't go down holding your face.
I don’t care where Villalibre held. He was struck in the head. Also, there’s no point carrying on this conversation if you just wum and call me a Messi hater. Just strange.

Oranges038

I don’t care where Villalibre held. He was struck in the head. Also, there’s no point carrying on this conversation if you just wum and call me a Messi hater. Just strange.
but now I hate him even though I think he’s the second greatest player of all time. :lol:
You admitted you hated him. At least be consistent.

I don't disagree with the red. My point was if Messi really hit hard in the back of the head, he would not be rolling round holding his face.

SirMonteyne

imagine if he is on current united lineup. AWB covers for him, having free role on right wing.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Scored 2 nice goals yesterday. Also made a beautiful pre-assist for the 5th goal.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Scored 2 nice goals yesterday. Also made a beautiful pre-assist for the 5th goal.

The lob to Griezmann was sick, shame he didn't bury it. Would have been one of his most beautiful assists ever.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
The lob to Griezmann was sick, shame he didn't bury it. Would have been one of his most beautiful assists ever.
Someone wrote in the commentary that it his 300th man of match award, but on whoscored they only started counting since 2009/2010 season where he has 287, so 300 sounds about right. Not excatly a bad record either despite their being no trophy for it.

RashyForPM

He’s just great, and his decline, while definitely happening, isn’t accelerating anywhere near as fast asmany people have said.