Lionel Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
The man's 32 and has lived most of his life in Spain/Barcelona. He's not just gonna dislodge his family out of the blue. Man's a family man. It counts for something.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wow it seems like this could actually be genuine?!

surely it’s not possible to anywhere but the oil clubs. Messi at PSG sounds likely with his friend Neymar.

Rolaholic

Popcorn time...

Gonna be quite disheartening if he joins City :lol::houllier:

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
He is joining one club if he comes to the prem. Man City. Still weirdly think he will stay even with all this "breaking" stuff

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Think he ends up at City or PSG.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I don't care if he doesn't fit the "bill", I want Messi here. Throw the book at him.

If he's going to the Premier League he should at least go to a club with a bit of history to play out his career, not waste the final days of footballs greatest player in a soulless oilwell like Manchester City.

Supports
Barcelona

Translation: "Messi informted the club that he wants to leave"

Bartomeu should be the one to leave. Been calling for his ousting for 5 years now. A firm, but diplomatic and loved manager, e.g Xavi, was needed. he'd control the dressing room, & won't let Messi leave. I love Koeman, but think he should be more cautious and diplomatic. Don't like how Suarez was treated, for example!

This is another clusterfeck by our smart president, and the biggest one. We are losing the GOAT. This should & will never be forgotten.

Last edited:

Bwuk

Where would Pep even play him.

I don’t think he’d play him wide in City’s 433, maybe a change to have him playing off Aguero?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
.....to refer to the clause in his contract which allows him to leave for free at the end of each season.

Whaaaaaaaat ?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Are we signing the current Messi? I thought we wanted the next one?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The man's 32 and has lived most of his life in Spain/Barcelona. He's not just gonna dislodge his family out of the blue. Man's a family man. It counts for something.
True. He’s joining Espanol. Close to the kids’ school.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I really wouldn't rule out us. The marketing potential would be insane.
Plus,didn't the Glaziers just tie up Brady ? arguably the best whatever he does in the world. Imagine having the two major sporting figures in their particular field playing for your clubs/brand.

F*ck it,I'm Messi in.

CG1010

I doubt he would want to go to Italy, would seem to follow Ronaldo, which his ego won't allow him to do.

Premier league is certainly possible, with the chance to earn a lot among the major leagues and a chance for him to face another challenge. Agree with the others that City would be the likely destination in that case. Which is extremely sad for us personally.

Bundesliga would be another option? Would Bayern take him?

Bwuk

If we sign him (big IF), how do you guys think he will do here ?
We’d have to change formation to more of a diamond so he can play centrally and have runners around him.

Martial - Rashford
Messi
Pogba - Matic - Bruno​

Something like that.

joedirt87

Bartomeu leaking this info so he can look like a savior when Messi signs an extension.

RedDevil@84

Messi is pure mafia. Blackmails the club to surrender to his will.
Not that I see Bartemou as capable.

Woodzy

If it’s free we could absolutely find his wages for a year or two. We would definitely be in the running.

Would be a host of other clubs in for him as well though if it just comes down to wages.

kps88

I really wouldn't rule out us. The marketing potential would be insane.
Plus,didnt the Glaziers just tie up Brady ? arguably the best whatever he does in the world. Imagine having the two major sporting figure in that field playing for your club.

F*ck it,I'm Messi in.
I don't see him leaving one club that needs a massive rebuild to join another that is in the middle of one. He'll want to join a team that could win the CL.

Rolaholic

Where would Pep even play him.

I don’t think he’d play him wide in City’s 433, maybe a change to have him playing off Aguero?
Who gives a feck when it's Messi :lol: , any club in the world would fit him in anywhere he wants in any formation

Status
Not open for further replies.