Lionel Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I really wouldn't rule out us. The marketing potential would be insane.
Plus,didnt the Glaziers just tie up Brady ? arguably the best whatever he does in the world. Imagine having the two major sporting figure in that field playing for your club.

F*ck it,I'm Messi in.
This is a myth that has existed for a decade without evidence. We don't sign players for marketing reasons. My bet would be Inter Milan.

jackal&hyde

This is almost certainly the case.
I know FFP is all but a joke now, but still, his wages are massive, they are not going to be able to hide that on the books especially in a time with a lot less revenue due to no crowds. We freed up a lot of wages by letting Sanchez go and a few more will be going by the end.

It's on i say. Messi 10 and Rashford 7?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Where would Pep even play him.

I don’t think he’d play him wide in City’s 433, maybe a change to have him playing off Aguero?
Is not a question anyone should ever ask about Messi :lol:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Feck it for Muppets - may be this is why we are stalling Sancho deal and Messi is not ruling us out.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
No way he’s going to go to United when we’re in such transition. He can obviously not be arsed with the impending Barcelona transition. Doesn’t strike me as the guy who wants a real challenge to end with. He will want to have it as chilled as possible. PSG bound.

CG1010

If we sign him (big IF), how do you guys think he will do here ?
He may be too deficient in the pressing part to be played centrally, so my guess is the 'Mata' role for us, playing freely on the right with license to roam around wherever he would like. And AWB left to mop up behind him defensively along with help from Matic.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The way things are going he’ll be a Chelsea player by the morning.

joedirt87

No way he’s going to go to United when we’re in such transition. He can obviously not be arsed with the impending Barcelona transition. Doesn’t strike me as the guy who wants a real challenge to end with. He will want to have it as chilled as possible. PSG bound.
Neymar in tears.

again.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He will stay. And even if he leaves now he is going to PSG to play with Neymar and ADM. No way he is moving to Manchester.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Spent his whole career there and he's their captain, surely he can't run away at the time they're at their lowest. Will be interesting to see what's the reaction of the Barcelona fans to this.

Idxomer

Spent his whole career there and he's their captain, surely he can't run away at the time they're at their lowest. Will be interesting to see what's the reaction of the Barcelona fans to this.
:lol:

Hulksmash

Relax guys Messi will not leave

Who is going to pay his 100M wages ? Messi is clever , he knows how he can pressure Barcelona.

Woodzy

I know FFP is all but a joke now, but still, his wages are massive, they are not going to be able to hide that on the books especially in a time with a lot less revenue due to no crowds. We freed up a lot of wages by letting Sanchez go and a few more will be going by the end.

It's on i say. Messi 10 and Rashford 7?
Nah, Messi 9 and Martial 11

Dr. StrangeHate

Where would Pep even play him.

I don’t think he’d play him wide in City’s 433, maybe a change to have him playing off Aguero?
Other than defenders and goal keeper you can play him in any position and he will still be the best in the world.

CG1010

One thing is clear.. IF he has decided to leave, he already has decided his club too.

joedirt87

One thing is clear.. IF he has decided to leave, he already has decided his club too.
Conte is staying, connect the dots. I can see Conte meeting with the owner of Inter saying get me Messi or I leave.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He will stay. And even if he leaves now he is going to PSG to play with Neymar and ADM. No way he is moving to Manchester.
Well this is the caf so default starting position here of course.

Rolaholic

I'd say he's done quite a bit more than his fair share for them already...

Took them from being the distant no.2 club in Spain to the biggest club in the world for a time period playing some of the best football we've ever seen.

They should be grateful for that and accept it if he truly wants to leave after giving them 15+ years of his life rather than be bitter ungrateful fecks

Last edited:

48 hours

So where would he go?

PSG would seem to be the obvious choice.
Pep (not money) could entice him to City.
I imagine Roman could fund him for Chelsea.
Dont think Juve can afford him and Ronaldo.
Would Ed and co offer wages that would be substantially more than Sanchez was on?

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
[RAC1] Barça confirms that it has received a bureaufax from Leo Messi asking to accept the clause of his contract to terminate his contract with Barça. The club says that he had until June 10 to terminate the contract and that it is in the hands of the legal services.

Supports
Barcelona
There was a thread here on the caf from like 12 years ago about cafites ready to donate one ball to sign Messi...I think your time has come.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
From what I have read looks like it is Inter?

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Someone above posted that they think it could be an underhand tactic to force Bartomeu to resign. I'd say thats spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.