Lionel Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I mean if he really wanted to piss Ronaldo off... He'd come to us :devil:

We'll win those trophies you're seeking... Honest.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Surely he'd prefer to play for Pep over us no ? Can't seem to understand the excitement.
You're right.

I feel excitement towards the general drama of it all, and then dread because he'll end up at fecking City

leet

We should give him anything he wants, there's absolutely no downside in trying

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This better not be a wum, I don't want to start my muppet season for nothing.
You really think that we would even consider signing him? Only two clubs come on my mind. City if he wants really new challenge and PSG if he wants to enjoy in football without pressure. Easy trophies, easy league to build up his stats and life in Paris.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
I always knew he would leave the club by the back door, not with a big celebration, like Xavi, or at least on amicable terms, like Iniesta.

Amazing how a player can tarnish a 15 years old legacy of, mostly, glorious memories (other than the UCL disasters of 18-20).

Unless he moves to Argentina or the MLS, Barça fans won't forgive him. Just imagine if he knocked out Barça in the UCL 20-21 with PSG or City...

Ventura

PSG or City, clubs pumping money out of the ground and with no FFP in effect. Can't see him going anywhere else.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Urgent meeting on behalf of the Barcelona Board of Directors with a very complicated environment at the moment.

Rolaholic

He's apparently faxed the club already, as per the club themselves, about activating a termination clause in his contract...

Gopher Brown

It’s a shame, but he’s not quitting Barcelona to come and live in Cheadle Hulme and teach Lingard how to dribble.

Cocks away, lads

Rake

We are not signing Sancho because we are saving the funds for Messi! Makes perfect sense

Not

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Might be the worst moment in recent football history if he goes to City

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
[RAC1] Barça confirms that it has received a bureaufax from Leo Messi asking to accept the clause of his contract to terminate his contract with Barça. The club says that he had until June 10 to terminate the contract and that it is in the hands of the legal services.
Just imagine if they lawyer the shit out of Messi so he is forced to sit out his contract at Barca. The city might actually get swept away by the shit deluge that would hit the club.

ti vu

No wonder, Ed didn't pull the trigger on Sancho...

Whatever

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I always knew he would leave the club by the back door, not with a big celebration, like Xavi, or at least on amicable terms, like Iniesta.

Amazing how a player can tarnish a 15 years old legacy of, mostly, glorious memories (other than the UCL disasters of 18-20).

Unless he moves to Argentina or the MLS, Barça fans won't forgive him. Just imagine if he knocked out Barça in the UCL 20-21 with PSG or City...

You are off your rocker. The fans absolutely forgive him, it’s the current board they’ll never forgive

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He has earned the right for Barca not to make this difficult.

siw2007

Never thought I would see Messi leave Barcelona apart from going back to Argentina (which may still happen).

Will be following this story closely, still a chance he stays. When it comes to us, I’m not sure whether I would take him, on one hand he is probably the greatest player in the world of the past decade and he would fit in well on the right hand side of our attack, but he really doesn’t fit our age profile and I bet his wage demands are insane. If he leaves Barca for England though I reckon it will be City pushing for him, otherwise Inter will go for him if he goes to Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.