Lionel Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He has 27 goals and and 25 assists this season in all club competitions. Fair to say that he's replaced Xavi?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He has 27 goals and and 25 assists this season in all club competitions. Fair to say that he's replaced Xavi?
Replaced Xavi? Xavi wasn’t just about assists. He ran the game like Scholesy did for us. Maybe even better. Messi can’t run a game. Sure he might be the best player in the world but he can’t dictate the pace of the game.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Replaced Xavi? Xavi wasn’t just about assists. He ran the game like Scholesy did for us. Maybe even better. Messi can’t run a game. Sure he might be the best player in the world but he can’t dictate the pace of the game.
Most ridiculous post I've seen in a while

Gehrman

Well Xavi played deeper for starters that's for sure. Messi scores a lot of goals on the other hand.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Really? I see nothing outrageous there. Messi isn't a metronome, dictating pace. That's not his strength.
Messi can totally disappear, he clearly isn't a metronome. He is just often unreal when he has the ball in the last third.

Steve Bruce

Your comparing apples with oranges.

Messi is fantastic but let's not be kidding ourselves that he'd be better than xavi in xavi's position.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
stick messi in midfield with De Jong + busquets or Pjanic and i think messi can dictate what he wants - his vision is incredible and his touch / passing is probably as good as anybodys in the world - sure he wouldnt be tracking back and the other two have to compensate for that - equally he would probably score less goals but he would be like KDB with a few extra goals i think

cyberman

stick messi in midfield with De Jong + busquets or Pjanic and i think messi can dictate what he wants - his vision is incredible and his touch / passing is probably as good as anybodys in the world - sure he wouldnt be tracking back and the other two have to compensate for that - equally he would probably score less goals but he would be like KDB with a few extra goals i think
But you get overran if your legs go. He will never be as good as Xavi or Iniesta in that role and they faded away around Messi's age now.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Why is this in the transfer forum? Take this discussion to the football forum.

if there are any valid links to discuss him transferring then discuss the transfer news

Jev

My muppet dream this summer. Seeing the best player of all time in the United shirt would be a dream come true.

I think the money is largely irrelevant. With the revenue from sponsorships, shirt sales and other commercial activities we'd probably make up most if not all of it.

I don't care that he's 33. He's still the best player in the world by far and had the one thing our attack lacks: experience. Plus he wouldn't hold back Greenwood for too long. He'd transform us like no other signing and make us instant title favourites. If we have even the slightest chance, we should pursue it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Most ridiculous post I've seen in a while
Fail to see what's ridiculous.
Many people just think Xavi, and Iniesta were all about passing and the occasional dribble.
The work both players did off the ball was incredible. Messi barely moves. Anyone that thinks Messi can play a CM role to that level at this stage of his career is dillusional.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Messi gets fed up and throws a hell out of the club: if there isn't a real change in him @FCBarcelona_es, an absolute restructuring, will not continue from 2021

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He needs to move elsewhere for the sake of the last few years of his career.

Gehrman

Where would be the most fitting destination for him? Leaving now would be leaving on a low but on the other hand Barcelona need reboot and start over. I believe he can still leave on a free if he wants to.

edgecutter

Isn't he on massive money? Very few clubs that could tempt him away from Barca and also pay the transfer fee needed to get him. I doubt he would want to go to City when you could live in a nicer climate in Barcelona.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Where would be the most fitting destination for him? Leaving now would be leaving on a low but on the other hand Barcelona need reboot and start over. I believe he can still leave on a free if he wants to.
His old club. I hope he never comes to PL, would be unbearable watching him tearing apart teams every week.

Gehrman

His old club. I hope he never comes to PL, would be unbearable watching him tearing apart teams every week.
I think prime Messi would tear the PL apart as he has scored more goals against the biggest PL clubs than most of the greatest PL strikers, but I'm not sure a 33-34 year old Messi would destroy the PL league. Personally I think he would be best deployed as a nr 10 playmaker in the center.

Suvvernmanc

He gets hacked to death in spain. Imagine the PL! He'd probably die. No chance ever he would come to England.

roonster09

Scout
I think prime Messi would tear the PL apart as he has scored more goals against the biggest PL clubs than most of the greatest PL strikers, but I'm not sure a 33-34 year old Messi would destroy the PL league. Personally I think he would be best deployed as a nr 10 playmaker in the center.
He will, which ever team buys him will anyways have high energy team so Messi in that team would be insane. He still contributed 46 league goals this season, that's a great record but just good enough for Messi.

roonster09

Scout
He gets hacked to death in spain. Imagine the PL! He'd probably die. No chance ever he would come to England.
Hazard managed just fine, so don't think it would be a problem for Messi. Luckily we will never have the answer for that. IMO he loves Barca and he will stay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.