Lionel Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Well this is the caf so default starting position here of course.
Aye. He’ll never want to play in Manchester. Unless Manchester City want him. Then he’ll love Manchester. I get the WUM opposition fans slating us constantly but even the united fans on this forum seem to have trouble realising what a big club this is.

I don’t think he’ll leave though. Seems like politics to me.

BorisManUtd

He's probably trying to get Bartomeu out of the club now. If he's really to leave then I expect him to go to City. Maybe PSG because of his relationship with Neymar. There were rumours about Inter and that would be interesting choice with Ronaldo at Juve.

Bole Top

imagine him coming to United only for P. Jones to injure both him and self in training for about 9 months.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
This is actually super exciting!!

I want to see him out of Barca and Spain.

Team up with Ronnie!! Give us fans the wet dream we have always wanted!!!!

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
He told Barca his decision by fax?:lol: Somewhere in Manchester Woodward is sweating in excitement.

Irrational.

Welcome to United, Lionel.
It's amazing on how many different layers Messi runs that club :lol:

Has there ever been a player in history that has a club by the balls as much as he has? He literally picks the manager, his team mates and now I've learnt of this clause that allows him to jump ship any time.

Rolaholic

Wait a min. Are there people who think it is not?
There's never been so much noise surrounding an exit for him and added to the fact it comes on the heels of one of the most embarrassing CL defeats of all time, I'd say there's quite a bit more smoke now than the usual haggling for more money/a longer contract...

Their president already announced he's not stepping down after firing everyone but himself and they'll only have new elections next year. Doubt he'd want to stick around until then if Bartomeu has no plans to leave

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This better not be a wum, I don't want to start my muppet season for nothing.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’s surely got a club lined up already? Or he thinks it will be enough for the club to feck Bartomeu off once the dust settles?

RedDevil@84

I didn't get it. Are they saying that he could have terminated the contract unilaterally, only till Jun 10 and now he does not have that option?

Art

Art the artist
Surely he'd prefer to play for Pep over us no ? Can't seem to understand the excitement.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
He's going to one of the Monarchy Clubs. Only PSG and City can reasonably navigate their way financially around a Messi contract.

red thru&thru

The crazy thing is, I don't think he actually fits in at any of the big clubs. Messi is great and all and I'd have him here but big teams now play with high press. Messi is not able to do that no more.

If you look at City, Pep was ready to get rid of Aguero because he didn't work hard enough. He was then persuaded to give Kun a chance & Kun stepped up and worked harder. Also with City, wasn't there stories that Messi and Pep had fallen out at the end of Pep's tenure?

Will be very interesting to see where he ends up, if he does go. Just can't see him Italy but might be his best fit. Inter?

KennyBurner

It's amazing on how many different layers Messi runs that club :lol:

Has there ever been a player in history that has a club by the balls as much as he has? He literally picks the manager, his team mates and now I've learnt of this clause that allows him to jump ship any time.
Lebron did the same in Cleveland and to some degree LA. That’s sports nowadays. The stars pull the strings.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Wow Puyol tweeting about it. This is actually happening.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I didn't get it. Are they saying that he could have terminated the contract unilaterally, only till Jun 10 and now he does not have that option?
This, however, he may have a case due to covid19 since the season was extended.

King Eric 7

Will be an upgrade over Dan James on the bench I guess and a pretty decent backup for Sancho :drool: heh

Status
Not open for further replies.