Lisa Naalsund signs

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The last of our "strongly rumoured" January signings is now officially signed. Experienced Norwegian midfielder. We have apparently paid a fee (maybe a big one for the women's team) for her, so I'm assuming she's expected to start - or at least be part of developing a "first 14" approach to starts and subs.

RORY65

This is the one I'm most surprised by of our January signings. The other 2 made sense because Riviere is a full back and we only have 2 while Cascarino can cover full back, centre back and holding midfield but it seems like Naalsund is very much a midfielder and given that we've paid a decent fee for her you would imagine she will be coming to play.

Skinner has never seemed that keen to change his midfield (Boe Risa never plays in the league for instance despite being quality) and he's not the most proactive at making subs (usually Martha Thomas to the right wing is the only change made in the first 80 minutes of games) so it will be interesting to see what the plan is here.

Grande

This is the one I'm most surprised by of our January signings. The other 2 made sense because Riviere is a full back and we only have 2 while Cascarino can cover full back, centre back and holding midfield but it seems like Naalsund is very much a midfielder and given that we've paid a decent fee for her you would imagine she will be coming to play.

Skinner has never seemed that keen to change his midfield (Boe Risa never plays in the league for instance despite being quality) and he's not the most proactive at making subs (usually Martha Thomas to the right wing is the only change made in the first 80 minutes of games) so it will be interesting to see what the plan is here.
I agree, it’s a bitstrange how little Bøe Risa has been used, and Naalsund will be aware of that. Also, Naalsund is very eager to secure a place in the national team, and former GPOTW and coach Hege Riise has been clear that she will emphasize playing time when picking her squads. So I’ll be surprised, in spite of Skinners relicyancy to rotate, if Naalsund isn’t given a fair chance.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Skinner:

“Lisa is back in as we gave her a few days off to recuperate.

“She's back in today in really good spirits and if she is available, it will be towards the last two to three weeks of the season.

“Hopefully there is still some football for her but there is going to be no pressure from us if it’s too risky in terms of [her] injury. We wouldn’t do that.”

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
On the pitch doing working individually and is expected to join team training either next week or the week after that. Should be fit for the final.