Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyKeaneReborn

Had hospitality tickets so went to my first game at Old Trafford today.

Martinez was absolutely class. So calm on the ball. Compared with the centre backs you’ve relied on for the last few years who only played safe passes it’s incredible how many opportunities to progress the ball up the pitch Martinez provides out of nothing.
I watched him live at the Barca game too, at OT. Fully agree. He was top notch class, composed under pressure, passed (forward!) really well, and kept Lewandowski in his pocket. Loved his shithousery too against the Barca players.

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Good first post. I liked the comparison with Passarella and Ayala. Pretty much spot on.
Thanks man, I've read so many times people mentioning Cannavaro, Puyol, Mascherano, but for me he is from this other lineage. He has everything to have a superb carreer (in fact he already has a pretty good one if he retires tomorrow) but timing must help too.

BorisManUtd

Every day out of nowhere I think of Licha's passing and overall style of play several times a day :drool: lovely player

IFC 1905

Thanks man, I've read so many times people mentioning Cannavaro, Puyol, Mascherano, but for me he is from this other lineage. He has everything to have a superb carreer (in fact he already has a pretty good one if he retires tomorrow) but timing must help too.

Fobal, Fulbo, what team do you support?

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Fobal, Fulbo, what team do you support?
Not River ;)...born a Boca fan and local Temperley follower when a kid...I just fecking love football as a whole

Last edited:

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Ok, I'm dissapointed, not going to lie.

I'll see if I can get the tickets today to watch Licha (and the whole NT) next week.
:D, I bet me naming such players you've thought I was gallina.

BTW regarding the match, let's hope it's not a mess, too many people I guess would try to go and if they are not prepared for that it could end badly it's not just a normal NT match, no matter the rival.

IFC 1905

:D, I bet me naming such players you've thought I was gallina.

BTW regarding the match, let's hope it's not a mess, too many people I guess would try to go and if they are not prepared for that it could end badly it's not just a normal NT match, no matter the rival.
Yeah the online site has over 1.400.000 people to get a ticket.

I'm 445.927. Have no chance I guess :/

Man Utd 3:1 Fulham

Irwin99

Other than one moment in the first half where he went down too easily I thought he was our best defender by a distance.

Even when he's not at his best he's still good.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Other than one moment in the first half where he went down too easily I thought he was our best defender by a distance.

Yeah, he recovered from that quickly and was once again a rock in the defense and composed in possession. Love him.

In Rainbows

He had his heels clipped. Should have been a foul against Reed.
That's what I saw too. Most times your foot hits your other leg mid run is because you got your heels clipped by someone else. The commentators somehow didn't pick up on that.

Dempsey19

Edit : just wrote a big thing thinking I was in the Maguire thread for some reason. Thank feck I noticed it otherwise I would have a few thousand notifications.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I thought he was clearly our best player on the day. Crisp passing again and dealt which pretty much everything he had to at the other end. I’d say he’s our best player (most consistent) overall.

SoCross

I thought Mitrovic was just about starting to trouble him before the incident. But was very good as usual, his passing through the lines is crucial.

tomaldinho1

That's what I saw too. Most times your foot hits your other leg mid run is because you got your heels clipped by someone else. The commentators somehow didn't pick up on that.
It’s this kind of thing that makes we wonder what quality of image commentators have - or if they wilfully ignore certain things. Was very obvious especially on the slow mo.

Rossa

It’s this kind of thing that makes we wonder what quality of image commentators have - or if they wilfully ignore certain things. Was very obvious especially on the slow mo.
The thing is, commentators very rarely admit to being wrong - so if they say something off the bat, if the slow motion images show something different, they tend to stay quiet or say, well it's still soft or something along those lines.

Sylar

Not that he had much competition yesterday, but the quality of his passing was streets ahead of everyone else. And that slip aside, he was good defensively too. Seemed to enjoy the challenge versus the combative Mitrovic.
Yeah, its precise and fizzed in. It was interesting seeing him next to Maguire for that reason, seeing how Maguire telegraphs his passes and its more floaty at times.

Martinez will get done when he goes out wide but you would hope it doesnt happen too often with a good set up

next_number_seven

I thought he was clearly our best player on the day. Crisp passing again and dealt which pretty much everything he had to at the other end. I’d say he’s our best player (most consistent) overall.
He should really be our player of the season.

He's been our most consistent performer and is at a good age

Rossa

Yeah, its precise and fizzed in. It was interesting seeing him next to Maguire for that reason, seeing how Maguire telegraphs his passes and its more floaty at times.

Martinez will get done when he goes out wide but you would hope it doesnt happen too often with a good set up
Maguire's passing has gone to sh*t. They were always lofty and floaty, taking forever to reach their targets - it was passing with the equivalent speed of his running. However, now he constantly overhits them as well, forcing his teammates to head the ball. It's a completed pass, so in terms of percentage it's good, but it's terrible for the team to move the ball forwards.

Martinez on the other hand shoots the ball to his teammates with precision. So much better both on the floor and in the air.

Oranges038

Martinez on the other hand shoots the ball to his teammates with precision. So much better both on the floor and in the air.
Reminds me of Keane's passing, not something he was especially noted for, but it was excellent when it came to breaking the lines going forward, crisp, precise and well weighted.

An understated ability when it comes to passing. Just look how many of these led to chances in the pass just after.

Irwin99

Reminds me of Keane's passing, not something he was especially noted for, but it was excellent when it came to breaking the lines going forward, crisp, precise and well weighted.

An understated ability when it comes to passing. Just look how many of these led to chances in the pass just after.

Agree with the comparison. Keane's favourite pass was the 10-15 yard forward ball into the strikers feet done at immense speed and accuracy. Matinez really does remind me of that.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Agree with the comparison. Keane's favourite pass was the 10-15 yard forward ball into the strikers feet done at immense speed and accuracy. Matinez really does remind me of that.
Mentioned this the other week. Similar passer, low and hard. His longer passes also tended to be low and fast. I think I read that Keane used to test new signings in training by passing to them like that and if their touch was off he’d get onto them over it.

Edit… I think a lot of people who didn’t see Keane play, or don’t get football, think he wasn’t that good on the ball and will then cream themselves over Gerrard, who I don’t think was that good playing one/two touches.

In Rainbows

Soo many hidings this season. 9 clean sheets since the new year in 22 fixtures. Hardly Jose's Chelsea
Do you know who has more clean sheets since the new year? I just looked at Newcastle, Arsenal, and City, and thus far City have as much as us.

Looks pretty good to me

GeorgieBoy

Does the Argentinian manager not fancy him?
Never seems to start for the national team. Romero picked ahead of him regularly?!

Bondi77

Does the Argentinian manager not fancy him?
Never seems to start for the national team. Romero picked ahead of him regularly?!
They won the world cup with Romero and he is still young so I doubt if Lisandro will get in front of him in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.