Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garaiku

his worst performance on united shirt, the 2nd goal and 3rd goals both from his loss of possession.
2nd goal he gave a foul but it's up to the striker to score a worldie freekick. For the 2rd goal losing possession is something that happens to everyone, it's Lindelof's fault for never pressuring the player that assisted, as he always does.

He had more good moments than bad, the midfield and strikers were the issue.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Him and Casemiro the only ones showing any grit and fight. I hope half of the rest of them can be replaced by players with a similar mentality.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Worst game for a while, but still comfortably one our better performers.

We've got too many players that have absolutely no positive impression on a game.

Rossa

Lindelof cost us that goal and showed how soft as shit we are with allowing Watkins to pull away and pretty much leave a gaping hole. Villa started quick and we just watched.
Lindelof was far too easily done as he always is and ends up in no man’s land. Terrible.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Lindelof was far too easily done as he always is and ends up in no man’s land. Terrible.
Nobody dropped in either, just too easy and very annoying to watch. Was too predictable from the start of the game that we didn’t turn up. Just like Brentford and City.

IFC 1905

It’s ironic his worst game had nothing to do with his height :lol:
Still think he had two mistakes, and the goals after those are

A- a very good freekick, can happen
B- lindelof

apart from that he did well and played amazing long balls

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Reminded us that he’s just a man and he can’t single-handedly fix everything every game.

Still he has grown into the game after a poor start and was probably our second best performer after Casemiro.

We’re missing Varane so much! And, a bit less expectedly, perhaps, Bruno with his energy.

Sgreddevil

Commendable as always for his fight but he did had few critical mistakes and caused the goals. Might be due to fatigue. However, if Varane is around instead of Lindelof, those goals may not happened. First goal started because Lindelof was too weak in the winning the header. 3rd goal Lindelof gave too much respect and kept backing off when he should just force a foul if the situation was dangerous. I feel that our team is very bad with committing professional fouls when required, something that many other teams keep doing to us

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Interesting to see how ETH uses him, compared to how Arteta would have.

Obviously ETH knows him better, so I'm not criticising him at all. I just find it interesting that we were keen on him and I believe he was a potential priority signing, but we lost out and settled for Zinchenko instead.

We know Martinez is a good passer and is skilful on the ball for a defender. I believe that Arteta would have used him as a LB, playing that strange psuedo-midfield/LB role he has Zinchenko play.

Tony247

1st goal was on Lindelof. What was he thinking stupid feck running a race with player and going 30 yards out of position! 2nd, yes Martinez gave away a foul but that fk was a worldie. After that I stopped watching.

How did Martinez do in second half?

Tony247

And BTW if Martinez doesn't get rest and gets injured then rest in peace united.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Horror shock start from him, and didn't really recovered. However having one of the worst CBs in the league next to him who can't defend to save his life really doesn't help. Are we ready for Harry + Licha partnership finally?

Wezzaldo

People saying he was terrible are clueless.
Yes he made a couple of mistakes in possession, but would have been a far worse scoreline if it wasn’t for him today. Was having to defend his position and Lindelof’s.

Strelok

1st goal was on Lindelof. What was he thinking stupid feck running a race with player and going 30 yards out of position! 2nd, yes Martinez gave away a foul but that fk was a worldie. After that I stopped watching.

He's probably the only player worth watching along Casemiro. Looked really pissed my thought was he's about to smash some Villa player and get a red card.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
1st goal wasn't his fault. Bailey is rapid and was a nice finish.

2nd goal was the first time I've seen him sloppy, but it happens.

3rd goal is just a misplaced header on the half way line ffs. WAY WAY more on Lindelof that.

Tony247

He's probably the only player worth watching along Casemiro. Looked really pissed my thought was he's about to smash some Villa player and get a red card.
Idiot Lindelof literally ran horizontally for many yards so much that Martinez had to take his place. I was screaming in my head.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He only seems to get booked when it's bollocks. Yellow cards for that """""handball""""" in the first Sociedad game, and a clean tackle in the other one, but ran around the pitch putting himself about all game today and gave a Villa player two or three very nice elbows in the ribs and didn't get a sniff of a card.

A-man

Think it was his worst game since City. I don’t blame him too much for the second goal. It was clumsy ball handling but it was more a mistake than poor technique and can happen to anybody. But he felt a bit off in his timing today. Was overplayed and caught out a few times, dribbled. Had some good tackles and two nice long balls, but also gave away possession a few times.

led_scholes

On fault for the second goal.
Still, he didn't give up despite his mistakes and his sloppiness. Great attitude. A sloppy game here and then will happen. It has happened to the best.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

It was Shaw who gave the free kick away for the 2nd.
Would have to re-watch it to see if it was a foul though.

phelans shorts

It definitely was, but Martinez dreadful ball meant Shaw had to make the challenge.

Don’t think Martinez was bad in all though, that pass and the header out for the third obviously aren’t good because it directly caused 2 goals, but on 99% of occasions neither go in

Kostov

He misplaced a fecking headed pass, not his fault that they ran through us like that. His partner on the other had, a complete fecking coward.

Dominos

1st goal was on Lindelof. What was he thinking stupid feck running a race with player and going 30 yards out of position!
It's perfectly possible for multiple players to defend sub-optimally. It doesn't always have to be on one player.

Re-watching it, Martinez had ample time and space in order to match the run. He could have dropped off the man on the ball earlier and left Shaw to confront the ball. He allowed Bailey to get a run on him, and his last error was not sliding in to block the shot. If you slide, and he cuts inside and you slide past him and look silly, so be it. But you have to make an attempt at a block, you can't just let him shoot.

Martinez sold Shaw short and Shaw had no choice but to bring him down.

His mistakes in giving the ball away twice for the 2 goals aren't a massive worry considering on the ball is usually one of his strengths. Certainly one of his worst games though, unexpected because he's been close to perfect for the last few weeks.

Ekeke

Probably his worst performance so far. Sloppy moments on the ball that were punished by Villa. Still had some good tackles as well but he certainly wasnt at his best against Villa

Rossa

Anyone blaming him for losing a foot race to Leon Bailey, who will probably never emulate that finish for the rest of his career? Bailey is rapid, and Martinez is quick, but not rapid. Varane would perhaps have kept up.

Not his best game, but then he had to do Lindelof's defending and most of Shaw's too. That's a big ask for anyone.

Remember the geese

When you are a defender and you make two errors that cost your team 2 goals, then that is bad performance.
Not really, no. The free kick in particular was unfortunate. On another day that balloons over the bar or wide. Generally he was one of our better players. Was still confident in possession and aggressive in duels. I wish some of our other players showed as much heart. Villa were just very clinical. Fair play to them.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
When you are a defender and you make two errors that cost your team 2 goals, then that is bad performance.
I wouldn't really put him at blame for either goal - for the 2nd he mis-controls it yeah, but its only leads to a free kick and the ref decided the wall should be 20 yards away for some bizarre reason. Another day/player and it doesn't go in.

3rd goal yes the header is loose but they pick up the ball 60 odd yards from goal, it should never have led to a goal from there.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
He's going to have a target on him after they missed his elbow on VAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.