Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

lex talionis

The one mistake by Martinez was the boneheader right to a Villa player. I’m not going to flog a defender for losing a foot race. Of course you always want your defenders to match pace with forwards, but that’s not always realistic. The first goal is clearly on Lindelof, who makes Maguire look like prime Vidic.

RoyH1

Yeah, not his best game but it says a lot about our team that even then he's one of our best players. So much fight in him.

Wrecking ralf

Really think Pua Torres would be good to bring in. I think he compliment both Martinez and Varane in a partnership. Would give us better options rather than Maguire and Lindelof coming in. Lindelof is useful as a 4th choice

A-man

Really think Pua Torres would be good to bring in. I think he compliment both Martinez and Varane in a partnership. Would give us better options rather than Maguire and Lindelof coming in. Lindelof is useful as a 4th choice
He is a left footed LCB and would basically only compete with Martinez, not play together with him.

Ekeke

Has a lot of the same problems as Lindelof. Not sure its enough of an improvement. Maybe as a backup to Lisandro at LCB

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Was very good again. Dan James has the pace to smoke most defenders 1v1 but he dealt with everything else with his usual class.

Ekeke

Think he just looked tired today. And wasnt ready for James doing what he did, which he should have been

Marwood

Think he just looked tired today. And wasnt ready for James doing what he did, which he should have been
Nothing he can do about the two occasions James did him for pace. The game was open at that point, he got him one on one. Almost every CB in the world gets beat by James there.

Bobski

He is small and not paticularily quick. By all standard PL logic he should struggle at CB but he is one of the best in the division.

Ekeke

Nothing he can do about the two occasions James did him for pace. The game was open at that point, he got him one on one. Almost every CB in the world gets beat by James there.
Point is he isnt running at full pelt anticipating James knocking it and running, where he can go at full speed and make body contact with James to stop him reaching max speed. He can do better and did not

SambaBoy

His passing is excellent. Obviously got roasted by Dan James a few times, and he should learn from that as he tried to go shoulder to shoulder rather than drop off and allow himself the space to defend.

I thinK Pereira tried to wind him up and leave one on him, he responded by absolutely folding him up twice. Love his passion.

Cabin Clown

Thought he had a great game. Set the tempo for us after their gung-ho start by slowing the game down on the ball and made some crucial interceptions. An 8/10.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I think this is about the first game when he hasn't been our best centre half. I thought Lindelöf was better today, though Martinez had another decent game.

Any centre back in the league is being done by a kick and run from Dan James in open space, so I wouldn't hold that against him.

Marwood

Point is he isnt running at full pelt anticipating James knocking it and running, where he can go at full speed and make body contact with James to stop him reaching max speed. He can do better and did not
No chance and I think he was at full speed. James just made him look slow. It was a foot race and in that situation only one winner.

Was just a perfect situation for James.

A-man

Struggled with James’ speed, but apart from that he had a very good game. I understand him and Lindelof will struggle in the air sometimes, but they work very well together, even in a game like today, with a lot of box defending.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Difference between Maguire and Martinez (one of many) is that... in the second half a runner came out wide and Martinez expect it and clattered into him, took the ball and man Vidic style, high up the pitch maybe 15 yards past the half way line.

If that was Maguire, he would strafe like a duck all the way back to our penalty box running diagonally from that player hoping Fred or McTominay would bail him out.

Delano

Hope he starts for Argentina at the WC, I'll miss watching the little fecker.

criticalanalysis

Pretty much won everything aerially in and out the box in the first half. Second half, overcommitted on James a couple of times but that's just Martinez; he'll go 1 vs 1 and set the tempo for us all the time.

A few sloppy balls but he was pretty much the only one taking the reins on the ball from the back. Played quite a few nice balls between the lines but our forward line was all over the place and didn't really give him good options. Tough game but never shied away from any duel or responsibility. That's the difference between rating a 'good' performance and a 'good' player. He's immense.

Chief123

Something isn’t scientifically right with him. It’s defying science.

He has an incredible leap when jumping for the ball. Has to be one of the best in the league at jumping. He seams to outjump and head the ball so comfortably even against massive strikers. He doesn’t even give them a chance to get off the ground. It really is fascinating to see. He just doesn’t look troubled at all jumping and heading for the ball against anyone.

Irwin99

Thought he was fantastic again. A couple of one on ones he lost with James but that's against one of the fastest players in the league and I don't think our full backs were nearly as strong defensively as him and Victor today.

Always seems to want the ball and get the team going. Very Keano-esque

PoTMS

He's just such a good player. I never expected him to be this good. Along with Bruno, one of our best post-Fergie signings. Heck, he might be one of our best ever!

Glorio

He would have been surprised I'm sure by the raw pace Dan James has. If that man has the run on you, you're not catching him, simple as.

Rossa

He's one of the quickest players and will beat most defenders, what impressed me the most was he didn't dive in and get booked.
Maybe Kyle Walker would have kept up with James, but he’s probably the only defender who would. Completely agree with you, that Martinez kept running after being left for dead and then refused to slide in was clever gritty play.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's amazing that we had a free run on him under ETH. But then our previous scout probably marked him as "too short" (just like 99% of the Caf, but we're not getting paid to thoroughly analyze players).

The United

I thought he didn't have a good game compared to his normal standard. Thought he could have done better with their goal then a few sloppy passes going straight to Fulham players in our own half.

But then again maybe my expectations for him became unreasonably too high and the RB having a mare probably made the whole defense looked bad.

Real Name

He's been at the club for like 4 months and fans are already wearing kits with his name and waving Argentinian flags en masse. One of the best incoming transfers in like 10 years or more, not just fot his qualities but for his carachter on and of the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.