Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyMUFC

All the shit Licha got about his height looks ridiculous at this point.

He is probably our most consistent player, MOTM again today.

abailey123

Is there a centre half in world football you’d have over Martinez? None for me

Malone_Post

I’ve run out of superlatives for him, I honestly don’t think there’s a weakness in his game. I mean there should be because of his height, but he’s an absolute monster in the air. It’s ridiculous. He’s one of those rare defenders that is just a joy to watch. I really don’t think it’s hyperbolic to call him world class. There’s not a player I’d take over him. I reckon you could put him in midfield & he’d run the show. He’s just that good.

thebelfastboy

WHAT A PLAYER.

He just oozes absolute class in everything he does.

The quality of his defending and how well he reads the play is up there with the very best, but what stands out for me most is the confidence that he has in his own ability - when he's on the ball, to invite pressure on himself to allow him to play a better pass that opens up the game.

The best of the best always make things look so easy and natural - he's right up there.

Best player at the club IMO.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Bossing it like the boss he is.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
WHAT A PLAYER.

He just oozes absolute class in everything he does.

The quality of his defending and how well he reads the play is up there with the very best, but what stands out for me most is the confidence that he has in his own ability - when he's on the ball, to invite pressure on himself to allow him to play a better pass that opens up the game.

The best of the best always make things look so easy and natural - he's right up there.

Best player at the club IMO.
Good observation. It’s the same with his one v one defending. He backs himself to make a clean tackle and come away with the ball whenever it’s on. There’s always a risk in doing that instead of just shepherding the player away but it makes a massive difference to our transitions when he gets it right.

atkar83

For all of you who say you wouldn't replace him with anyone, is there a better CB duo than Licha and Varane?

I think he's my favorite player since Vidic

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Already my favourite player of the last 10 years.

ForeverRed1

He’s exactly what this team needed not only in terms of talent but attitude and mentality too. He’s just born to play for united. Love him.

IFC 1905

One of his saves today was similar to this one.

Thank God you play for my country Licha. I want you for Argentina's captaincy after Messi's era.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
That clearance first time over his head is truly insane. The guy is so technically good. Love him!

Blood Mage

4th best CB in the league for me behind Varane, Saliba and Silva. Amazing how badly he's showing up his critics.

NoPace

I struggle to choose between him and Varane. I would say Varane is slightly better right now though
They're both great, but they need each other. Varane needs to play next to a passer to organize things and a partner who can step into midfield and Lisandro needs height and some pace in behind and while Varane isn't quick anymore exactly, he has long strides and doesn't get beat over the top yet. Easier to find a Varane style player than a Lisandro at LCB, though as Konate cost like 35M and Gvardiol will cost like 90M I'd guess, so the market says Lisandro, even though on the pitch it looks equal. Left-footers and quality passing CBs are just too rare.

NoPace

4th best CB in the league for me behind Varane, Saliba and Silva. Amazing how badly he's showing up his critics.
As a slow rec level CB, I think Silva being old is probably contributing slightly to Chelsea's poor attacking play more than people at our level of football analysis can understand, even if he frequently appears to be their most creative passer from deep and breaks up a 2 on 1 or saves a ball on the goal line seemingly every 2nd game.

sport2793

Forgot about him tbf yeah he's definitely up there.
Fair enough, it's hard to do a ranking of CBs but in terms of tiers I would put Varane, Lisandro, Ruben Dias, VVD, Saliba, and Thiago Silva (in no particular order) in tier 1 and other CBs below them.

Robbie Boy

What a performance. This guy is sheer class. Having a likeable team again is really something :drool:

BarryWinks

We should do all we can to tie him down. Those cnuts from Spain will come knocking at some point for sure.

IFC 1905

We should do all we can to tie him down. Those cnuts from Spain will come knocking at some point for sure.
Don't get why people here are obsessed with Spain. The spanish league is dead. In fact, a big sign is that this season has the most argentine players in PL history. Language isn't a barrier anymore.

I believe Lisandro is very happy at Manchester. You don't have to worry.

Reactions: Invictus

SuperiorXI

He is phenomenal at defending. He always makes the right decision. Sometimes he looks like he's doing something risky but ends up pulling it off. Class.

Irwin99

You wouldn't be surprised to see him in the team of the season at this rate as I think even oppo fans are recognizing he's a great player. Him, Rashford and Casemiro look the clear candidates for our POTY award too. Been a fantastic signing :D

BlueHaze

Been absolutely brilliant and by far my fav player this season.

I owe him a big apology for calling him a useless garden gnome and an argentinian leprechaun after the Brentford game. More like the argentinan dragon!

Grande

Been absolutely brilliant and by far my fav player this season.

I owe him a big apology for calling him a useless garden gnome and an argentinian leprechaun after the Brentford game. More like the argentinan dragon!
The last 27 minutes of this game, he was like Schmeichel against Newcastle in 96.

ole@thewheel

It's like we got a clone of Vidic with this guy, just trading the formers height and aerial dominance with ability on the ball and field vision.

I'll take the trade off.

Reactions: Invictus

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Why dose it feel like this stats don't tell how well he played today :nervous:
Because stats have no context and this exactly why they're a waste of time in evaluating a performance

Leethal

Because stats have no context and this exactly why they're a waste of time in evaluating a performance
Well said. Sick to death of people evaluating a player based on some non-contextual numbers.

I don't need XG, XGA, PFX, TYZ, or whatever acronym is assigned to some arbitrary stat to tell me if a player is decent or not. I was blessed with this sensory thingy called vision.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Well said. Sick to death of people evaluating a player based on some non-contextual numbers.

I don't need XG, XGA, PFX, TYZ, or whatever acronym is uassigned to some arbitrary stat to tell me if a player is decent or not. I was blessed with this sensory thingy called vision.
Same here, been saying it ever since I joined this forum - you'll love my response of the DDG thread near the end BTW :)

Status
Not open for further replies.